Home

Stamina question for a developer or GC

This is a discussion on Stamina question for a developer or GC within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2017, 05:15 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Stamina question for a developer or GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I don't understand how people would want stamina drain to be bigger, though. With the bad stamina dudes it's already very hard to go the distance.
It's very hard to go the distance without going Askren on a fool really :P.
Even against the AI, maaaan, that thing wanted me dead.
I had two DECs in 32 online fights in the beta, a majority Dec I won I think because I mixed in takedowns in rounds 1&3 as otherwise the striking stats were identical.
And the 2nd was against a guy who kicked the living bajebus outta me for 3 rounds, but couldn't break my guard or finish me (especially by the end as he couldn't chain more than 2 punches) although in the latter example, the dude was still crazy fast and surprsingly powerful for a guy with 30% stamina. Even though I had 80% roughly, I couldn't mount enough offense to win even the round (my chin was shot. One clean shot coming forward = stun county)

It was a bit jarring, I didn't mind losing to a better fighter. But the fact he didn't slow down meant I never had the chance to win really (I probably could've got lucky, but he was still crazy dangeous at 30% gas) this was Diaz (him) v Ferg (me) btw, only time I saw a gassed Diaz.

Edit: I don't want more stamina drain or anything, I just want slowdown correlating to stamina drain. I know there's the gassed strikes from throwing at 0% but they're very, VERY easy to avoid even at low stam if you don't spam.

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 12-08-2017 at 05:17 AM.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:42 AM   #10
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebaldwin
Hey GPD, since you've been answering a good amount of question about the stamina, would you please give your opinion on what's been discussed on the forums concerning your opponent's meters bars (stamina included) being hidden in ranked? And if there's been any consensus on whether or not it'd be possible to integrate in-game? Or if there's at least still time to make a decision?

Also, would a option in quick match be possible for a host to make it so it's hidden from the opponent?
Yes I'd want all of my opponents meters hidden from me. Very unrealistic to be able to see that. They should simply be there to manage your self. As far as your opponent you should have to identify these things and the game has plenty of tells.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:43 AM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
There will be stamina sliders.

Does that not fill the need?
It does! I saw that there would be sliders for other things I must have missed the stamina ones. That will be great thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2017, 09:07 AM   #12
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebaldwin
Hey GPD, since you've been answering a good amount of question about the stamina, would you please give your opinion on what's been discussed on the forums concerning your opponent's meters bars (stamina included) being hidden in ranked? And if there's been any consensus on whether or not it'd be possible to integrate in-game? Or if there's at least still time to make a decision?

Also, would a option in quick match be possible for a host to make it so it's hidden from the opponent?
I want to say Jazz (TallUnlimited) was entertaining this idea, but I don't know what he decided. Maybe tweet him and ask?

Quote:
I don't understand how people would want stamina drain to be bigger, though. With the bad stamina dudes it's already very hard to go the distance.
Yeah, there are some guys (like Diakiese) with stamina that is too low. But most guys can do a cracked-out Clay Guida imitation from bell to bell. So, you just increase stamina expenditure marginally across the board and bring up the guys who are lagging behind too much (like Diakiese). Not too complicated IMO.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:30 AM   #13
MVP

Yaari's Arena

IIRC he already teased it as an option for UFC 2 but it never actually happened. I think it would be a great thing for ranked. Someone should ask him.

And I agree with ZombieRommel. Some guys can go all the way, as long as you dont waste your stamina missing special moves, doing regular strikes, you can have some ridiculous striking output.
Not really a fan of that. I wouldn't mind if the regular strikes took up more stamina. Just because they aren't spinning moves doesn't mean they can't be spammed.

Yeah it is fairly easy to counter but it makes for some ugly fights.

Last edited by Yaari; 12-08-2017 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:56 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
And this is what happens when y’all choose MK players as Gamechangers.

Stamina drain on body shots can be toned down and increase drain on missed strikes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
There will be stamina sliders.

Does that not fill the need?
NO

Sim players like to play against other players online as well. Please give us sliders for rivalries
Old 12-08-2017, 10:01 AM   #15
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Yes I'd want all of my opponents meters hidden from me. Very unrealistic to be able to see that. They should simply be there to manage your self. As far as your opponent you should have to identify these things and the game has plenty of tells.
Please. This is so long overdue. All of the bars already clutter up the screen as it is. We don't need opponent info.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2017, 10:03 AM   #16
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

As far as sim stamina goes, I'd love to see it in ranked, but I know people would bitch. We should be able to toggle it on or off in quick matches at the very least, though.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »