Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Full Reveal Coming in September

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Full Reveal Coming in September within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-09-2023, 12:23 PM   #17
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC 5 Full Reveal Sept 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Saw the announcement and got OS boards flashbacks, thought I'd come say hi. Good to see you around, Alberto, how have things been around here? Any significant discourse? I hopped on like a year ago and there was nobody, I even think I saw that Philyboi was banned, how come? It's been a minute, huh.
Good to see you, man. I havent been on this board much over the last 2 yrs. I lurk but I dont take part much in the discussion any more.
Old 07-09-2023, 06:27 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Full Reveal Coming in September

Always looking forward to something new, however, I'll hold my excitement until I see that the player models aren't moving around like mannequins and sliding around the ring completely ignoring physics!!

Additionally, if its fully developed for current generation systems, that would be a big plus as the devs can focus strictly on the power of todays systems without any handicaps (at least this is what I imagine happens when you have to develop for two different generations of system).

Lastly, FIFA, Madden, and NBA 2k24 all have/will introduce/d new technology, i.e new skeletal systems, field sense, etc which allow for better movement and physics. Let's hope UFC does something similar to avoid.......(see first sentence lol).
Old 07-09-2023, 09:10 PM   #19
Rookie

I'm excited to learn more, but at the same time, I'm trying not to get too excited. If it isn't releasing on PC, then I won't be buying. I don't have any of the current-gen consoles and have zero intention of buying one. I'm not going to buy one just for one game. So as of now, I'm just crossing my fingers for a PC release.
Old 07-10-2023, 12:02 AM   #20
Rookie

What’s up guys. Back again for the next ramp up. Let the speculation begin! Haha

Been a minute, I completely skipped 4 as after trying the beta there just wasn’t enough for me to get excited about the game. It honestly was a letdown. I did however keep track of the roster updates I think they did a great job updating the fighters so kudos for that.

With rumors of a new engine and the shift in devs at ea I’m excited n hopeful again.
Old 07-10-2023, 12:48 PM   #21
Rookie

Of course there’s plenty of gameplay changes I hope for but as always, hoping for a robust and deep roster. They’ve done a decent job of keeping 4 up to date so hoping with that as a the starting point we don’t have a totally outdated roster at launch like we have in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2023, 06:40 PM   #22
Rookie

EA is a sales and player enthusiast. I find it almost impossible for PS4 players to be out in the open and abandoned. Having said that, it comes to mind to imagine some scenarios;

1) UFC 5 is released on next-gen only, causing massively negative buzz and graphical comparisons of current-gen UFC 4 and next-gen UFC 5, something similar to what happens with eFootball.

2) UFC 5 is released as a new game, and UFC 4 receives a season update; with new animations, updated fighter appearances, new EA MMA style combat arenas.

3) UFC 5 is released for both generations, further strengthening EA in Cross-Gen, however, PS4 and Xbox One versions will be released two months after the official launch.
Old 07-10-2023, 07:55 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor.rn
EA is a sales and player enthusiast. I find it almost impossible for PS4 players to be out in the open and abandoned. Having said that, it comes to mind to imagine some scenarios;

1) UFC 5 is released on next-gen only, causing massively negative buzz and graphical comparisons of current-gen UFC 4 and next-gen UFC 5, something similar to what happens with eFootball.

2) UFC 5 is released as a new game, and UFC 4 receives a season update; with new animations, updated fighter appearances, new EA MMA style combat arenas.

3) UFC 5 is released for both generations, further strengthening EA in Cross-Gen, however, PS4 and Xbox One versions will be released two months after the official launch.
The PS5 will have been out for 3 years when UFC 5 releases. PS5 is no longer "next gen" it has been current gen for a while. UFC 4 is not a current gen game - it's a last gen game.

1) I don't think there will be massively negative buzz if the game only releases current gen.

2) I don't think this is likely at all. I'd put money on them never ever doing this.

3) This is possible.

In my opinion, the best thing would be for them to release on current gen hardware and PC. That way they don't have to worry about the technical limitations of last gen hardware. Personally, all I actually care about is if they release it on PC, because if they don't, then I won't be buying.
Old 07-10-2023, 08:02 PM   #24
Pro

Re: UFC 5 Full Reveal Sept 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
but I dont take part much in the discussion any more.

There wasn't much the say for the last year. Literaly nothing's changed, so it's all the same speculation and complaining about aspects of the game that weren't going to change anyway. So not much sense coming here.

As for last-gen release: I hope it isn't the case as it likely lowers the quality of the product. By now everyone who wanted a PS5 or Xbox has one. It's been years. So it'll just be a couple of guys flooding forums with their complaining. If there were to be a PC release (fingers crossed), they definitely don't have anything to complain about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »