Home

The Do's and Don't of OS

This is a discussion on The Do's and Don't of OS within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2016, 11:39 AM   #25
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: The Do's and Don't of OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinklime
I agree completely with Phenominal. I have struggled with the same issues that he has, especially concerning the transition to OS. Some mods are better than others; just as some devs are better than others. There is nothing wrong with this; it's simply human nature.

We are at a crossroads. I was the biggest supporter of EA UFC 1 when it came out. The game was lacking, but it was an excellent base. Unfortunately, the community immediately began to criticize the game without learning how to play. This led to months of kneejerk reactions from the dev team, adjusting any and everything in a feeble attempt to appease the THQ crowd that received special treatment from the staff at THQ. This led them to have a distorted view of the game that unfairly biased them against EA. That meant that no matter what the devs did, the THQ squad would bash the game at every turn, calling the game "crap", threatening the devs, threatening members with bans, etc. The community turned extremely toxic.

I won't go into ancient history, but it was around that time I was labelled a "troll" by the same squad of THQ wannabes. It was sad. Even other members had their name dragged through the mud and were accused to being me, when they weren't.

Fast forward to 2016. EA UFC 2 was released with a plethora of problems and truly bizarre design decisions. So we tried to speak up but were immediately shut down by the EA mods. A war ensued and EA ended up shutting down the forums.

Now we are here, trying our best to turn the tide of a game that once had potential but is now swirling in the depths of the bargain bin. This leaves this mods in a precarious position; They have to provide a forum for the developers while shielding them from deserved criticism. The problem starts when the criticism is labeled as "trolling" when in fact the criticism is valid and needed.

It is clear that the current EA studio working on EA UFC 2 do not know very much about MMA. Madden doesn't ask the fans to submit animated gifs of football players so they can find out how to implement their roster. Give us a break guys. Some things that EA is currently doing are unacceptable. For the mods to expect the community not to call out the devs on it is shortsighted and irresponsible.
Yeah thats completely untrue. An example of that is SUGATA. Everyone of his posts is constructive criticism of the game and the game's mechanics. There are several threads where he has directly criticized the game to GPD.

Has he been banned? No. Has he been warned? No.

Why because he does it the correct way. He doesnt rely on assumptions. He doesnt get snarky or sarcastic. He states his point. GPD counters. He counters. They usually agree to disagree.

OS expects people to talk to the devs how they would if they saw them in real life. Most of you wouldnt say half of the stuff you say about the game here if you were having a convo with them face to face. Its that simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 11:41 AM   #26
Banned

drinklime's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
I would like to add that the devs don't have to interact with us at all. They could simply read the feedback and implement their own ideas still. Where were the devs for Undisputed? I was there from 2010 and up and only seen maybe one or two dev posts. We could barely get the admins to respond to us.

We have dev interaction with these games. That is something I would like to keep. Like I said, they have no obligation to come on forums and interact with the players. They choose to. That should never be forgotten.

The devs want to make the best game possible as well. Why wouldn't they?
It resulted in a better game when Yukes worked by themselves in Japan. 2009 was the best MMA game we ever had and it had ZERO input from the community.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:51 AM   #27
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinklime
It resulted in a better game when Yukes worked by themselves in Japan. 2009 was the best MMA game we ever had and it had ZERO input from the community.
I dont agree that 2009 was the best game that we ever had and I dont agree that zero or limited input from the community is a good idea. It actually runs counter to how pretty much every business runs.

They all use social media, surveys, forums, focus groups etc. to get ideas on how to make their products better. The corporation I work for does and so does pretty much every other business.

EA didnt take much input from the community when it released UFC 1 and at release it was a mess (I know you feel that it was the "most realistic game MMA ever").

What I dont get is I've seen you complain and like posts that complain about things like movesets which the GCers and the community currently have little to no input on. It seems contradictory that you would suggest input for something like movesets but encourage isolation for other aspects of the game.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:07 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
I would like to add that the devs don't have to interact with us at all. They could simply read the feedback and implement their own ideas still. Where were the devs for Undisputed? I was there from 2010 and up and only seen maybe one or two dev posts. We could barely get the admins to respond to us.

We have dev interaction with these games. That is something I would like to keep. Like I said, they have no obligation to come on forums and interact with the players. They choose to. That should never be forgotten.

The devs want to make the best game possible as well. Why wouldn't they?

This x10000000000000...If I was anyone working on this game anywhere from the marketing to making the game, I wouldn't interact with this community at all. It's a disgrace.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:13 PM   #29
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

JRed529 - Banned 24 hours for calling other users 'trolls'.

Phenomenal01 - A quick statement in regards to how you post:

Your opinion is valued. You are more than allowed to not like the game and think there are issues. But you have to post your thoughts with respect to other members and in a constructive way.

'The game is garbage' is not constructive.

'I don't like the game because the clinch game is OP because of x, y and z' is, as long as you don't post it in every thread you see and it is relevant to the conversation.

You weren't banned because I can see that you have good information, you just need to find the correct voice to use it here and I give everyone a chance or two to do that. I'm hoping you understand what I mean, but if you'd like to discuss it further please feel free to PM me and I will discuss (civilly) the best way to make your voice heard and not ignored here.

Everyone else - This is OS. I've stated it multiple times - we have rules. I've been courteous, but the good will given is very close to being taken away. I've also stated that I want everyone to have a voice. I BADLY want everyone to have their voice heard because video games are better when many people get their ideas to the people that matter. That being said no one hears anyone in the 'Wild West', so that atmosphere will no longer be allowed.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

Last edited by Millennium; 05-20-2016 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:25 PM   #30
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

I've never seen anything like this. We may need a third party to intervene, just to show impartiality. I don't want OS to shut down like EA did.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:36 PM   #31
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
I've never seen anything like this. We may need a third party to intervene, just to show impartiality. I don't want OS to shut down like EA did.
It wont. This site has seen worse than this and the bans always lead to a better forum. Hopefully when some of the people come back from bans they will learn how to post here. If not, they will get banned again.

I also hope thats not a hint that some of the people who were banned will attempt to do what they were accused of doing at the EA forums.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2016, 01:54 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
It wont. This site has seen worse than this and the bans always lead to a better forum. Hopefully when some of the people come back from bans they will learn how to post here. If not, they will get banned again.

I also hope thats not a hint that some of the people who were banned will attempt to do what they were accused of doing at the EA forums.

Exactly...I have seen much worse than this in my time here. Specifically in another subforum. My going to mention which one but I have talked with a mod about it before. The mod agreed with me completely on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »