Home

New impossible to beat spam, and it's making me want to quit the game!

This is a discussion on New impossible to beat spam, and it's making me want to quit the game! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2018, 03:38 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New impossible to beat spam, and it's making me want to quit the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
The way it should work is that the person throwing the side step misses and has to take some time to regain the balance, leaving you an opportunity to land a hook. Also, it should be much harder to land while a person is circling (similar to the way that front kicks are very hard to land on sideways moving opponents),
Yeah, a lot of things wrong with that strike. If only the counter window would be enough to return my own round house leg kick, that exploit would be over in no time.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:54 PM   #18
Rookie

I signed up for this forum in February specifically to ask about this kick. This is from 2/10/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM584
Posted this in another thread but applies here too-

is the knee stomp punishable? You can't check it or catch it.

I had Glover vs a Jones user and he probably threw about 200 of these. I blocked a ton and tried to counter but Glover is too slow and Jones could usually get an uppercut to keep me away before I could get inside and land.

head strikes you can slip and punish, body kicks you can catch, body punches you can counter, round leg kicks you can check - what's the answer to these?
Old 07-05-2018, 06:11 PM   #19
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

The stamina drain does need to be fixed, guessed it got lost in the shuffle. But nobody ever victimizes me with this kick. When they try, I just glue to them and stay in their face. The kick is only good if the guy has some space. If you keep him in a phone booth you can blow him the hell up on startup. It also only really does damage if it catches you in the middle of a strike (vuln). So if you are blowing up their head when they do this and they're catching your leg occasionally, you usually will win the trade. And you can always change stances, whereas they only have one head (lol).
Old 07-05-2018, 09:26 PM   #20
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
The stamina drain does need to be fixed, guessed it got lost in the shuffle. But nobody ever victimizes me with this kick. When they try, I just glue to them and stay in their face. The kick is only good if the guy has some space. If you keep him in a phone booth you can blow him the hell up on startup. It also only really does damage if it catches you in the middle of a strike (vuln). So if you are blowing up their head when they do this and they're catching your leg occasionally, you usually will win the trade. And you can always change stances, whereas they only have one head (lol).
Conor McGregor says otherwise :c Tough in the booth against a character with 99 accuracy and hellacious power. Don't get me wrong, I've beaten Conor's regularly with Aldo/Edgar, but when you try to close distance, or even walk forward, it's a heck ton of damage. Once they get both legs messed up, it's pretty much gg. Try to throw some hooks while they're in front of you? *tap* You're down. Leg kicks can't get spammed at least due to the fear of checking, but the oblique kick is the SAFEST by far. The one method you have of avoiding it, which is side stepping it, leaves you super vulnerable to the leg kicks. Oh and, if you side step the oblique kick say from somebody who has the spin kick that comes out at 1000 miles per hour, gg.

If I wanted to, I could play as Conor, follow this method, deny every grappling attempt, and cheese my way to the #1 spot no problem. No fear of stand up exchanges being that I have freakish power, and I can tear up their legs, once they worry about the legs, punch them a few times and continue to oblique them to death.
Same with Yoel, who has the grappling and power to overwhelm anybody that tries. Holloway has the oblique then spin kick. Etc etc.

G_O_A_T1099 and I have tried everything to try to stop a player doing everything above in practice mode, and it fails.
Contrary to what GPD says, there is no free overhand if you backstep the oblique kick. It can be blocked if they take a simple step back.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 07-05-2018 at 11:28 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:32 AM   #21
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

What if once you throw the same strike a certain number of times, in x amount of time, it would increase its vulnerability thereafter for a short window, to simulate the fact that in real life fighters have a lot more tells that will give them away if they become too predictable.

Or instead of the added vulnerability there could be a larger counter winodw or a speed penalty (again only once they meet the criteria above).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2018, 02:45 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Conor McGregor says otherwise :c Tough in the booth against a character with 99 accuracy and hellacious power. Don't get me wrong, I've beaten Conor's regularly with Aldo/Edgar, but when you try to close distance, or even walk forward, it's a heck ton of damage. Once they get both legs messed up, it's pretty much gg. Try to throw some hooks while they're in front of you? *tap* You're down. Leg kicks can't get spammed at least due to the fear of checking, but the oblique kick is the SAFEST by far. The one method you have of avoiding it, which is side stepping it, leaves you super vulnerable to the leg kicks. Oh and, if you side step the oblique kick say from somebody who has the spin kick that comes out at 1000 miles per hour, gg.

If I wanted to, I could play as Conor, follow this method, deny every grappling attempt, and cheese my way to the #1 spot no problem. No fear of stand up exchanges being that I have freakish power, and I can tear up their legs, once they worry about the legs, punch them a few times and continue to oblique them to death.
Same with Yoel, who has the grappling and power to overwhelm anybody that tries. Holloway has the oblique then spin kick. Etc etc.

G_O_A_T1099 and I have tried everything to try to stop a player doing everything above in practice mode, and it fails.
Contrary to what GPD says, there is no free overhand if you backstep the oblique kick. It can be blocked if they take a simple step back.
Yeah, Conor tends to be the worst example of it. Max Holloway can be a problem too because of his stamina and his ability to combo it into a spinning heel kick, so if you commit too much to block you might eat a spinning heel kick that comes out at jab speed. Yoel Romero also is pretty annoying with it.

The only advice that has worked is to make it a grappling match with Conor. If you can't do that then the match is pretty much done at that point. With the recent patch it's been a lot easier to get takedowns, but this strike is still wayyy too OP and needs nerfing.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:58 AM   #23
Rookie

mr420_qq's Arena

Lol IF you are F-C-B... You are using that tactic all the time yourself

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-06-2018, 04:26 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
Real fighters get mad about this kick too. The issue is that there is no way to “block” or check this kick, it has to be avoided, which costs stamina.

Side stepping works but your right its hard to time and then they’ll just start mixing in hooks because you can’t lunge and block your head at the same time in this game.
It only works against side stance like Wonderboy. You can't block it that's true, but there is many ways to counter the kick. Shevchenko did it against Holm & Namajunas did it against Waterson.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »