Home

Defensman question

This is a discussion on Defensman question within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2018, 05:59 PM   #1
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

OVR: 0
Defensman question

Can someone please explain why every AI player SLAMS into the board when picking up the puck behind the net. So freaking annoying. Anyone know how to fix this???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2018, 10:56 PM   #2
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Defensman question

I know, it's really silly considering that there are animations for retrieving a puck near the boards. I can trigger said animations by timing a "stop" correctly when skating back to get the puck. I can do it from pretty much any angle and any where along the boards. I can even do it with a puck that is moving around the boards. The timing is a little trickier, but it can be done and it actually looks somewhat proper.

Unfortunately, I don't think the dev-team as solved that problem. AI players don't know how to interact with the boards. I mean, they've barely got them to recognize the net.

Whether they can't solve it or haven't put the effort towards it because HUT is priority is up for debate. But I agree with you, it's annoying.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:15 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
Can someone please explain why every AI player SLAMS into the board when picking up the puck behind the net. So freaking annoying. Anyone know how to fix this???
You might try setting 'Board Effect Puck Carrier' and 'Board Effect Non Puck Carrier' from 50 to around 10 under Gameplay Settings -> Checking.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:34 AM   #4
Just started!

I primarily play 3v3 eashl club hockey. We can't figure out how to set the "aggressiveness" of the d-man to anything other than the most aggressive setting. All other in-game adjustments are orange in color, the screen for the faceoffs and this setting are blue. We can adjust the faceoffs but NOT the aggressiveness setting. Please help!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »