Home

The Do's and Don't of OS

This is a discussion on The Do's and Don't of OS within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2016, 02:37 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: The Do's and Don't of OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinklime
You continue to jump onto threads and accuse everyone without understanding the entire context of the discussion. Please stop jumping the gun. It is not professional and I have let other parties know of the decisions you continue to make.
LOL keeps getting better and better in here

Old 05-19-2016, 02:43 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
LOL keeps getting better and better in here

One of the only reasons that I come in this forum. To see what's going in the rules threads.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:46 PM   #19
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
You continue to jump onto threads and accuse everyone without understanding the entire context of the discussion. Please stop jumping the gun. It is not professional and I have let other parties know of the decisions you continue to make.
Just so you know, you're violating the TOS with post like this.

Quote:
Administrators/Moderators/Other Staff
The staff on Operation Sports are here to help you enjoy sports gaming. We are here to make your time on these forums enjoyable, and to make it easy for you to find the information you need about all sports games. That being said, if one of us says something to you, take it to heart. Your response is not necessary. If you have a problem, PM the staff member or admin. Any public argument with any of the staff will result in your immediate banning. The staff is held accountable for their actions behind the scenes, and your opinion does matter. But a public argument does no good for any party involved.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-service.html

I strongly suggest that you move on from this topic at this time.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-20-2016, 09:27 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats not how it works here though. You cant say "Well I've made 3 other posts where I was being constructive and now I'm just going to be sarcastic and troll because I cant hold it in anymore."

You've stated here and in another thread that you could care less about forum politics (i.e. following the forums rules). In another thread you stated you dont care if you get banned. You are also tired of dissecting the games mechanics.

So if you cant be constructive anymore....its time to move on. Its simple as that. There are many of us who are many of us who care about discussing the game in a constructive manner and we would appreciate if people like you (who no longer want to discuss the game in a constructive manner) didnt troll or interfere with the discussion.
Again I've never once trolled, never said I did, or would, and never have.

I truly don't believe you understand what trolling is as none of my posts have even the slightest hint of troll in them. A troll is someone who says things simply to provoke a response without any real concern for the matters they discuss simply to get under the skin of whoever they're targeting.

I obviously care enough to post, I'm not trolling anyone, I'm stating my honest and true opinion(s) about the game and giving constructive criticism. In fact I'm trolled with "TLDR" type comments based on how much I dissect, how many words/lines/paragraphs I use to do so.

Being negative is unavoidable, especially when the game is so clearly imbalanced, being sarcastic is just my nature. I'm not going to salt everything like I'm speaking to grade school kids and worrying about the emotional impact my words may have. You're all adults, I'm 1 man, who's entitled to his opinion(s). And we all know on most if not all the topics I rant about I'm right, clinch is OP, ground is OP, its not realistic, it doesn't happen in UFC ever.

I honestly troll people with taunts in game and then finish them with ground or clinch just to prove my point.

I'm posing the question why did it ever make it in to the game in the first place? Do devs actually watch MMA, did they in the least research the sport, statistics and highlights and recaps could tell you fights don't end the moment they end up in the clinch or on the ground.

Saying I could care less about politics or if I get banned its reference to this thread which I felt partially if not entirely was aimed at me and some of my sarcasm within my constructive posts as well as comments I made towards EA Devs.

But the points I made were illuminated by comments like "They must not be fans of MMA". Because clearly, they have made a game where the results and outcome differ so far from what real MMA is that one has to come to the conclusion that they're not fans of MMA nor did they research it properly before releasing 2 MMA titles if these results are what they truly believe to be a representation of the sport and what takes place in the octagon.

Which has nothing to do with whether or not I am willing to make constructive posts, the only reason I'm posting anything but, is because you're targeting me, and I'm responding.

If I post something short and sweet, I'm told to bring constructive points behind it, if I dissect the game completely, I'm told I write too much, TLDR, and various comments about how long my post is.

So again, if you guys want to power trip and ban me because I don't put salt on my words, so be it. I don't get paid to analyze this game, I do it freely. The time it takes to write these posts alone is worth enough credit to say I'm not a troll. Trolls don't waste their time analyzing they say things to provoke responses and get under peoples skin with the sole intention of doing so, with out any intent of bringing anything constructive to the conversation, I am far from a troll.

And the insight and wisdom I give from being a MMA fan, gamer, and analytical person in general, are worth every word. And I'll give it the only way I know how regardless of threats. You ban me from your board you lose out on a constructive member, I save time, so be it.

The way I see it you're probably going to ban every constructive member regardless. You threaten everyone who attempts to post anyhting remotely constructive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
So we're in agreement.

Didn't know you were repeating yourself, but you are multi quoting the same post of mine...IDK what the purpose of this post is.

Again, no idea what the point of this post is. If you don't follow the politics, you won't be here long and since you said what you've already needed to say and meant it, it's a win-win for everyone.
Every fight ends in the clinch or on the ground, its ******** and everyone knows it. The only way to get a legit KO is to let your opponent stand after repeatedly being rocked in hopes that they'll stand before they recover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats not how it works here though. You cant say "Well I've made 3 other posts where I was being constructive and now I'm just going to be sarcastic and troll because I cant hold it in anymore."

You've stated here and in another thread that you could care less about forum politics (i.e. following the forums rules). In another thread you stated you dont care if you get banned. You are also tired of dissecting the games mechanics.

So if you cant be constructive anymore....its time to move on. Its simple as that. There are many of us who are many of us who care about discussing the game in a constructive manner and we would appreciate if people like you (who no longer want to discuss the game in a constructive manner) didnt troll or interfere with the discussion.
None of you care about discussing the game, not a single one of these threads discuss this game in any way that matters. I never said I refuse to discuss the game in a productive manner, You're the ones who're turning the discussion from productive to this.

I don't troll, or interfere with any discussions. I post my thoughts. This game is unbalanced. Its too easy to dominate from the clinch and on the ground. I've posted detailed descriptions and videos and I'll post more if you don't ban me. I don't need to discuss anything any more than I have and you can quote me out of context all you'd like. again I say what I mean and mean what I say.

Clinch is OP. Ground is OP. Anyone who plays knows it. Ban me.

I don't troll nor do I interfere with anything you're power tripping so be it. Ive posted multiple threads on here and EA forums discussing game mechanics that need to be adjusted. Refer to those I'm not going to re type everything that's already been stated.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:01 AM   #21
Banned

drinklime's Arena

I agree completely with Phenominal. I have struggled with the same issues that he has, especially concerning the transition to OS. Some mods are better than others; just as some devs are better than others. There is nothing wrong with this; it's simply human nature.

We are at a crossroads. I was the biggest supporter of EA UFC 1 when it came out. The game was lacking, but it was an excellent base. Unfortunately, the community immediately began to criticize the game without learning how to play. This led to months of kneejerk reactions from the dev team, adjusting any and everything in a feeble attempt to appease the THQ crowd that received special treatment from the staff at THQ. This led them to have a distorted view of the game that unfairly biased them against EA. That meant that no matter what the devs did, the THQ squad would bash the game at every turn, calling the game "crap", threatening the devs, threatening members with bans, etc. The community turned extremely toxic.

I won't go into ancient history, but it was around that time I was labelled a "troll" by the same squad of THQ wannabes. It was sad. Even other members had their name dragged through the mud and were accused to being me, when they weren't.

Fast forward to 2016. EA UFC 2 was released with a plethora of problems and truly bizarre design decisions. So we tried to speak up but were immediately shut down by the EA mods. A war ensued and EA ended up shutting down the forums.

Now we are here, trying our best to turn the tide of a game that once had potential but is now swirling in the depths of the bargain bin. This leaves this mods in a precarious position; They have to provide a forum for the developers while shielding them from deserved criticism. The problem starts when the criticism is labeled as "trolling" when in fact the criticism is valid and needed.

It is clear that the current EA studio working on EA UFC 2 do not know very much about MMA. Madden doesn't ask the fans to submit animated gifs of football players so they can find out how to implement their roster. Give us a break guys. Some things that EA is currently doing are unacceptable. For the mods to expect the community not to call out the devs on it is shortsighted and irresponsible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 10:48 AM   #22
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal01
Again I've never once trolled, never said I did, or would, and never have.

I truly don't believe you understand what trolling is as none of my posts have even the slightest hint of troll in them. A troll is someone who says things simply to provoke a response without any real concern for the matters they discuss simply to get under the skin of whoever they're targeting.

I obviously care enough to post, I'm not trolling anyone, I'm stating my honest and true opinion(s) about the game and giving constructive criticism. In fact I'm trolled with "TLDR" type comments based on how much I dissect, how many words/lines/paragraphs I use to do so.

Being negative is unavoidable, especially when the game is so clearly imbalanced, being sarcastic is just my nature. I'm not going to salt everything like I'm speaking to grade school kids and worrying about the emotional impact my words may have. You're all adults, I'm 1 man, who's entitled to his opinion(s). And we all know on most if not all the topics I rant about I'm right, clinch is OP, ground is OP, its not realistic, it doesn't happen in UFC ever.

I honestly troll people with taunts in game and then finish them with ground or clinch just to prove my point.

I'm posing the question why did it ever make it in to the game in the first place? Do devs actually watch MMA, did they in the least research the sport, statistics and highlights and recaps could tell you fights don't end the moment they end up in the clinch or on the ground.

Saying I could care less about politics or if I get banned its reference to this thread which I felt partially if not entirely was aimed at me and some of my sarcasm within my constructive posts as well as comments I made towards EA Devs.

But the points I made were illuminated by comments like "They must not be fans of MMA". Because clearly, they have made a game where the results and outcome differ so far from what real MMA is that one has to come to the conclusion that they're not fans of MMA nor did they research it properly before releasing 2 MMA titles if these results are what they truly believe to be a representation of the sport and what takes place in the octagon.

Which has nothing to do with whether or not I am willing to make constructive posts, the only reason I'm posting anything but, is because you're targeting me, and I'm responding.

If I post something short and sweet, I'm told to bring constructive points behind it, if I dissect the game completely, I'm told I write too much, TLDR, and various comments about how long my post is.

So again, if you guys want to power trip and ban me because I don't put salt on my words, so be it. I don't get paid to analyze this game, I do it freely. The time it takes to write these posts alone is worth enough credit to say I'm not a troll. Trolls don't waste their time analyzing they say things to provoke responses and get under peoples skin with the sole intention of doing so, with out any intent of bringing anything constructive to the conversation, I am far from a troll.

And the insight and wisdom I give from being a MMA fan, gamer, and analytical person in general, are worth every word. And I'll give it the only way I know how regardless of threats. You ban me from your board you lose out on a constructive member, I save time, so be it.

The way I see it you're probably going to ban every constructive member regardless. You threaten everyone who attempts to post anyhting remotely constructive.

Every fight ends in the clinch or on the ground, its ******** and everyone knows it. The only way to get a legit KO is to let your opponent stand after repeatedly being rocked in hopes that they'll stand before they recover.

None of you care about discussing the game, not a single one of these threads discuss this game in any way that matters. I never said I refuse to discuss the game in a productive manner, You're the ones who're turning the discussion from productive to this.

I don't troll, or interfere with any discussions. I post my thoughts. This game is unbalanced. Its too easy to dominate from the clinch and on the ground. I've posted detailed descriptions and videos and I'll post more if you don't ban me. I don't need to discuss anything any more than I have and you can quote me out of context all you'd like. again I say what I mean and mean what I say.

Clinch is OP. Ground is OP. Anyone who plays knows it. Ban me.

I don't troll nor do I interfere with anything you're power tripping so be it. Ive posted multiple threads on here and EA forums discussing game mechanics that need to be adjusted. Refer to those I'm not going to re type everything that's already been stated.
Sorry, but no one here is on a power trip and you don't get to play the victim here. Your first post in this thread wasn't constructive, you got called out on it and have been in defensive mode ever since. Going through your post history, saying things like "This game is a joke" or "This game is so broken its ridiculous." or "try patching gameplay" alone without anything to back it up is negative and none constructive.

With that said, not all of your post have been negative and you do have provided some good feedback in plenty of your posts. In the future, if you posted more like that, then you will be fine here.

Quote:
I agree completely with Phenominal. I have struggled with the same issues that he has, especially concerning the transition to OS. Some mods are better than others; just as some devs are better than others. There is nothing wrong with this; it's simply human nature.

We are at a crossroads. I was the biggest supporter of EA UFC 1 when it came out. The game was lacking, but it was an excellent base. Unfortunately, the community immediately began to criticize the game without learning how to play. This led to months of kneejerk reactions from the dev team, adjusting any and everything in a feeble attempt to appease the THQ crowd that received special treatment from the staff at THQ. This led them to have a distorted view of the game that unfairly biased them against EA. That meant that no matter what the devs did, the THQ squad would bash the game at every turn, calling the game "crap", threatening the devs, threatening members with bans, etc. The community turned extremely toxic.

I won't go into ancient history, but it was around that time I was labelled a "troll" by the same squad of THQ wannabes. It was sad. Even other members had their name dragged through the mud and were accused to being me, when they weren't.

Fast forward to 2016. EA UFC 2 was released with a plethora of problems and truly bizarre design decisions. So we tried to speak up but were immediately shut down by the EA mods. A war ensued and EA ended up shutting down the forums.

That's not what happened there and you know that. With that said this thread isn't about what happened on the EA forums, so let's keep it on the Do's and Don't of OS.

Now we are here, trying our best to turn the tide of a game that once had potential but is now swirling in the depths of the bargain bin. This leaves this mods in a precarious position; They have to provide a forum for the developers while shielding them from deserved criticism. The problem starts when the criticism is labeled as "trolling" when in fact the criticism is valid and needed.

Give me an example of this happening.

It is clear that the current EA studio working on EA UFC 2 do not know very much about MMA. Madden doesn't ask the fans to submit animated gifs of football players so they can find out how to implement their roster. Give us a break guys. Some things that EA is currently doing are unacceptable. For the mods to expect the community not to call out the devs on it is shortsighted and irresponsible.

Devs from pretty much all sports games have came here with request to help with their games. It could be help with a playbook or stadiums sounds, or whatever. Feedback from community is a good thing.
Responses in red

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-20-2016, 11:25 AM   #23
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

I would like to add that the devs don't have to interact with us at all. They could simply read the feedback and implement their own ideas still. Where were the devs for Undisputed? I was there from 2010 and up and only seen maybe one or two dev posts. We could barely get the admins to respond to us.

We have dev interaction with these games. That is something I would like to keep. Like I said, they have no obligation to come on forums and interact with the players. They choose to. That should never be forgotten.

The devs want to make the best game possible as well. Why wouldn't they?
Old 05-20-2016, 11:35 AM   #24
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

Wow, I'm literally at a loss for words. To see two of the biggest trolls in this community play the victim role, we'll, it's actually quite funny.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »