Home

If anyone wants to see a tiny clip of gameplay

This is a discussion on If anyone wants to see a tiny clip of gameplay within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2017, 09:51 AM   #89
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: If anyone wants to see a tiny clip of gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
So... will we be receiving this 6000 word dissertation by GPD today?
No, next week.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:42 AM   #90
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGOne

This was never about me knowing the "exact" number of EAs budget sparky. This was about me voicing my concerns and criticizing EA by claiming their budget is "bigger" than their "competition". You told me how do you know that, i told you "common sense" and "logic" because of those specific reasons. I told you larger company, bigger revenue by probability means a bigger budget. I mean you don't have to be a rocket scientist to even come to that conclusion.

Nonsense and whats sad is the more you talk the worse your original statement looks. According to that statement above:

Larger company + bigger revenue = a bigger budget. This is what you said.

So EA is valued a 22 billion dollars. 2k is valued at 3 billion. EA's yearly revenue is likely higher than 2ks as a company. So under YOUR theory, that means that EA UFC's (At best EA's 6-7th highest game behind Battlefield, Star Wars, Madden, Fifa, Mass Effect) budget is higher than 2k's biggest game (Grand Theft Auto).

Using your "logic", you think that simply because a company makes more revenue than another company that it gives big budgets to EVERY game under its control. Anyone with a sliver of knowledge about business or the gaming industry knows thats wrong. Simply because a company is bigger that doesnt mean that it gives large budgets to every game it creates.

This isnt a strawman argument. YOU MADE A DUMB STATEMENT and thats OK. It is. I have been on this board for a long time and have a bunch of them. But you are mad because I asked a simple question in response to a dumb statement and you responded with another dumb statement.

It is what it is. Kenetic felt comfortable with answering your grappling questions and thats cool. Kenetic's a good guy and I'm glad you got your answers. Doesnt take away the fact that your budget statement is still dumb and not supported by any "facts" other than your silly *** statement above.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:26 PM   #91
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Nonsense and whats sad is the more you talk the worse your original statement looks. According to that statement above:

Larger company + bigger revenue = a bigger budget. This is what you said.

So EA is valued a 22 billion dollars. 2k is valued at 3 billion. EA's yearly revenue is likely higher than 2ks as a company. So under YOUR theory, that means that EA UFC's (At best EA's 6-7th highest game behind Battlefield, Star Wars, Madden, Fifa, Mass Effect) budget is higher than 2k's biggest game (Grand Theft Auto).

Using your "logic", you think that simply because a company makes more revenue than another company that it gives big budgets to EVERY game under its control. Anyone with a sliver of knowledge about business or the gaming industry knows thats wrong. Simply because a company is bigger that doesnt mean that it gives large budgets to every game it creates.

This isnt a strawman argument. YOU MADE A DUMB STATEMENT and thats OK. It is. I have been on this board for a long time and have a bunch of them. But you are mad because I asked a simple question in response to a dumb statement and you responded with another dumb statement.

It is what it is. Kenetic felt comfortable with answering your grappling questions and thats cool. Kenetic's a good guy and I'm glad you got your answers. Doesnt take away the fact that your budget statement is still dumb and not supported by any "facts" other than your silly *** statement above.
LMAO here we go again with cherry picking and distortion of someones position. Now if this is not strawman argument (according to you), then the word is quite frankly non-existant.

Before you throwing poop at someones statement for being "dumb", learn how to read first and learn how to "define" a word. We are talking about high school level education here. And here you are trying to lecture me about how business works...LOL give me a break.

I said by "probability" means bigger budget, not by "certainty". First learn to distinguish the meaning of the words "probability" and "certainty" before you go to the next level to distinguish something for being "dumb" or "logical". It's quite embarrassing from your part, considering the fact that i live in a non-english speaking country and use english as my second language, while you on the other hand don't.

Claiming a company has by "probability" a bigger budget than it's competition based on the FACT that they are a larger company and have more resources is not an dumb statement...It's a "logical" statement. Maybe in your world that's dumb, but in the world where critical thinking exists, it's not sorry.

Did i say EA UFC budget is bigger than GTAs budget? Here's another example of your distortion and dumb statement (already made several other references in my previous comment). 2k biggest game GTA?!? Guess what genius, 2k doesn't make GTA franchise, R* games does with it's own established resources based on success and revenue. Both 2k and R* games parent company is Take-two interactive (publisher). 2k is solely focus on delivering sport games (by Take-two after purchase). What are EA throughout history most famous for genius before turning into a mega company? Oh yeah, delivering sports game titles which also happens to have far more experience than anyone else. EA UFC is "published" and "made" by EA. GTA is "published" by Take-two and "made" by R* games which has no involvement in sports titles and happens to be the biggest asset for Take-two and more invested upon because they where formed by Take-two. 2k was purchased by Take-two couple of years ago for solely (or mostly) the purpose of delivering sports games and direct competition to EAs sports games. It's mind boogling how you even fold UFC by EA and GTA in the same category when first, they don't even have the same genre, and two nor even have the same product value. LMAO so much for knowledge on business and gaming industry.

LMAO did i read just right?!? Are you seriously criticizing me for not answer a simple question? Dude both mine and your comments are here as clear evidence to be shown that it's completely the contrary. I'm quoting your entire comments and answer them step by step (just as I'M doing NOW), while you on the other picking a few lines (just as YOU'RE doing NOW), and unfoundedly focusing on that. I've already answered your irrelevant, pointless and dumb question in my two previous comments and at the SAME TIME answered a question of my own YET to be answered. Hell i even reversed the question in order to make it easier for you. STILL you're incapable of answering them. Because let's be frank here, you're avoiding them because you don't have any constructive answer at all, and don't have any facts to support them aswell. I told you, even if i don't know the exact numbers of EAs budget, how does that make you for knowing that EAs budget "ISN'T BIGGER" than it's competition?!? That was the "WHOLE POINT" in the first place dude (since my first comment in this thread). Holy ****, how hard can that be for someone to understand. Maybe i don't know the exact numbers of EAs budget or by "certainty" is bigger than it's competition. But you don't know EAs budget is "lesser" than it's competition despite knowing it's "precise" budget because you don't know a jack **** about their competition, nor do you have any facts to support them aswell...PERIOD. And to compare us two, mine carries more substance based on "common sense" and "logic" because of the "FACT" of EAs "position" in sports genre in gaming industry in comparison to it's competition. I mean how many times do i have to repeat myself to you?

You're quite frankly the one who's mad here for taking something like "precise" budget figures to personally which in the first palce is completely irrelevant and pointless/baseless. You make it seem that you're protecting a family business. But it's OK...I know you have developed a close relationship with the devs over there. And when someone criticizing the past iterations of EA UFC games for being "bad games", you're taking that personally aswell..Using laughble and hypocritical justifications to distort the reality. Now you need to go back to the drawing board with your arguments because YOU'RE the one who look worse everytime you're posting a statement, not me...All this debate is pointless.

Last edited by TGOne; 11-17-2017 at 09:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2017, 09:50 PM   #92
Pro

Thats a big wall of text so not worth reading...
Old 11-17-2017, 09:54 PM   #93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanMeForTruth
aholbert doesn't know how to debate. he only misrepresents anyone that disagrees with him. he is the 3rd biggest brown-noser here.
Spot on...I just noticed since my last comment. There's a reason why the past iterations of this franchize has sucked. Because we are unfortunate enough to have someone like him and his judgement behind the game as gamechanger.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:39 PM   #94
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanMeForTruth
aholbert doesn't know how to debate. he only misrepresents anyone that disagrees with him. he is the 3rd biggest brown-noser here.
3rd? 3rd? TGone has written two novels about me and my brown nosing and all I get is 3rd? That's ridiculous Drinklime. Give me my respect.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:44 PM   #95
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGOne
Spot on...I just noticed since my last comment. There's a reason why the past iterations of this franchize has sucked. Because we are unfortunate enough to have someone like him and his judgement behind the game as gamechanger.
Damn. I'm the reason the last game sucked? LOL!!!! Come on man. Dont be mad. You and I disagree about that stupid *** comment (and your long winded responses since) you made but I'm not so mad at you that I'm blaming you for stuff I had nothing to do with.

I personally liked UFC 2. It wasnt the best MMA game ever (That's UD3) but I thought it was decent. A good step in the direction. I cant take any credit for that game good or bad. Now UFC 3. When I can talk more freely there are some aspects of the game that I was actually involved with. So if those aspects suck, you can absolutely flame me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2017, 10:45 PM   #96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
3rd? 3rd? TGone has written two novels about me and my brown nosing and all I get is 3rd? That's ridiculous Drinklime. Give me my respect.
And what does he get in return?!? Getting banned once more for telling the truth. His new name fitted perfectly. This just sums up the legitimacy of this forum including yourself LMAO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »