Home

Annual EA survey previewing NHL 19 features

This is a discussion on Annual EA survey previewing NHL 19 features within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2017, 09:50 AM   #17
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Annual EA survey previewing NHL 19 features

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandGropeR
It is something I will have to come to terms with as I love playing goalie and need to just relax and try and enjoy it for what it is but it is hard not to get angry at some of the stuff.
Is 16 or 17 any better with all the patchs they got?
I came to terms with this in 2015/16. Mostly! LOL. I make some adjustments and try and enjoy it for what it is. I'm currently at the same spot on the schedule as the Pens are IRL.

IMO 18 is better than anything we had in 15/16/17, best next gen game so far from them, but that is not saying much.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 12-02-2017, 12:16 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1

I’m shocked nobody mentioned the real player differentiation.

Not one hah. This game suffers from everybody playing the same and having access to the same moves..goaltenders essentially being robots.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:56 PM   #19
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34

Not one hah. This game suffers from everybody playing the same and having access to the same moves..goaltenders essentially being robots.
Adjust attribute effect slider to 10/10. Works wonders. Cheers!
Old 12-02-2017, 03:25 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
+1, yep you can see the difference in the players with it at 10
Old 12-02-2017, 05:27 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandGropeR
+1, yep you can see the difference in the players with it at 10
I read it as different animations and styles of play for different players so that the game actually looks and feels dynamic rather than just more separation between players and attributes. Especially since it says each player type will look and feel different. It was the number one thing that caught my eye and should definitely be a priority.

Last edited by Moose24x; 12-02-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2017, 12:29 AM   #22
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

NHL 19 - they NEED TO FOCUS ON REALISM

Screw the arcade gimmicks and follow the lead of MLB The Show and go for REALISM, nuances of the game, etc.

75% of the players should have their face or at least be very close to the real life counterpart (hair, facial hair, etc.)

More goalie equipment and NEW MASKS (give each team 4 or 5 goalie masks and try to get the rights to include some real masks worn by goalies)

Fine tune the game play so there is more REAL HOCKEY strategy, dump ins, board battles, cycling, etc

Some small improvements to key areas would make an enormous impact on this game.

Hopefully the frostbite engine is in next year
Old 12-03-2017, 08:52 AM   #23
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
NHL 19 - they NEED TO FOCUS ON REALISM

Screw the arcade gimmicks and follow the lead of MLB The Show and go for REALISM, nuances of the game, etc.

75% of the players should have their face or at least be very close to the real life counterpart (hair, facial hair, etc.)

More goalie equipment and NEW MASKS (give each team 4 or 5 goalie masks and try to get the rights to include some real masks worn by goalies)

Fine tune the game play so there is more REAL HOCKEY strategy, dump ins, board battles, cycling, etc

Some small improvements to key areas would make an enormous impact on this game.

Hopefully the frostbite engine is in next year
I’ve neen ringing this bell for a while. If they just sat down and fixed some of the glaring issues with AI and focused on board play and looser pucks as well as had a major presentation overhaul that captures a real NHL game (after whistle scrums, 5 MAN CELEBRATION, and reactions that fit the situation both by the players and commentary) it would be a new game. When you look at the last few releases it is without a doubt stale and plagued with legacy issues
Old 12-03-2017, 12:21 PM   #24
Just started!

All I'll say is that if I play the beta next year and there aren't significant improvements in the gameplay department, nothing else they put into the game will make me buy it. Anyone who isn't prioritizing gameplay features has I'm lost the plot. It is the single most important area that needs to be addressed.

Over the course of each iteration, a large majority of people will spend 90%+ of their time playing the game. By this, I mean on ice action so exhibition, online, eashl, drop-in, hut, versus, etc. No matter how great the customization features are, or the graphics are, if you're not enjoying the game, you'll not come back to play it.

Honestly, I don't understand the point of this survey. It seems like there's a real lack of understanding at EA about what makes a game successful/gives it longevity. Modes are nice but it's always been about depth and refining your game mechanics to make it as enjoyable as possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »