Home

Content Update #6 - Gameplay Changes

This is a discussion on Content Update #6 - Gameplay Changes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2018, 04:08 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Content Update #6 - Gameplay Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Dare I say the next one will be the biggest? No, I'm not allowed to say that.
You're a mad man.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:09 PM   #58
Pro

Ok after further review, I found some legitimate “issues” regarding denials within the new cage TD mechanics.

I say “issues” because the denials are still scientifically possible, but highly unlikely even with the best players.

Basically, from cage TD position, the SUB fighter is gonna have it real tough with denials. For simplicity, I’ll just bullet point reasons why:

- Denial input directions change entirely based upon the STANCE (orthodox/southpaw) of the DOM fighter when they shot the takedown.

- Denial inputs change based upon which side of the screen you’re on (left or right).

- No matter what side of the screen you’re on, double legs are always finished pushing the RS AWAY from your opponent, and single legs are finished by pressing the stick TOWARDS your opponent. This applies to center of the octagon, or against the cage. The defender does not need to know these directions to deny takedowns in open space; RT+down defends all. However, against the cage, the defender DOES need to know (and match) the DOM’s input directions to successfully deny. Meaning against the cage, single legs are defended with the right stick away from your opponent, and doubles are defended with RS towards them.

- So as I stated earlier, takedown denials from against the cage positions are consistent, REGARDLESS of stance/side of the screen; singles are ALWAYS denied with RS away from opponent (towards you), doubles towards opponent (away from you). However, the other transitions are where things get confusing.

- Elaborating on the last sentence there. (Still from cage TD position) Double underhooks and bodylock high, which share the same input/denial direction and tell, change directions based upon stance, but NOT side of screen.

- So if I’m orthodox, and drive my opponent into the cage TD position, the subsequent double under and bodylock slam transitions are “left”. If I shoot from southpaw, the double under and bodylock transitions are now “right”. Meaning my opponent would need to deny right to stop the bodylock slam. Yet if I shot from orthodox, the same slam would need to be defended with a left input.

-This is quite problematic for the SUB fighter, as the denial inputs for both the overhook and slam transitions change based on the stance of your opponent. What makes it worse, is the TD denials NEVER change. So in some cases, all 4 transitions (power and normal double leg, underhooks and slam) are all denied the same direction. Yet in other cases, 2 are left, and 2 are right.

Tested and confirmed examples (all from cage double leg TD position):
-If DOM fighter is SOUTHPAW and on RIGHT side of screen, all 4 SUB denials are denied the same (RT/R2+right on RS)
-If DOM fighter is ORTHODOX and on LEFT side of screen, all 4 are also denied the same (RT/R2+left on RS).
Old 05-31-2018, 04:09 PM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Dare I say the next one will be the biggest? No, I'm not allowed to say that.
Wait what?!?!?

Can we at least get an idea if it’s grappling /striking based or possibly both again?
Old 05-31-2018, 04:20 PM   #60
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

Not that there isn't anything left to patch, but what's left to patch?
I can't think of anything now really.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:20 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Wait what?!?!?

Can we at least get an idea if it’s grappling /striking based or possibly both again?
Probably a fighter overhaul, tweaking minor things the game feels good right now possibly a new grappling positions lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2018, 04:21 PM   #62
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCFreak1220
Probably a fighter overhaul, tweaking minor things the game feels good right now possibly a new grappling positions lol

I would LOVE new grappling positions.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:22 PM   #63
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Reticulan1
Not that there isn't anything left to patch, but what's left to patch?
I can't think of anything now really.
Once the game is in a pretty balanced place, there's a bunch of "fun" stuff I want to add. But the focus will remain on balanced for as long as necessary.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:23 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Reticulan1
I would LOVE new grappling positions.
Seated cage would be amazing.

I do wish the clinch was addressed. Something to make it more dynamic. Single collar strikes doing more damage. Momentum transitions based on player movement. Speed up the pushing/pulling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »