Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Full Reveal Coming in September

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Full Reveal Coming in September within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-01-2023, 09:10 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Full Reveal Coming in September

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331
100% agree. And lets set the AI and sliders to P1/CPU instead of Red/Blue corner. I do the same thing: do all my gameplay thru custom fight now with the good sliders and i fight out of the same corner every single time because i don't feel like flipping all the sliders just to be a blue corner fighter.
Yes, that is something I forgot to mention. Would be much better to have universal sliders for the player vs. sliders for the ai as opposed to the corner. There are some things I do to the ai I don’t do to myself in order to make them act more realistically. For realism, like for example a title fight where you want to be the challenger instead of champion, it’s nice to be able to change corners but then you have to change all the sliders which is just annoying.

Last edited by sdpdude9; 08-01-2023 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:22 PM   #50
Rookie

I'm kind of excited to see what's new with this game, but having to wait another month for any sort of update kinda sucks. UFC 4 had some leaks right before the reveal, right? I feel like I saw the Streetbeefs arena a couple of days before the trailer actually hit.
Old 08-10-2023, 02:22 PM   #51
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
Universe mode. It’s 2023 what is the hold up???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the dream and, unfortunately, I feel like it still isn't happening. I don't even need or want that much, just give me a calendar, the ability to schedule a minor (Ie: Fight Night) and a PPV once a month, and stat and title tracking... Just this little bit would add so much to the replayability factor...

I've been effectively doing this with a spreadsheet since UFC 2, but it shouldn't have to be this way...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2023, 09:15 AM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
This is the dream and, unfortunately, I feel like it still isn't happening. I don't even need or want that much, just give me a calendar, the ability to schedule a minor (Ie: Fight Night) and a PPV once a month, and stat and title tracking... Just this little bit would add so much to the replayability factor...

I've been effectively doing this with a spreadsheet since UFC 2, but it shouldn't have to be this way...
I would love a more in-depth mode where you had to generate hype for the events, negotiate with fighters, etc. I would play that probably for years. But would be perfectly happy with a glorified event mode that kept track of the titles and records.
Old 08-17-2023, 05:23 PM   #53
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331
100% agree. And lets set the AI and sliders to P1/CPU instead of Red/Blue corner. I do the same thing: do all my gameplay thru custom fight now with the good sliders and i fight out of the same corner every single time because i don't feel like flipping all the sliders just to be a blue corner fighter.
They actually used to be this way, but we had even more negative feedback because people who ran AI vs AI or couch vs couldn't change the sliders to match the fighter/player, since it would apply the same settings to both sides. Sadly this is a case of can't please everyone
Old 08-18-2023, 07:12 AM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
They actually used to be this way, but we had even more negative feedback because people who ran AI vs AI or couch vs couldn't change the sliders to match the fighter/player, since it would apply the same settings to both sides. Sadly this is a case of can't please everyone
Why can't there be a "user setting" and a "CPU setting?""

I dont understand why it needs to be global or tied to a corner, when other games don't have corners?

NBA2K has this. So does Madden.

It feels like a problem that's been solved by other sports titles already.

The logic would appear to be "if a controller is assigned, apply user setting. If a controller is not assigned, apply CPU setting."

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Last edited by TheRizzzle; 08-18-2023 at 07:16 AM.
Old 08-18-2023, 01:07 PM   #55
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
OK, makes sense. Had no clue there was a big community of UFC 4'ers that let AI have at it. If it isn't already an option in 5, would there be anyway to add a button to "flip" sliders from one corner to the other? If thats not possible, maybe adding number value like 0 right in the middle and neg numbers to the left/ positive numbers to the right vs trying to eyeball it?

Yeah, we'll always have something to b*t%h about. I was just really surprised by the decisions to remove full caf customization and giving us a pretty busted clinch game. Those 2 issues really killed the game for me. The customization, that is definitely belly aching. But the clinch issue is definitely a legit gripe. 9 out of 10 fights in real life always end up with some kind of clinch/arm fighting/position reversing etc up against the cage. It really felt like an entire aspect of the sport was missing. I use the analogy of it being like taking special teams out of a madden game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2023, 05:51 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
That makes sense, didn’t think about that. What about universal player and universal ai sliders to be used across all modes. Custom Fight Now used for corners as it is now for those situations. Am I wrong in thinking player vs. AI is far and away the most common way to play the offline modes?

Side question, how possible is the idea of being able to apply settings to each fighter individually? That would eliminate the need entirely but I’m not sure how attainable that would be. Like for example edit Max Holloway to where his AI has high strike frequency but his power is set lower. Or edit Derrick Lewis with low strike frequent but raise his power. Have it attached to the fighter so every time that fighter plays the same.

Last edited by sdpdude9; 08-18-2023 at 06:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »