Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Game Update 1.06 & Content Update #3 Available Now - Details Here

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Game Update 1.06 & Content Update #3 Available Now - Details Here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2016, 05:09 PM   #297
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Game Update 1.06 & Content Update #3 Available Now - Details Here

Please tell me WHY Mistimed High parry cancel Block auto activation, but Low parry does not?
Again i dont think this cancel needed, Parry becomes nearly useless in this game = high risk/low reward.
So why we need them then?
Old 05-15-2016, 05:13 PM   #298
Banned

Tyler_1873's Arena

Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Game Update 1.06 & Content Update #3 Available Now - Details Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Please tell me WHY Mistimed High parry cancel Block auto activation, but Low parry does not?
Again i dont think this cancel needed, Parry becomes nearly useless in this game = high risk/low reward.
So why we need them then?
Parrying is the most effective counterstriking tool in the game. Still far stronger than a slip or lunge counter.

Just because it has a bigger penalty for making a mistake doesn't make it useless.
Old 05-15-2016, 05:19 PM   #299
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_1873
Parrying is the most effective counterstriking tool in the game. Still far stronger than a slip or lunge counter.

Just because it has a bigger penalty for making a mistake doesn't make it useless.
Why do you think this is the most effective?
Old 05-15-2016, 05:26 PM   #300
Banned

Tyler_1873's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Why do you think this is the most effective?
It is the easiest to perform and you get the most damage from this counter

Also you have the perks 'counter puncher and crazy legs' which can add up to 25% better chance of a stun or wobble.

You get these perks with slip counters too, but a parry is a million times easier.
Old 05-15-2016, 05:35 PM   #301
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
It is the easiest to perform and you get the most damage from this counter

Also you have the perks 'counter puncher and crazy legs' which can add up to 25% better chance of a stun or wobble.

You get these perks with slip counters too, but a parry is a million times easier.

Parry has 100% the same dmg bonus that Sway/Dodge (just go to practice and test it check color health)
Parry has shorter counter window (2 sec) than Sway/Dodge (3 sec) - i.e. you have more time to hit and get dmg bonus
Parry never deal with both high and low levels at the same time - Sway/Dodge can
Parry require more right timing - harder to success
Parry (high) cancel your auto block
(?) I dont know do i get increased damage when failing (mistimed/wrong level)with parry

The ONLY pros for parry which i see is that successful parry is stopping opponent's combo in any moment. yes, this is the only advantage of parry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2016, 05:38 PM   #302
Banned

Tyler_1873's Arena

A parry stops incoming strikes, a sway does not. Making the extra counter window useless.

Every top player I play against prefers the parry over the slip. It's unarguably the best counter option.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:48 PM   #303
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
A parry stops incoming strikes, a sway does not. Making the extra counter window useless.

Every top player I play against prefers the parry over the slip. It's unarguably the best counter option.
I agree w u in some points, but disagree that sways/dodge are less usable - they just requires special conditions to success as i see:

WHEN to Parry:
1. Perform Parry [as soon as possible – at the beginning of his series] - to stop his series and launch Counter strike
2. Perform parry [at the 100% predicted by time/level his strike] - to stop his strike and launch Counter strike.

WHEN to Sway/Dodge:
1. Perform Sway/Dodge [at the last his Strikes, w/o risk of incoming follow up strike] – to be possible to launch my Counter strike immediately after Sway/Dodge success.
2. Perform Sway/Dodge [at those his predicted Strike/Series, which allows me to land my Counter strike guaranteed w/o getting hit during its execution] – to possibly crush his follow up strike (cause FBHR) and then launch Counter strike.

Parry’s advantage over Sway/Dodge: Parry stops incoming Strike (and stops strike series), Sway/Dodge does not > After successful Parry I can immediately launch my Counter strike in my CW; After successful Sway/Dodge I need to wait for opening between his strikes to launch my Counter strike and still in CW!

Sway/Dodge’s advantage over Parry: Sway/Dodge is a tool against Mix-ups (high-low)!

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-15-2016 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:37 PM   #304
Rookie

I just started to play online since the game caters to it more than offline, and i have to admit its very fun and didnt even know their was online championship fights and such, though the judges in this game are completely stupid and sometimes their is weird glitches that stop you from moving on the ground that causes you to lose matches in ranked, i recommend some of you offliners get on it.

Sevcrane out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »