Home

It’s the little things that remind me how much EA doesn’t care about us offliners

This is a discussion on It’s the little things that remind me how much EA doesn’t care about us offliners within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2019, 10:43 AM   #25
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: It’s the little things that remind me how much EA doesn’t care about us offliners

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Thanks to Madden and a team that actually patches and cares about the franchise folks, I haven't touched NHL 19 in weeks. To be honest, I don't have any desire to fire up my franchise either.

I'm sure at some point I'll play it, but that would be just to get a hockey fix.

I will not purchase NHL 20 unless franchise mode is revamped and game play gets a long overdue injection where the NHL team figures out how to make the game dynamic and unpredictable.

I had the same issue with Madden and finally this year Madden has been such a joy to play. Top players stand out, teams play differently and the franchise mode is a perfect blend of fun and just enough depth to keep me engrossed in its universe.
This is pretty much where I'm at, too. I won't delete NHL 19, because I'm sure come playoff time I'll want to play the game again, but for now, I'm content to keep progressing in MLB The Show and Madden 19. I feel like I get good variety of games from the CPU in both, so easier to want to go back and keep playing more.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2019, 11:04 AM   #26
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: It’s the little things that remind me how much EA doesn’t care about us offliners

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
This is pretty much where I'm at, too. I won't delete NHL 19, because I'm sure come playoff time I'll want to play the game again, but for now, I'm content to keep progressing in MLB The Show and Madden 19. I feel like I get good variety of games from the CPU in both, so easier to want to go back and keep playing more.
Bottom line is this development either doesn’t get it or doesn’t care. They do nothing Year in and year out to enhance the offline experience. I used to say they only care about HUT but that mode is under fire from its fan base. Cheaters and pause glitchers not only go unpunished but rather get rewarded, Player ratings are obviously placebo as an 81 card plays exactly like a 95 legend, and your AI teammates play is so random that most game outcomes are affecte too much by things out of user comtrol
Old 01-17-2019, 02:48 PM   #27
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Bottom line is this development either doesn’t get it or doesn’t care. They do nothing Year in and year out to enhance the offline experience. I used to say they only care about HUT but that mode is under fire from its fan base. Cheaters and pause glitchers not only go unpunished but rather get rewarded, Player ratings are obviously placebo as an 81 card plays exactly like a 95 legend, and your AI teammates play is so random that most game outcomes are affecte too much by things out of user comtrol
Exactly... and believe me I'm not happy having to type negative stuff about a game I care about and have had fun in previous versions. It's grown stale and for me it just took another game with a fun franchise mode and game play that's dynamic and plays more true to player ratings and team focus than the same game play each and every game with players who all play pretty much with the same skill.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »