Home

1.05 Major and Minor SWAYS issues (DEAD ZONE) + How to fix it

This is a discussion on 1.05 Major and Minor SWAYS issues (DEAD ZONE) + How to fix it within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2018, 08:00 AM   #25
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1.05 Major and Minor SWAYS issues (DEAD ZONE) + How to fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Yeah. Just doing minor sways is fine. I did a bunch of them to test.

The tricky stuff is buffing very fast slip counters, off of apunch of your own. You have to be more careful with the timing. And bufifng major ducks feels a bit tricky, too.

This will hardly be considered a problem if only one player things the input is bad. If there were a crowd saying the input sucks, then yeah, I'd worry more about making a video of consecutive minor slips. They're easy.

Note that I'm not saying everything is perfect. Your questioning is still valuable, as perhaps there is room for improvement in comboing the inputs of punch - slip - punch.
So, there will NOT be a video proof of "fine" (stable and reliable) inputs for Minor sways from you, especially when it takes max 10 min to make it and i was asking about this. OK, this is very strange... really it looks like you just can not to complete the target. Then i have new question: what is more important for you - to make game better or to hide that you are wrong with your "fine" Minor sways input?

So, i made a video proof and explanation by myself:

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-19-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2018, 09:02 AM   #26
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Fiiiine. Here is:

Old 05-19-2018, 09:10 AM   #27
Banned

Holy crap

Sugata is Khabib Nurmagomedov

Please listen to this man
Old 05-19-2018, 09:38 AM   #28
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Fiiiine. Here is:

1) Large numbers of your Minor sways were repeating at the same side - this is easier to repeat than to make to another or opposite side.

2) Making a series of Minor sways is much harder - b/c different sides + quick w/o delay clicks. You did only by 1-2 times. It does not prooving that this is stable.

3) You reason to NOT decrease dead zone is NOT true:
- we have many games like Shooters where you can decrease Dead zone and this is NOT an issue there.
- In War thunder (free game) you can change 5 aspects of Analog sticks (dead zone, non linerity, sensitivity, etc) so i can simulate the best conditions to provoke accdental spring opposite - and NOTHING happens
- best ever counter proof: LS in EA UFC 3 has Dead zone near 5' much tighter than LS, you can check it when walking (even bit tilting make a sygnal), and i NEVER saw any "spring back" and even now when trying to do it specially - i.e. no accidental steps or walking!!! If you have problems with RS with his 30' dead zone, then you must have huge problems with LS right NOW.
Solid, do you have problems with LS??

It can be IF you attach metal sticks on DS4, only then.

I said 5' is fine. It will solve all your possible problems - backlash, spring baclk.
Your "that was one" example i tried to repeat = nothing , even no one time! I dont know how you did that one.

And as i said again, THE BEST WAY is to give players a SETTING to CHANGE DEAD ZONE on their own - it will solve ALL questions!

As it looks like our discussion with you stumped - i will make a Poll about this and will ask others to reveal is it global issue or not stable only for me.

But i can not find how to create a poll (dont see a button for poll creating) - how to do it?

Last edited by SUGATA; 05-19-2018 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:01 AM   #29
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
1) Large numbers of your Minor sways were repeating at the same side - this is easier to repeat than to make to another or opposite side.

2) Making a series of Minor sways is much harder - b/c different sides + quick w/o delay clicks. You did only by 1-2 times. It does not prooving that this is stable.

3) You reason to NOT decrease dead zone is NOT true:
- we have many games like Shooters where you can decrease Dead zone and this is NOT an issue there.
- In War thunder (free game) you can change 5 aspects of Analog sticks (dead zone, non linerity, sensitivity, etc) so i can simulate the best conditions to provoke accdental spring opposite - and NOTHING happens.

It can be IF you attach metal sticks on DS4, only then.

I said 5' is fine. It will solve all your possible problems - backlash, spring baclk.
Your "that was one" example i tried to repeat = nothing , even no one time! I dont know how you did that one.

And as i said again, THE BEST WAY is to give players a SETTING to CHANGE DEAD ZONE on their own - it will solve ALL questions!

As it looks like our discussion with you stumped - i will make a Poll about this and will ask others to reveal is it global issue or not stable only for me.

But i can not find how to create a poll (dont see a button for poll creating) - how to do it?
1- I can assure you the alternating sides for the minor sways doesn't make a difference. What I did in the test was varying between alternating and going to the same side, just to prove that both are easy.

2- Indeed I provided few examples of linking minor sways. That was more of a recording thing. What I found out is that it helps to do a wide fick for the second sway, but without holding the stick. Doing two short flicks usually fails.

3- A tiny spring back in a shooter has almost no consequence. In EA UFC 3, it results in a full action. I'm not saying that the backlash is big problem, now. My point is that it happens now, only if we really whip the stick very lightly and quickly. But if the deadzone were reduced, maybe it would happen more easily. Another issue with the deadzone, which GPD had explained to you in another thread, a while back, is the accidental directional input. You might wanna go to the right but start your input going down. Again, this is something that wouldn't matter much in a shooter, but in a game like this would make a huge difference.

When you make a poll, I suggest you don't only compare "adding an option" vs "leaving it as it is". The fair comparison would be one option vs the other. If you offer the answer of adding an option, than most people will just flock to it, because... why not? And the "why not" is resources.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:41 PM   #30
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
1- I can assure you the alternating sides for the minor sways doesn't make a difference. What I did in the test was varying between alternating and going to the same side, just to prove that both are easy.

2- Indeed I provided few examples of linking minor sways. That was more of a recording thing. What I found out is that it helps to do a wide fick for the second sway, but without holding the stick. Doing two short flicks usually fails.

3- A tiny spring back in a shooter has almost no consequence. In EA UFC 3, it results in a full action. I'm not saying that the backlash is big problem, now. My point is that it happens now, only if we really whip the stick very lightly and quickly. But if the deadzone were reduced, maybe it would happen more easily. Another issue with the deadzone, which GPD had explained to you in another thread, a while back, is the accidental directional input. You might wanna go to the right but start your input going down. Again, this is something that wouldn't matter much in a shooter, but in a game like this would make a huge difference.

When you make a poll, I suggest you don't only compare "adding an option" vs "leaving it as it is". The fair comparison would be one option vs the other. If you offer the answer of adding an option, than most people will just flock to it, because... why not? And the "why not" is resources.
I am going to make a poll only on facts - "can you make 20 Minor sways stable w/o failing into Major or not?" - so this will be just a statistics, not my ideas.

I edited my post before yr answer but it seems you was earlier with quote.
So one more UBER counter proof:

Quote:
- best ever counter proof: LS in EA UFC 3 has Dead zone near 5' much tighter than LS, you can check it when walking (even bit tilting make a sygnal), and i NEVER saw any "spring back" and even now when trying to do it specially - i.e. no accidental steps or walking!!! If you have problems with RS with his 30' dead zone, then you must have huge problems with LS right NOW.
Solid, do you have problems with LS??
Old 05-19-2018, 12:47 PM   #31
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
I am going to make a poll only on facts - "can you make 20 Minor sways stable w/o failing into Major or not?" - so this will be just a statistics, not my ideas.

I edited my post before yr answer but it seems you was earlier with quote.
So one more UBER counter proof:
I haven't tested if backlash can cause a minor lunge. Do we get minor lunges from short flicks?

And I must say I'm surprised you're treating footwork and head movement as if they were similar things. Walking a tiny bit here or there is very difefrent from performing a lean. This is much like the point I was making about shooters. Do you think they just randomly went with 5 and 30, or that they picked 30 for a reason?

Also, you're not implying that the backlash example in the video isn't a backlash, are you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2018, 12:56 PM   #32
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
I haven't tested if backlash can cause a minor lunge. Do we get minor lunges from short flicks?

And I must say I'm surprised you're treating footwork and head movement as if they were similar things. Walking a tiny bit here or there is very difefrent from performing a lean. This is much like the point I was making about shooters. Do you think they just randomly went with 5 and 30, or that they picked 30 for a reason?

Also, you're not implying that the backlash example in the video isn't a backlash, are you?
I am not talking about lunges, Walking will be from little clicks too.

You dont need to test it.
IF you never have problems with LS moves (which 100% has tightest Dead zone not more than 5') as i understood - you can be sure that there will not be problems with RS 5' Dead zone causing back spring.

This is a PROOF that you will not get accidental Sway because of back spring when dead zone RS will be 5'.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »