Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Game Update 1.06 & Content Update #3 Available Now - Details Here

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Game Update 1.06 & Content Update #3 Available Now - Details Here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2016, 04:07 PM   #273
Banned

GUCCI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Game Update 1.06 & Content Update #3 Available Now - Details Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Hooks should be level 4 or level 5. Hell any heavy striker should have punches and kicks at level 4 or level 5.
I agree but not only the level. They are weak if you compare it to a jab or straight. They need to increase the damage (power) for landing hooks like they did for GnP.

If you compare the power of strikes on the ground and the stand up its very unbalanced. The stand up is too weak.

Last edited by GUCCI; 05-13-2016 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:06 PM   #274
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Game Update 1.06 & Content Update #3 Available Now - Details Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCI
For the next patch or hotfix please increase power and range of the hooks it feels weak imo. Its been nerfed too much if you compare it with ea ufc 1 hooks and thats why everyone use L1 strikes.
they really need some sort of 'lunging hook' so you can gain some ground while going for the strike. Right now one of the only ways to gain ground with a punch = body punches...which is...not very realistic lol

I want that Joe Frazier Leaping Left Hook (I know that's boxing, but hopefully you know what I mean...there are short, tight, powerful hooks for in the pocket; but there are also hooks that are meant to find a little range at the same time)

FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 05-13-2016, 05:08 PM   #275
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
they really need some sort of 'lunging hook' so you can gain some ground while going for the strike. Right now one of the only ways to gain ground with a punch = body punches...which is...not very realistic lol

I want that Joe Frazier Leaping Left Hook (I know that's boxing, but hopefully you know what I mean)

I always try to Dash foward when I hook or throw anything but it does not work to well and ppl always counter with rapid punches to the body.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2016, 05:10 PM   #276
Banned

drinklime's Arena

You should be able to lunge with any left handed strike, since you need to take the weight off the foot to pivot. Instead of pivoting, you can step forward and cover distance while throwing the hook.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:23 PM   #277
MVP

OVR: 1

One observation that isn't new to the patch but I didn't know what thread it'd fit in better and I didn't think it was worthy of its own.

As someone who has played quite a bit of online and a good bit of offline it's striking how different the AI handles the ground game as opposed to a human opponent. The AI isn't necessarily worse; it focuses on denying transitions and slowly getting into a good position and striking to build GA. Him opponents tend to attempt transitions far more often and you end up with way more 'transition races' as you try to compete yours before they can complete theirs. I think the AI 'knows' (which a human thinking fast enough could, in theory, figure out) when a transition is hopeless compared to what you are doing and either goes for the block or doesn't do anything.

Again, not saying one is worse than the other or harder to play against, it's just very noticeable how different they are.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:54 PM   #278
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

I know there's some ppl who hate this idea, but just make the AI on pro so hard and almost impossible to beat. I know, I know... but I rather have it dead hard, then to have nothing but easy wins for every fight.

If I want to win easy I play on easy. Give the pro difficulty some meat and make the AI just dead tough and I know I will be playing more and trying to beat a OP computer AI then to just watch it not get played by me right now.

Just my thoughts ppl...
Old 05-13-2016, 10:58 PM   #279
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Agreed. If you play Mlb the Show on Legend difficulty ( the hardest) it's insanely unforgiving. How it should be....
Old 05-13-2016, 11:09 PM   #280
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I know there's some ppl who hate this idea, but just make the AI on pro so hard and almost impossible to beat. I know, I know... but I rather have it dead hard, then to have nothing but easy wins for every fight.

If I want to win easy I play on easy. Give the pro difficulty some meat and make the AI just dead tough and I know I will be playing more and trying to beat a OP computer AI then to just watch it not get played by me right now.

Just my thoughts ppl...
I think thats what Skynet is going to eventually do. Some of the changes in the next patch should get it close to that.

I was telling him that what I think what people want is the diffculty of pro in UFC 1 without the constant parrying. If the AI uses its defensive high block more, I think it will be pretty tough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »