Home

Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

This is a discussion on Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2018, 01:37 PM   #441
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

As far as spinning strikes go, I've noticed fighters like Valentina and Karolina using an unusually large number of spinning backfists, but only after they landed one that did big damage.

Even if all that spinning looks a bit comical, I don't have a huge problem with AI noticing something's working and doing more of that.

Does Angela Hill have signature AI? I ran a few fights against her and was impressed with the sheer variety of spinning **** she'd start throwing once one landed.

Last edited by MeowingForVengeance; 04-30-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2018, 02:42 PM   #442
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
As far as spinning strikes go, I've noticed fighters like Valentina and Karolina using an unusually large number of spinning backfists, but only after they landed one that did big damage.

Even if all that spinning looks a bit comical, I don't have a huge problem with AI noticing something's working and doing more of that.

Does Angela Hill have signature AI?
I ran a few fights against her and was impressed with the sheer variety of spinning **** she'd start throwing once one landed.
Nope but her moveset is really diverse.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:03 PM   #443
Banned

Go to 1:15 of that video

Khabib takes my back and literally does nothing but deny. Once I stopped transitioning we just sat there until the ref broke us up.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:57 PM   #444
MVP

AI has a real bad tendency to lunge into lead high kicks later in a fight.

I've just had my last 3 in a row end via AI lunging into a roundhouse kick in round 2.

I like the fact the AI makes mistakes, but that one might be a bit over the top, it almost feels like a deliberate reaction, as all 3 times it lunged after I input the kick.

Anyone else getting this? All 3 times it was a naked, idle lead roundhouse (2x from Southpaw 1x from orthodox)
Old 05-01-2018, 12:48 AM   #445
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
AI has a real bad tendency to lunge into lead high kicks later in a fight.

I've just had my last 3 in a row end via AI lunging into a roundhouse kick in round 2.

I like the fact the AI makes mistakes, but that one might be a bit over the top, it almost feels like a deliberate reaction, as all 3 times it lunged after I input the kick.

Anyone else getting this? All 3 times it was a naked, idle lead roundhouse (2x from Southpaw 1x from orthodox)
I´ve also experienced that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2018, 06:29 AM   #446
MVP

Ignore this, I'm an idiot and had the wrong grapple slider maxed like a peanut.

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 05-02-2018 at 06:32 AM. Reason: I am a peanut.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:59 PM   #447
Rookie

I sound like a broken record but the ai is still way too aggressive. They have a tendency to throw almost constantly and be completely gassed by three rounds. They don't seem concerned with defense at all and routinely jump right back into battle after being rocked, which is another issue all together. Can't get through a fight without a dozen rocks. I have to let them survive if I ever want to see a decision because they get so aggressive and walk right into things at the end of the fight with no stamina.

Please lower output and make ai pay better attention to defence and stamina.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:13 PM   #448
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpdude9
I sound like a broken record but the ai is still way too aggressive. They have a tendency to throw almost constantly and be completely gassed by three rounds. They don't seem concerned with defense at all and routinely jump right back into battle after being rocked, which is another issue all together. Can't get through a fight without a dozen rocks. I have to let them survive if I ever want to see a decision because they get so aggressive and walk right into things at the end of the fight with no stamina.

Please lower output and make ai pay better attention to defence and stamina.

What difficulty do you play on? How are you playing against the AI (are you aggressive, passive, trying to grapple, etc). I ask because I’m not seeing this; I just finished a replica ufc 225 event with 9 fights and only 4 were finishes (one of those was finished in the last 3 seconds of the fight). The rest were a mix of close decisions, one dominant win and one dominant loss

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »