Home

Strikes from the Single Collar Clinch are Underpowered

This is a discussion on Strikes from the Single Collar Clinch are Underpowered within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2017, 11:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Strikes from the Single Collar Clinch are Underpowered

Strikes need to be more powerful from the single collar clinch, especially uppercuts and elbows. Knockouts/rocks should be almost as common from this position as they are from the Muay Thai clinch.

Currently playing UFC 2 and had my opponent in single collar against the fence for at least a minute (very rare to hold this position so long in the game despite it being very common in real life). Despite throwing repeated uppercuts, elbows, and strikes to the face, my opponent was never even rocked.

I understand there were some changes to strike power in the clinch in UFC 3, but I still felt strikes were underpowered in the single collar position.

Game devs, please make strikes (especially head strikes) from this position more powerful to make the clinch a more beneficial component of the grappling game and also to make the game more realistic in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2017, 12:14 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Strikes from the Single Collar Clinch are Underpowered

Yes please clinch punch health events.
Old 12-30-2017, 05:49 PM   #3
Rookie

Agree with OP. Strikes from every position should be dangerous.
Old 12-30-2017, 05:58 PM   #4
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

The clinch striking is completely unbalanced, the only strikes that matter are the MT clinch strikes. So if you're not clinching to take an opponent down, it's a race to MT clinch to see who wins basically. Clinch needs to feel no different than stand up, if you are going against a clinch striker (whether it's MT or a good clinch boxer), you probably don't want to clinch at all. But since everybody has about the same MT clinch power and are basically powerless in all other clinch strikes, the clinch game is what it is now...which isn't really all that good tbh.

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 12-30-2017 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:06 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
The clinch striking is completely unbalanced, the only strikes that matter are the MT clinch strikes. So if you're not clinching to take an opponent down, it's a race to MT clinch to see who wins basically. Clinch needs to feel no different than stand up, if you are going against a clinch striker (which it's MT or a good clinch boxer), you probably don't want to clinch at all. But since everybody has about the same MT clinch power and are basically powerless in all other clinch strikes, the clinch game is what it is now...which isn't really all that good tbh.

I agree. Honestly the whole clinch (and takedown) mechanics need to be overhauled and given increased depth/fluidity imo. But adding damage to single collar strikes is a good start.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2018, 08:07 AM   #6
Just started!

They need the push\pull clinch system from undisputed 3 I think this would solve the problem of weak punches and knees from the single collar and Muai Thai clinch
Old 01-02-2018, 10:37 AM   #7
MVP

Completely agree with this, MT shouldn't be the only clinch position that feels dangerous from a striking perspective, I think a UD3 Esq system would be great, with momentum and whatnot affecting power, and both fighters technically being able to stun/KO eachother from a neutral position like single collar made the clinch feel much more dangerous, but even just stuns at low health would be nice.

I also wish you could counter certain TD's from SC with strikes, if your throwing an uppercut from SC as they shoot a double it should still connect, it seems to just cancel the strike in my experience. Minor thing, but id be nice to see.

Edit: Typo.

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 01-02-2018 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:52 AM   #8
MVP

Imagine using Daniel Cormier if this were true. Or any shorter fighter honestly. It would give the shorter guys a new wrinkle and strategy.

Also look at Volkan against Manuwa.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »