Home

The body uppercut spam is real

This is a discussion on The body uppercut spam is real within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2018, 02:32 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The body uppercut spam is real

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I threw together a video showing another very effective counter to body punch spam.

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/st...03611154767872
Thanks, and most of us do this. The issue is there's absolutely no stopping power behind the single uppercut. You can catch people in the counter window but it has a lower than 10% chance of being timed to cause either a health even or K.O..

The body hooks deplete your stamina and and are more likely to impair your body quicker and at a much higher rate than the counter uppercut can get you out of this type of scenario. While this certainly allows the victim to answer back it's not enough because the single strike damage is far too low.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:39 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I threw together a video showing another very effective counter to body punch spam.

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/st...03611154767872
I know it's just an example of one option, but you essentially traded 4-5 body shots for a single counter.

As an aggressor I would take that trade every time, and before you know it I would have a significant stamina advantage. Also worth noting, my opponent would have less and less on his counters as I drain his stamina.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:40 PM   #35
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAnOlogist
Thanks, and most of us do this. The issue is there's absolutely no stopping power behind the single uppercut. You can catch people in the counter window but it has a lower than 10% chance of being timed to cause either a health even or K.O..

The body hooks deplete your stamina and and are more likely to impair your body quicker and at a much higher rate than the counter uppercut can get you out of this type of scenario. While this certainly allows the victim to answer back it's not enough because the single strike damage is far too low.
In the exchange against two body hooks, the defender loses 0.8 long term stamina points (including the cost of the lunge).

The attacker loses 0.15 long term stamina points and 0.55 long term health points.

But more important the damage spike to the attacker's head is 37 which is quite high.

Later in a fight or at less than full health (which this test was done at) that could very well get you a rock.

Obviously if you evade the first the defender will deal more damage on the counter and stuff the second strike.

And if you have better range, the hooks will wiff and do no damage, making it a profitable exchange for the defender.

My numbers were taken from a worst case where both hooks land due to close range, and the counter doesn't stuff the second strike.

And even then I don't think it's a bad trade.

Oh and of course if the attacker throws from less than full stamina, the damage spike and profit will be considerably higher.

So if the body punch spam is truly spam, and not just well integrated into a mixed attack, I would expect this strategy to be fight ending for the defender if repeated a few times in a row.

Last edited by GameplayDevUFC; 02-02-2018 at 03:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 03:16 PM   #36
Rookie

No long term stamina is lost during a health event. So even if you make them pay with a knee or uppercut a few times if you can't get a body spammer out of the fight early you're screwed the next round.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:18 PM   #37

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShogunsAssassin
No long term stamina is lost during a health event. So even if you make them pay with a knee or uppercut a few times if you can't get a body spammer out of the fight early you're screwed the next round.
I'd trade stamina for health events all day, at least in div 4. No one is defending intelligently at that level when they get rocked.

Yet.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:20 PM   #38

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

And don't forget a health event is a perfect opportunity to cash in a big long term stamina profit.

Just attack the body while they protect their head and you'll more than make up for whatever you lost achieving the health event in the first place.

Pick the right time to focus on block break and it's a high percentage finish in my experience so far (not playing at the top of div 5).
Old 02-02-2018, 03:24 PM   #39
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

I tried this and its not that great they still have better chance of doing this to win a fight also this is more complicated then their strategy.

The body spam allows complete noobs to win a lot of fights i had a couple of them in the ground and they were jut spamming transistions.

Also fighting range and fight from distance is almost non existent everybody fight like prime cain velasquez and or khabib and you cant do nothing but to brawl with them.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:26 PM   #40
Banned

Im already so sick of this game not because it's a bad game just because the majority plays so disgusting.

I was really looking forward to realistic ranked matches but nothing. Thanks for the video GPD I'll try that out. And again it's not your fault that people are so cheese.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »