Home

NHL 17 Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2016, 03:42 PM   #385
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL 17 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
Even as someone who doesn't own 17, if NHL15 was your last one, I imagine you'll enjoy NHL17.

NHL15 was an absolute train wreck, and EA should probably have sent out refunds for it. But, 17 looks to be a solid improvement over it. Still far from perfect, but everything I've seen looks promising.
Wasn't there a story floating around about how the EA brass was really ticked off with how bad NHL 15 was?
Something about how they were going to fire the entire staff, but NHL 16 ended up being pretty good so it saved their jobs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2016, 03:48 PM   #386
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

NHL 17's new creation modes are going to keep me vested in this game for a very long time. The fact that I can recreate vintage franchises such as the Whalers, North Stars and Nordiques -- complete with old-school equipment and arena environment -- and add them to my franchise is the single best innovation I've seen in this series in quite awhile. Well done EA.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:17 PM   #387
Rookie

Shadak's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDShoes
NHL 10 was my last version too until NHL 15 and I regretted that so much, I'm skipping NHL 17.
Cheers, what i keep reading is a mixed bag tbh. Some people enjoy offline very much, while some are very disappointed with the GM mode.

I would love a new sports game this year but I dunno, cant find anything thats above decent, including NBA 2k17 which I have for PC, thats full of (gameplay) bugs and glitches .. oh well.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:50 PM   #388
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Yeah, I created the Nords and now I'm pretty much set. I'm sure there are some who are upset with GM mode, but honestly I think its pretty awesome. There will always be people who are complaining and realize that if the problems they have were fixed, they'd just find other problems to whine about.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:13 AM   #389
Rookie

Södy's Arena

So after hearing great things about the offline play with the sliders, I bit the bullet and got an XBOX One and NHL 17. Can't wait to try it out. You guys better be right about the offline experience
Old 09-27-2016, 01:22 AM   #390
Rookie

I think I'm quite fine with how this game turned out! Now they just need to add in practices for xp instead of simmed training, you can Sim it and just become a top 6 f, top 4 d, but if you want to be elite or franchise player, you have to do the passing drills, skating drills, deking drills, and you cant pull off certain dekes until your skill was high enough etc...also can build chemistry in scrimmages and successful plays in game (tic tac toe plays) playing junior, if youre good, play Ivan hlinka tourney, wjc, world cup, Olympics, Going as far as doing cinematics for interviews and doing team events and charities if players want that option(summer golf tourney?) Have your players build a career and earn the captaincy on and off the ice, making choices along the way that may impact your career? maybe he retires a legend and becomes a gm using same roster he retired with? Maybe I'm alone on this but I'd never put the game down
Old 09-27-2016, 06:59 AM   #391
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdcn90
I think I'm quite fine with how this game turned out! Now they just need to add in practices for xp instead of simmed training, you can Sim it and just become a top 6 f, top 4 d, but if you want to be elite or franchise player, you have to do the passing drills, skating drills, deking drills, and you cant pull off certain dekes until your skill was high enough etc...also can build chemistry in scrimmages and successful plays in game (tic tac toe plays) playing junior, if youre good, play Ivan hlinka tourney, wjc, world cup, Olympics, Going as far as doing cinematics for interviews and doing team events and charities if players want that option(summer golf tourney?) Have your players build a career and earn the captaincy on and off the ice, making choices along the way that may impact your career? maybe he retires a legend and becomes a gm using same roster he retired with? Maybe I'm alone on this but I'd never put the game down
Totally agree.
They have this in NBA2K and it's one of the reasons a non-basketball fan like myself has purchased the game in the past. So much depth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 07:33 AM   #392
Rookie

Södy's Arena

Oh by the way, can I save my sliders? So start a World Cup of Hockey, adjust the sliders, save them and use them in my season?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »