Home

Can we have denials that actually work consistently ?

This is a discussion on Can we have denials that actually work consistently ? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2016, 12:28 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Can we have denials that actually work consistently ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
I don't know what you would want them to do other than have dedicated servers, and I highly doubt that's happening.

1 thing would help stop allowing us to fight anyone on the planet. from the coding it looks like it has a 1000ms max ping and thats just too much should be lowered in line with COD -800ms max

im est US and 9 out of 10 games im playing russians , aussies, Brits, and a couple other languages i dont recognize from maybe india.

EVEN MLG Gamebattles wont allow EU to play in the same Ladders as US (to remove latency that can make the game unplayable and ensure the best game play available )
in fact if your caught cheating (out of region) you'll be banned. WHY?? the game dont work right at that distance. you cant kill your bullets wont register

JUST LIKE UFC 2
Old 06-24-2016, 12:05 AM   #10
Banned

I gues the denials only register BEFORE the animation or they dont count

so basically denying what you see is coming is not allowed because of "the window" and preemptive removals.

the reason preemptive moves are good is because latency becomes a non factor

then its up to the 2 fighters to fake each other out. out here its see him going to side mount defend instantly = vibrating controller
Old 06-24-2016, 12:46 AM   #11
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robalboa
I gues the denials only register BEFORE the animation or they dont count

so basically denying what you see is coming is not allowed because of "the window" and preemptive removals.

the reason preemptive moves are good is because latency becomes a non factor

then its up to the 2 fighters to fake each other out. out here its see him going to side mount defend instantly = vibrating controller
I don't think you can deny before animation. Many moons ago my bff GPD said no preemptive denials. (I could be misremembering though it wouldn't be the 14 time)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 01:05 AM   #12
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Transitions can be denied with a combination of reaction and catching onto your opponents patterns.

If it were purely based on reaction, it would be easy and it wouldn't be a chess match.

What seperates a good experienced grappler from an average/mediocre grappler in real life is that the good grappler is always one step ahead in his mind. He knows what the average grappler is going to do before he does it, because he has been in that position many times. The same can be said about the grappling in thise game.

Having a general idea of what your opponent next move will be and when is very important.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:35 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
Transitions can be denied with a combination of reaction and catching onto your opponents patterns.

If it were purely based on reaction, it would be easy and it wouldn't be a chess match.

What seperates a good experienced grappler from an average/mediocre grappler in real life is that the good grappler is always one step ahead in his mind. He knows what the average grappler is going to do before he does it, because he has been in that position many times. The same can be said about the grappling in thise game.

Having a general idea of what your opponent next move will be and when is very important.

So, if I have my opponents patterns down, why can't I pre-deny instead of having to hope my transition went through on time with latency? I don't understand why this was taken out. BTW, good job whooping my tail the other night. You had Guida and I had Pettis and I sent you a message after the fight. I got slammed. lol.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:14 AM   #14
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
So, if I have my opponents patterns down, why can't I pre-deny instead of having to hope my transition went through on time with latency? I don't understand why this was taken out. BTW, good job whooping my tail the other night. You had Guida and I had Pettis and I sent you a message after the fight. I got slammed. lol.
Because pre emptively denying takes timing completely out of the equation.

Its important to know their timing pattern as well as their pattern in regards to where they are going.

If you could pre emptively deny, no one would ever get mounted or Kumura'd from side control. Then people would just become masters at arm trapping from crucifix and side saddle.

I remember that fight, J was streaming and somebody asked me to use Guida, lol.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:12 AM   #15
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
Because pre emptively denying takes timing completely out of the equation.

Its important to know their timing pattern as well as their pattern in regards to where they are going.

If you could pre emptively deny, no one would ever get mounted or Kumura'd from side control. Then people would just become masters at arm trapping from crucifix and side saddle.

I remember that fight, J was streaming and somebody asked me to use Guida, lol.

It's funny cause Z and I are scared to transition on the ground for fear of being reversed / blocked easily and losing GA.

I think you guys just need to be faster and understand the mechanics. Sometimes on the ground you can re-actively block transitions; Half-guard bottom, defending dominant player's mount / side control transition would be an example. These transitions leave you enough time to see the transition indicator and process which way to block and block it on time.

An example of a 'instinctive' deny would be in sprawl and in order to get the reverse guillotine / stop the stand-up you have to instantly flick up in order to hit the deny. As soon as you see them twitch, you have to flick a direction and not allow yourself enough time to process which way to block. *This is where 95% of reversals come from in high level play*

Note - Stat differentials / Stamina tax / GA play a roll in all of this. There are many variables in the game which prevents the 'skill cap' from reaching a ceiling.

Patterns mean A LOT in this game.

Last edited by Kenetic NRG; 06-24-2016 at 05:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 10:22 AM   #16
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I definitely agree that pre-emptive denies, learning your opponent's patterns, etc, is KEY to being a top notch fighter in this game

That said, I definitely won't pretend that denial lag isn't a real thing and a real problem. I also believe that 'pre-emptive deny' spam is a bit of a problem.

It's a case-by-case basis, and depends a lot on the different positions, etc

But IMO, overall, there doesn't seem to be enough of a penalty for 'missing' denials (i.e going for a denial; even when opponent didn't try to transition).

Also, STAMINA needs to play a much larger role in success/failure of denials

(especially takedowns from standing!)

But overall, much better than we had in UFC 1, no doubt!
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 06-24-2016 at 10:26 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »