Home

Stamina effect

This is a discussion on Stamina effect within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2017, 05:15 PM   #25
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stamina effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I need to do some experimenting next week to see how much we can do to affect this.

I do not want to break the balance of the game by making a knee jerk reaction with very little time left to test, btu I do think finding a good solution to this that doesn't snowball too quickly could elevate the realism of the game.

I've said it in another thread but I'll say it again.

I think this is 100% a realism problem not a balance problem.

There are a ton of penalties for being low stamina already. Like a lot, and they are very severe.
Not severe enough though. The real severe penalty is when you gas yourself and are moving like a zombie. When there is a visual difference once you reach a certain point of long term stamina. I remember you saying you thought this particular stamina system was better than FNC, which got me super excited. After playing though, I gotta respectfully disagree with that. Just watch Martials vid and it's exactly what need's to be done. That being said, the stamina system is in a much better place than it was last game, but I was expecting something a bit more realistic.

Last edited by WarMMA; 12-03-2017 at 08:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2017, 05:17 PM   #26
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

I don’t disagree however if you tax in stamina too much you might lose the fun factor to the casual player I know that hardcore fans would like an MMA simulator but there needs to be a specific lobby for that style of play though I agree with you I think the casual fan Will not put that much thought into a fighting game.... be careful what you ask for I completely agree with your idea but I think it belongs in a specific lobby, like THQ had simulation mode make them actual five minutes not accelerate time and true to life stamina and create a lobby specifically for that mode.....

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-03-2017, 05:19 PM   #27
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Well casuals liked FNC...probably even more than mma games. And it had a realistic stamina system so...
Old 12-03-2017, 05:21 PM   #28
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedreV
Ufc undisputed 3 had an option - sim or arcade mode. It shouldnt be diff to make and everyone would be happy.

From my side, the more realistic, the better

That’s exactly what I just stated I don’t think they should completely tack on stamina tax create specific lobby for real simulation mode with real five minute rounds... A true MMA simulator for the real hard-core fans ....
Don’t want to scare off the casuals just my opinion the game got to appeal to more than just us!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-03-2017, 05:23 PM   #29
MVP

Yaari's Arena

MartialMind is spot on in his video once again, but seems like a difficult thing to start experimenting with this late. I do very much they can make it happen though because yeah, it makes no sense.

It would make the game way more fun IMO.

Last edited by Yaari; 12-03-2017 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:31 PM   #30
MVP

This issue should be considering very carefully. It should make the striking more sluggish and feels more slow. I think, Its not good change.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:32 PM   #31
Rookie

If this were put in place I fear we'd run into a complete ton of slow as hell fights with players not wanting to engage in fear of draining stamina. I think we could get very slow inactive fights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2017, 05:36 PM   #32
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skufflz
If this were put in place I fear we'd run into a complete ton of slow as hell fights with players not wanting to engage in fear of draining stamina. I think we could get very slow inactive fights.
Yeah that's a big issue with this thing, it comes way too late. This is something that would have been perfect to test in the beta, but without a beta? Really tricky to get the numbers right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »