Home

Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

This is a discussion on Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2018, 01:10 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3563
A lot of complaints are that takedowns are way too hard to pull off even on normal. Has anyone tried takedowns against the AI on beginner and easy to see if you can get them,even so normal difficulty should not be anywhere near that hard.
TDs are messed up across the board, there is a nasty input delay/registration issue when you try to shoot, you can't setup shots, ect ect.

That said, the AI seems to be way more affected by GA now, if you shoot while you have a full or near full GA meter you will get the shot 90% of the time, but the AI is alot better at stuffing naked shots or shots to a neutral GA, and with that delay/registration issue, it's easy to stuff up the timing of a shot.

I dunno if the AI needs to be changed in relation to TD defence, I think the actual TD mechanic needs more work instead, if that makes sense.

I am basing this off the beta, so I might be out of date as I don't think I've seen any streamers I've been watching shoot a TD, saw them deny plenty, but no shots.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:06 AM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3563
A lot of complaints are that takedowns are way too hard to pull off even on normal. Has anyone tried takedowns against the AI on beginner and easy to see if you can get them,even so normal difficulty should not be anywhere near that hard.
Ive been able to pull of takedowns against the AI on Pro and Hard. You have to set them up this year though.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:44 AM   #11
MVP

AI submission ability is crazy now. I have never escaped just one time against the AI on Pro and Legendary even if i had the full stamina and AI had low stamina. I think, its too much difficult.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2018, 11:56 AM   #12
MVP

what i noticed is that Ai block to many body shots... no matter if u mix or not they really block like 90% of the shots
Old 01-27-2018, 12:03 PM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
AI submission ability is crazy now. I have never escaped just one time against the AI on Pro and Legendary even if i had the full stamina and AI had low stamina. I think, its too much difficult.
I agree. I had to drop the aI sub slider down 4 clicks in order to get it to be somewhat realistic.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:34 PM   #14
Pro

I have both sub sliders up 5 clicks, grapple all the way, and the stamina up 4 clicks and I’ve found the ground game very satisfying. I only managed to get a sub so far playing as Maia and I was submitted playing as Derek Lewis against Olinyk after I gassed out.

This was tested a dozen times on Hard and Pro so it is by no means definite.

Last edited by The_Waterboy92; 01-27-2018 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:43 PM   #15
Pro

Skynet... do you want feedback on the difficulties without slider adjustment or with them? Are you looking to make pro the difficulty you mentioned on its own without adjustment?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2018, 04:17 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Ive been able to pull of takedowns against the AI on Pro and Hard. You have to set them up this year though.
I've actually had the opposite experience. In career mode I would just shoot for a takedown and get it with almost no struggle. I'd say I managed to get 7/10 takedowns I went for, and I was playing on pro. I wasn't even setting them up. Perhaps this was just down to me making sure that I improved my takedown stat as often as I could. I maxed it out fairly early.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »