Home

Will we be told what changes are being done for the full game?

This is a discussion on Will we be told what changes are being done for the full game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2017, 10:41 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Will we be told what changes are being done for the full game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Would add a ton of necessary tension that's lacking to fights. The uncertainty of where you opponent is at would add a lot to fights.

Think about how Eddie kept hiding how hurt his legs were in his most recent fight. Seeing my HUD doesn't allow me to play that way.

You can turn the HUD off? I used to play UFC 2 online without a HUD after a while, it was awesome, I kinda wish you could choose to show just your own health/stam like in FNCs career. Was that in the beta? I just turned both onto full while I learnt but ill definately be turning it off once I'm adept.

But the ability to hide solely your opponents bar shouldn't be a hard addition if its not already there.
Of course, they can still see it, but you cant, so youd be getting what you want.

Otherwise you'd have to split online by "traditional ground" and "advanced ground"
Cause nooby players will need the grapple HUD and stam meters really..
And they won't segregate the player base like that I don't think.

As for Eddie switching stance, Gatheje noticed that. Of course he noticed that, I wouldn't call it hiding your injured leg as much as getting it out of danger/protecting it which you can do in game, but that's semantics so ill shutup haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2017, 11:10 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I appreciate what you do broseph, but it's above my head so I don't respond to that stuff. The way I enjoy playing the game is just a casual approach so I can watch tv and take breaks while I play.

Im sure devs at least read your posts. One thing to be mindful of is the notes you are providing are about an outdated beta build.

If this is hard to interpret I can try typing it in Russian, but my Russian is only slightly better than my English.
Yeah, this.
I love giving feedback, but the hitframe numbers and all that is completely over my head, I look at it all from a realism sense, as if I was in there, sadly those video gamey ways of looking at it are utter Greek to me.

But all our different ways of playing and interpreting the data leads to nice ans varied feedback into all aspects of the game, which I'd assume is rather helpful for the most part.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:24 AM   #27
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
You can turn the HUD off? I used to play UFC 2 online without a HUD after a while, it was awesome, I kinda wish you could choose to show just your own health/stam like in FNCs career. Was that in the beta? I just turned both onto full while I learnt but ill definately be turning it off once I'm adept.

But the ability to hide solely your opponents bar shouldn't be a hard addition if its not already there.
Of course, they can still see it, but you cant, so youd be getting what you want.

Otherwise you'd have to split online by "traditional ground" and "advanced ground"
Cause nooby players will need the grapple HUD and stam meters really..
And they won't segregate the player base like that I don't think.

As for Eddie switching stance, Gatheje noticed that. Of course he noticed that, I wouldn't call it hiding your injured leg as much as getting it out of danger/protecting it which you can do in game, but that's semantics so ill shutup haha.
The heck are you talking about. We're asking that our opponent's meters are hidden from us, we'd still be able to see our own if we wish to. They'd still have the grapple hud too.

I honestly have no idea what's so hard to understand for some. As for the exemple given with Eddie, you just said yourself that Justin saw him switch stance and gave out that he was hurt by doing that. He didnt need meters to tell him, right? Same as your opponent starting to limp, switching stance, or starting to block down low more often in-game after a few low kicks, it gives you that same feeling Justin had..

Theres no need to see your opponent's meters, there really isn't. Even less so in a mode that wants to be competitively oriented. You dont want to giveaway how hurt or gased you are, the visual cues that are already there are enough already. Could there be more? Sure. It always can be better, but there are enough to do it.

Those that say the opposite, do tell why you think having your opponent's meter is better for the game and the players. Are tactics done by knowing every single thing about your opponent, having no doubts, just a perfect read on your opponent's state really how it should be? Even when the game has come so far...? Do you really need to see if that rock state your opponent is in is the one that'll end the fight, or would you prefer going at it patiently, taking lesser risk due to not knowing the future? Or hell, go at it putting it all in going for the finish but taking the risk that comes with it, that he could recover quickly, that his guard/defence is still tight enough to not get finished..
It's that feeling that you dont know how much his guard can still take, or how much his head, body and legs can, other than with how much you've enganged with him till that point. Its that tension, that "fear" of not being sure. Seeing your opponent's meters remove this sensation of excitement for the players.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:50 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebaldwin
The heck are you talking about. We're asking that our opponent's meters are hidden from us, we'd still be able to see our own if we wish to. They'd still have the grapple hud too.

I honestly have no idea what's so hard to understand for some. As for the exemple given with Eddie, you just said yourself that Justin saw him switch stance and gave out that he was hurt by doing that. He didnt need meters to tell him, right? Same as your opponent starting to limp, switching stance, or starting to block down low more often in-game after a few low kicks, it gives you that same feeling Justin had..

Theres no need to see your opponent's meters, there really isn't. Even less so in a mode that wants to be competitively oriented. You dont want to giveaway how hurt or gased you are, the visual cues that are already there are enough already. Could there be more? Sure. It always can be better, but there are enough to do it.

Those that say the opposite, do tell why you think having your opponent's meter is better for the game and the players. Are tactics done by knowing every single thing about your opponent, having no doubts, just a perfect read on your opponent's state really how it should be? Even when the game has come so far...? Do you really need to see if that rock state your opponent is in is the one that'll end the fight, or would you prefer going at it patiently, taking lesser risk due to not knowing the future? Or hell, go at it putting it all in going for the finish but taking the risk that comes with it, that he could recover quickly, that his guard/defence is still tight enough to not get finished..
It's that feeling that you dont know how much his guard can still take, or how much his head, body and legs can, other than with how much you've enganged with him till that point. Its that tension, that "fear" of not being sure. Seeing your opponent's meters remove this sensation of excitement for the players.

My bad, I misinterpreted that a bit.
Can you not hide the HUD at all now? I didn't directly test that in the beta.
But still, that's about the closest your gonna get in 3 anyway it would appear. EDIT: Disregard that last line of stupidity, nowhere near as big a change as I foolishly thought.

And I don't disagree at all... I'd totally like to see that happen, the more the game emulates the tension of a real fight the better.. I doubt it will, hence suggesting turning off the HUD, as its the closest you can with what we are given.

And.. I didn't say anything about the meter being good? I said I play with that **** turned off, so what do you want me to say? I tried to offer an alternative option on the off chance you hadn't tried it. And admittedly misinterpreted a bit of what you meant, but your arguing with someone who agrees with you. (Edit: My bad, again, thought that last bit was directed at me specifically)

Edit: This definately should be the default setting for ranked and one of the optionals for unranked. But yeah, sorry for misinterpreting that somewhat. I'm definitely all for that change. Hell, yes.

I should've said I play without a HUD to try and emulate this aspect. But you don't need the meters. For sure, especially now that low stam causes your fighters mouth open and various other visual cues.

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 12-10-2017 at 02:09 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:24 AM   #29
Rookie

I always turn the meters off online or off I could careless if my opponent uses it....but what God said does that mean ragdoll confirmed?
Old 12-10-2017, 03:32 AM   #30
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

If stand and bang mode is online just put the goofy ragdolls there.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:49 AM   #31
Rookie

@daves so your telling me you want to see the same 5 knockout animations for 2 years???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2017, 03:55 AM   #32
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I'd rather see the same 5 animations than my opponents getting whipped across the octagon. I'd rather have the camera focus on me unless it was particularly gnarly finish.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »