Home

Bans Incoming

This is a discussion on Bans Incoming within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2016, 09:42 AM   #9
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Bans Incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Clarke1
I understand where you are coming from; however, when there is blame to dole out usually we need to hold onto some ourselves.

What do I mean?

You said "I leave the forums for 1 month"... knowing the history of the EA forums and some of the people that have come over from those forums... I understand how things can head south with little/no oversight over the last month.

I was once on a conference call and the director of sales was saying very similar things to what you have expressed in your post... While we all admitted that we owned some of these results.... our focus became "Hey, he is blaming us but he did not own any of the responsibility himself".

I could be WAY off but that could be the case here. I hope I have not contributed to your dissapointch (Renato Laranja reference for some levity).
I apologize if I thought people could act like adults after giving them constant direction and multiple threads in this forum (two of which are stuck at the top).

I'm not a baby sitter and I've given more than enough leniency. So no - I'm not taking blame here and you are off base.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 09-14-2016, 09:49 AM   #10
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I think you are waaay off. In the month he was gone, other mods were in here trying to "maintain order" (for lack of a better phrase). Me personally, I don't like banning people until "forced" to do so. I will say I dropped the ball in not enforcing things as much as I should've and that most likely led to guys that were tip toeing the line to completely cross it. In my opinion, this is more of guys being given chance after chance and warning and warning and still, in the end, doing what they want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-14-2016, 10:09 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I apologize if I thought people could act like adults after giving them constant direction and multiple threads in this forum (two of which are stuck at the top).

I'm not a baby sitter and I've given more than enough leniency. So no - I'm not taking blame here and you are off base.

I can feel your frustration through your post... and you probably have very valid reasons for feeling that way.

I will just point out that what you are experiencing is something many leader go through. You have sent your instructions multiple times, via multiple vehicles... your word should be followed by behavior that is in accordance with those words...

It almost never works that way as you have learned. You always need to monitor and monitor those you have put in place to monitor. Trust but verify.

I am writing this not to argue with you but maybe help turn this apparent negative into something somewhat positive.

I guarantee you will make changes the next time you need to be away for an extended period of time... and that is a good thing. You are developing as a leader/organizer.

And I am not suggesting that you take ALL of the blame... but whether or not you accept it you do own SOME of what has happened. You are the leader. You are responsible. Its just is what it is.

Last edited by King_Clarke1; 09-14-2016 at 10:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 10:28 AM   #12
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
I can feel your frustration through your post... and you probably have very valid reasons for feeling that way.

I will just point out that what you are experiencing is something many leader go through. You have sent your instructions multiple times, via multiple vehicles... your word should be followed by behavior that is inline with them...

It almost never works that way as you have learned. You always need to monitor and monitor those you have put in place to monitor. Trust but verify.

I am writing this not to argue with you but maybe help turn this apparent negative into something somewhat positive.

I guarantee you will make changes the next time you need to be away for an extended period of time... and that is a good thing. You are developing as a leader/organizer.
I didn't need to be away - that is the misconception here.

I'm the forum admin. I have a team of moderators. I spent a sufficient amount of time acclimating the "EA Forums" crowd to this site. I even went as far to bring back multiple members from bans (which are permanent by default here, and have been for years). The tools were there.

I understand what you are attempting to do, I'm just not sure your approach and/or your point is valid, and your analogy is off base. No one here works for me. Users definitely don't. They are expected to act civil and mature. That doesn't happen and they're gone, which is what has happened in this case.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 09-14-2016, 01:01 PM   #13

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

I will just point out that what you are experiencing is something many leader go through. You have sent your instructions multiple times, via multiple vehicles... your word should be followed by behavior that is in accordance with those words...

And I am not suggesting that you take ALL of the blame... but whether or not you accept it you do own SOME of what has happened. You are the leader. You are responsible. Its just is what it is.

Speed limits exist and are expected to be followed whether a cop is around or not.

If you drive the same road everyday for a month going 15 mph over the speed limit you're still going to get a ticket on that 31st day when the cop decided to patrol.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:23 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Speed limits exist and are expected to be followed whether a cop is around or not.

If you drive the same road everyday for a month going 15 mph over the speed limit you're still going to get a ticket on that 31st day when the cop decided to patrol.
Ahhhh... great point.

I have friends that are police officers and this is true..

HOWEVER...

Do you know the difference with them and what we are seeing here? When they have not had a presence on a given street or highway for a certain period of time... THEY KNOW that there will be speeders caught within the first hour of monitoring.

They literally have meetings and discuss what needs to be focused on and where they have and have not had a presence. They know that if they are not there to observe... things will get crazy after a while.

I do not want to give you the impression that I am being argumentative. Just driving home a point.

Last edited by King_Clarke1; 09-15-2016 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:25 PM   #15
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Ahhhh... great point.

HOWEVER...

Do you know the difference with them and what we are seeing here? When they have not had a presence on a given street or highway for a certain period of time. THEY KNOW that there will be speeders caught within the first hour of monitoring.

They literally have meetings and discuss what needs to be focused on and where they have and have not had a presence. They know that if they are not there to observe... things will get crazy after a while.

I do not want to give you the impression that I am being argumentative. Just driving home a point.
And the point you are driving home is an attempt (purposefully or not) to minimize the actions of users on this forum due to "mommy and daddy aren't watching'.

That doesn't fly with me. There are more than enough indicators of what to do around here.

And you are insinuating that me leaving and coming back was somehow premeditated so that I can ban people who don't act accordingly. That's extremely disconcerting if that is what you are attempting to say.

Enough good users have been chased from this forum.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

Last edited by Millennium; 09-14-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 02:08 PM   #16

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Ahhhh... great point.

HOWEVER...

Do you know the difference with them and what we are seeing here? When they have not had a presence on a given street or highway for a certain period of time. THEY KNOW that there will be speeders caught within the first hour of monitoring.

The difference with that and "what we are seeing here" is we don't want to come back and have to ban people.

I know it's a common assumption that mods on websites like to ban people but that's just not the case and most have been given MULTIPLE opportunities.

Going back to "a speed limit is still a speed limit" our rule are still and will always be our rules.

We expect adults are going to adult regardless of a moderation presence.

There is zero excuse you can make for an Internet forum.

Behavior is something static and there are no variables that matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »