Home

NHL 20 EA Access Trial Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 20 EA Access Trial Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2019, 11:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
NHL 20 EA Access Trial Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

The NHL 20 trial is available for EA Access subscribers (Xbox One, PlayStation 4 – $4.99...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by BenVenom; 09-05-2019 at 11:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2019, 11:50 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Trial is up

Someone get the legend teams
Old 09-05-2019, 01:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Played one period and noticed the improved puck pickup. Scored a goal with what seemed an improved one-timer animation.

Other than that , the sample is too small to draw any conclusion. I will test it more tonight.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:13 PM   #4
Rookie

HUT crashing on everyone is the energy I need today. That mode should be annihilated from existence
Old 09-05-2019, 01:22 PM   #5
Rookie

PhillsPhan26's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialAssassin
HUT crashing on everyone is the energy I need today. That mode should be annihilated from existence
Are you surprised? I'm not. I cancelled EA Access seven months ago because I refuse to line their(EA) pockets with my money. Don't need to try a trial to know where this game is headed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2019, 03:06 PM   #6
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Played one game, the Blues (me) vs Bruins game while it installed. Played on default Pro, 10 minute periods.

Game felt pretty good, definitely not revolutionary or anything like that but felt pretty smooth. I haven't played '19 in a while so I'm definitely rusty.

First period was pretty even, I was up 1-0 with a 10-8 shots advantage. i felt like the Bruins were able to put some pressure on me, but again I was pretty rusty.

3-1 Blues after two as I went up 3-0 but the Bruins got a PP goal to get within 2. They had a few great chances but weren't able to finish then they got one.

Third was wild, I got two to make it 5-1, then the B's got one back but I potted a 6th. Bruins scored twice in the last two minutes to make the final 6-4. Final shots were 42-39 Blues. Blues went 1/2 on the PP while the Bruins went 1/3.

Perron got 4 for the Blues, all nice setups. I was able to get him a few passes across the slot. Schenn scored a nice PP goal when he broke behind the D while the puck was on the high wall and I was able to hit him with a pass and he went top shelf,

Coyle had 3 for the Bruins, so two hatties in the game, something to see if that is common or just a fluke,

I was able to get some setups on offence and the Bruins felt dangerous without feeling like the CPU went into Beserker mode. CPU teammates didn't seem like complete idiots, they weren't crashing into me when I was trying to breakout and they were getting into position in the offensive zone.

Bottom line - I'm looking forward to playing it again.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:45 PM   #7
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Played the game Blues vs Bruins. I saw things that I liked but it’s still too much of a North South game with zero board play and zero neutral zone play. It’s way too easy to skate right by someone even after making contact. Zero player separation and legacy issues still rear their ugly head. They just really don’t understand or cannot capture the sport accurately. Not sure I could play a whole season of this.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:59 PM   #8
Rookie

reth316's Arena

OVR: 5

Started Franchise. Played first regular season game.

Won 5-2. Scored 4 in 3rd period to come from behind to win.

Good...skating feels nice and the great 8 has a special shot that felt great! Goalies were solid, even tho i scored 5 all goals were legit no soft goals. Presentation wise I actually like the score overlay at the bottom and love how the game stats (blocked shots, powerplays etc) pop up. Think people will get used to it.

Bad...took way too many penalties. Think I have 8, 2 were 100% on me but I think I need to alter sliders here. Saw way more cpu blocked shots, I found it really hard to get shots on the net until 3rd period things opened up. Thinking about it this might actually be good not bad. Presentation wise and commentary wise I cant make my mind up I think it feels a little arcadey. I do like the graphics that come up but I want to see more around the league score updates show up etc.

Only 1 game so far but overall I enjoyed it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »