Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Gameplay Video - Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Gameplay Video - Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2018, 11:01 PM   #89
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Gameplay Video - Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Why are you getting defensive? I asked you a question.

You said that there were plenty of people who were interested. What evidence do you have that 2k was ever interested in the mma market? What evidence do you have that Sony San Diego was interested. 2k bought the WWE license from thq but never showed any interest in the ufc.

If there were a ton of other interested parties, where were they when the ufc license was available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You asked a rhetorical question, as if I have gaming publishers on speed dial right now. I mentioned 2K and Sony because they make the two best sports games on the market, not because they have or haven't shown interest in wanting to develop for UFC. My point was, if EA doesn't care enough about this franchise to give it proper budgeting and manpower to make good games, then it would be in much better hands with a developer who does care about the product enough to do those things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamePlayDev

It's not mediocrity though. It's best in class.

Maybe not in the ways you value, but you can't deny it.
Compared to what? There's better sports games on the market. There's better fighting games on the market. It is the ONLY MMA (or any combat sport) game. So you don't have anything to be "best in class" to.

Boxing/MMA games from 10 years ago are significantly deeper experiences than what you are producing now. The lack of improvements to everything besides striking is mediocrity, with all due respect, no offense meant. It's mediocrity. And that's what UFC 3 will most likely go down as, a mediocre game due to the lack of detail to the little things.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:11 PM   #90
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
Compared to what? There's better sports games on the market. There's better fighting games on the market. It is the ONLY MMA (or any combat sport) game. So you don't have anything to be "best in class" to.
Best in class animation, visuals, gameplay among sports/fighting games.

You can point out whatever flaws you want, it doesn't take away from that fact.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:12 PM   #91
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
You asked a rhetorical question, as if I have gaming publishers on speed dial right now. I mentioned 2K and Sony because they make the two best sports games on the market, not because they have or haven't shown interest in wanting to develop for UFC. My point was, if EA doesn't care enough about this franchise to give it proper budgeting and manpower to make good games, then it would be in much better hands with a developer who does care about the product enough to do those things.
No I didnt. You made a statement ("It's a shame, there's plenty of people out there who would throw the right support behind an MMA game."). I asked you who are those people. You then went on a rant about me acting as if EA was the only company making sports games and name dropped the makers of NBA 2k and the Show....as if those companies would be interested and were one of the "people" you referred to in your original statement.

I wasnt asking that question to prove my point. I was asking you to prove your point. I still want to know who those "people" are that you referred to.

Now you clarified that statement. Dont get mad at me because you werent clear about the point you were originally making.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 11:19 PM   #92

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
No I didnt. You made a statement ("It's a shame, there's plenty of people out there who would throw the right support behind an MMA game."). I asked you who are those people. You then went on a rant about me acting as if EA was the only company making sports games and name dropped the makers of NBA 2k and the Show....as if those companies would be interested and were one of the "people" you referred to in your original statement.

I wasnt asking that question to prove my point. I was asking you to prove your point. I still want to know who those "people" are that you referred to.

Now you clarified that statement. Dont get mad at me because you werent clear about the point you were originally making.
There are A LOT of arm chair game publishers that would throw the right support behind an MMA game if someone gave them the money with which to do it.

They would unfortunately be out of business before the first game came out though.

The professionals are currently not putting any support behind MMA games as evidenced by EA UFC being the only one on the market, despite the UFC itself being one of many MMA promotions.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:31 PM   #93
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Best in class animation, visuals, gameplay among sports/fighting games.

You can point out whatever flaws you want, it doesn't take away from that fact.
That's not a fact. Your visuals are so good that you couldn't even make Ngannou model properly. Your NPC models are two years old.

Animations from Fight Night Champion or Undisputed look better than a lot of those that you have in this game. Those games are a decade old.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:33 PM   #94

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
That's not a fact. Your visuals are so good that you couldn't even make Ngannou model properly. Your NPC models are two years old.

Animations from Fight Night Champion or Undisputed look better than a lot of those that you have in this game. Those games are a decade old.
Like I said, you can point out whatever flaws you want.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:35 PM   #95
Rookie

Its obvious this guy is trolling, Who cares what he thinks. The devs made much better game improvements since ufc1 and 2. And its obvious they'll continue to do so on ufc3 after its release. He said ufc3 is "mediocrity".. it's obvious you've come just to troll. Just leave the forum bro, your doing nothing for any ufc3 forum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 11:37 PM   #96
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I like the ea ufc games, but I figured it was only game in it's class.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »