Home

The body uppercut spam is real

This is a discussion on The body uppercut spam is real within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2018, 08:35 PM   #25
MVP

Trillz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The body uppercut spam is real

iim seeing guys getting cracked with uppercuts and hooks when trying to spam body punches. Everything in this game is timing and mixing up your offence and defense, best striking system in a mma game imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 08:37 PM   #26
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
What Geoff said is probably true of body hooks, but body uppercuts seem to evade regular uppercuts based on some practice I'm doing. Regular hooks crack body uppercuts - hard.
Look at that you're right. I didn't set up the evasion on these so I never went back to check.

The uppers behave the same as the lead hook and have side evasion.

Makes sense from the animation too.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:57 PM   #27
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

I managed to time a body spammer perfectly with this SICK KO in the beta..

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-01-2018, 09:14 PM   #28
Rookie

The problem is that the body punch is safe on block. 1:46 of this video is how Mayweather dealt with body punches his whole career. https://youtu.be/Adpzb5Cz95w

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-02-2018, 07:34 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I managed to time a body spammer perfectly with this SICK KO in the beta..

I've gotten a few knockouts like this with flying knees, but all it did was reinforce a terrible habit so now I try and counter everything with flying knees. It feels awesome when it works, but I've also gotten overhand-ed out of the air like 5 times haha
Old 02-02-2018, 02:11 PM   #30
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

I threw together a video showing another very effective counter to body punch spam.

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/st...03611154767872
Old 02-02-2018, 02:19 PM   #31
Banned

The body uppercut spam is real

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaTO
I found it a lot easier to keep people off me in the Beta, although apparently nothing movement related has been changed since. Any tips in maintaining distance?

Honestly, the key to success in all aspects of an MMA game - including distance control - is to never fully commit to anything. You must always be ready and willing to disengage, even mid-combo.

Allow me to explain.

When you commit fully to a combo, eventually that combo ends. Wether it's because you've thrown all the strikes in that particular combo, or you got countered... eventually the combo comes to an end. By fully committing to combos like this, you're allowing the combos to end on their own terms. This causes a problem: you're always right in your opponents face when the combo ends. Now your opponent gets a turn to unload on you while you scramble to re establish distance. The whole match turns into a close quarters, "my turn, your turn" slugfest.

The solution is simple: END YOUR COMBOS ON YOUR OWN TERMS.

Say you've decided to throw a four strike combo - for this example, we'll say its a forward-moving straight punch, then three hooks. You rush in with the straight punch, left hook... but then you purposefully stop dead in your tracks and disengage (reset). You could've landed two more hooks, but you chose not to. Why? Because it gives you a head start on reclaiming the range. Wether your opponent moves too far back, misses a counter strike, or resumes chase... your opponent is reacting to you, while you're already resetting and ready to go again. This establishes a rhythm that YOU have full control over - which allows you to set the tempo and control distance.

By breaking off the combo early, you also get to claim distance early; you're ending the combo before your opponent expected, so you also get to move away before your opponent expected. Again, if you wait until the combo is finished to move away, your opponent can easily keep up with you. If you break off the combo early, you can comfortably establish distance before your opponent crowds you again.

Last edited by The Relaxed Guy; 02-02-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 02:26 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Relaxed Guy
Honestly, the key to success in all aspects of an MMA game - including striking distance control - is to never fully commit to anything. You must always be ready and willing to disengage, even mid-combo.

Allow me to explain.

When you commit fully to a combo, eventually that combo ends. Wether it's because you've thrown all the strikes in that particular combo, or you got countered... eventually the combo comes to an end. By fully committing to combos like this, you're allowing the combos to end on their own terms. When you allow combos to end this way, you may have noticed a problem: you're right in your opponents face. Now they get a turn to unload on you while you try to re establish distance. The whole match turns into a close quarters, "my turn, your turn" slugfest.

The key to maintaining distance is END YOUR COMBOS ON YOUR OWN TERMS.

Say you've decided to throw a four strike combo - for this example, we'll say its a forward-moving straight punch, then three hooks. You rush in with the right straight, left hook... but then you purposefully stop dead in your tracks and disengage (reset). You could've landed two more hooks, but you chose not to. Why? Because it gives you a head start on reclaiming the range. Wether your opponent moves too far back, misses a combo, or resumes chase... your opponent is reacting to you. As a result, you're setting the tempo and controlling distance.

By breaking off the combo early, you also get to claim distance early; you're ending the combo before your opponent expected, so you also get to move away before your opponent expected. Again, if you wait until the combo is finished to move away, your opponent can easily keep up with you. If you break off the combo early, you can comfortably establish distance before your opponent crowds you again.

Fantastic advice on managing distance.

I was always under the impression you were just a grappler but that shows you have high level understanding of the stand up as well. If more people understood distance management a lot of issues become so much easier to deal with

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »