Home

Why are fights not scored round by round in game?

This is a discussion on Why are fights not scored round by round in game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2017, 11:44 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Why are fights not scored round by round in game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Those are good points.

I just realized something though. The judging is unlikely to be round by round because there isn’t an ability to get a draw. If someone got a 10 8 round in there somewhere and it would cause a draw, the computations will always pick someone based on the full fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I got a 28-28 scorecard once, was a majority decision win. So those scorecards are possible, they just have a limit, for some reason beyond my comprehension.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2017, 11:50 AM   #26
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Those are good points.

I just realized something though. The judging is unlikely to be round by round because there isn’t an ability to get a draw. If someone got a 10 8 round in there somewhere and it would cause a draw, the computations will always pick someone based on the full fight.

No the computations will randomly pick a winner if it’s an actual draw. It’s not done based on the entire fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-25-2017, 12:14 PM   #27
Pro

Yeah I don't think Draws are in either, but who knows. If a 9-9 was possible this could of been a draw if it made it that far. But I'm not sure if such scoring can happen in the game. I know I seen a YT video of someone purposely trying to make a draw happen but it didn't work even with no action.

UFC Undisputed had draws and I maybe seen them a few times out of all the thousands of fights I had on that game.
Fight Night also has them and I could say the same thing in that game the few times I did get it. The game actually placed it into the ESPN classic fights part of the game which can be viewed in the options menu.

I understand people don't want that happening in ranked but it is realistic. Draws Actually happen in combat sports.

I wouldn't care if they dissalowed it in Ranked, but at least in quickmatch and offline mode.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:20 PM   #28
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Draws arent in UFC 3.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:20 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
No the computations will randomly pick a winner if it’s an actual draw.

Imagine that in any other sports game :

Oh you drew 2 - 2 in FIFA? Can't have that.. *flips a coin*

Do you have any insight as to why that is? Seems a bit odd to me to use RNG to forcefully pick a winner when draws are actually a thing irl..
Old 12-25-2017, 01:25 PM   #30
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisukEasy
Imagine that in any other sports game :

Oh you drew 2 - 2 in FIFA? Can't have that.. *flips a coin*

Do you have any insight as to why that is? Seems a bit odd to me to use RNG to forcefully pick a winner when draws are actually a thing irl..
They dont have the end of fight artwork/animations to show a draw. Its low priority because 1)Online comp players hate draws and 2) only .5% of UFC fights end in draws (unlike Soccer).

I think they plan to get around to eventually but it isnt high priority.
Old 12-25-2017, 05:51 PM   #31
MVP

Thumbs up Re: Why are fights not scored round by round in game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
Pressure and volume do seem to be weighted heavily, but they aren't the be all and end all like they were in 2, I won a decision online in the beta where I got outlanded by about 20ish strikes, but they were all 1-2s and I was landing low kicks and body kicks as well as clean counter 2-3s and I got given the fight 29-28 x3.

It does seem quite inconsistent though, and they seem to treat all knockdowns as equal. Like, alert knockdowns should count as knockdowns on the stats IMO and leg kick knockdowns shouldn't be weighted as heavily a body or head knockdown, because you can pretty easily get like 9 leg kick knockdowns and win a round like 10-6 which never, ever happens. Like, even Stephens-Melendez was scored with no more than 10-8s (30-26,30-26,30-25.) I'd be fine if they hardcoded 10-8s as the limit tbh, because I don't know the last time a 10-7 was awarded.
Oddly enough I found the online scoring to be MUCH more consistent than offline, I had a few similar bouts online, but offline I'd lose a match if outstuck solely in the context of volume.

And, I agree with Alert KD's to be honest, I could understand if people didn't as it is still a KD, but, I don't think the judges should judge it the same as the later stage KDs.
And I absolutely agree on leg kicks, I got 11 KD's in a round alternating high-low KD's and I could've coasted the next two rounds just because I'd apparently got a 10-5 (whaaaat?)

I'd like to see them seperate the severity of the KD's to the judges, so, from lowest scored to highest scored it would be (this is debateable and just a rough idea) Alert KD, Leg Kick KD, Fall to guard KD, Body shot KD, Stun/FTF KD (where you can do the GnP).

Something like that, basically. I definitely don't think effective grappling is scored high enough, nor is GnP, you can beat someone within an inch of a KO several times and still lose the round if they scored a KD or something early, even though technically you've returned that damage and then some.

I agree there is less emphasis on volume scoring than in 2, now they seem to only look at Sig strikes, I've lost rounds where I've had 1 less Sig strike, but like, 3 TDs, 2 min too control, a sub attempt and 20 more overall strikes, (I've also won rounds like that, so who knows haha, its just inconsistent.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2017, 05:57 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Those are good points.

What happens is, when the game gets a draw. It randomly picks a winner, and you get a split or majority Dec, its actually testable in UFC 2.

If you set up a 3 round fight, lose the first two, then utterly dominate the third for a 10-8.
The game will go to a split or majority Dec that you might win, or might lose..
It should be a draw, but it isn't sadly. Hopefully they come one day.

Rounds are scored by round, things just go a little whacky when the cards add up 28-28 or 48-48.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »