Home

New impossible to beat spam, and it's making me want to quit the game!

This is a discussion on New impossible to beat spam, and it's making me want to quit the game! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2018, 06:28 AM   #25
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New impossible to beat spam, and it's making me want to quit the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankoz
It only works against side stance like Wonderboy. You can't block it that's true, but there is many ways to counter the kick. Shevchenko did it against Holm & Namajunas did it against Waterson.
https://youtu.be/DvpwN21QcGk

This video was interesting.

Anywho, The check doesn't even have to be clean, so long as it slides off your leg or doesn't catch you with the weight on it. Doesn't seem like it should draining the amount of stamina it does when you try to defend it, and that forward rushing rushing combo should be what you're able to do if you successfully check/side step the oblique kick, rather than get poked to death.

So this idea that the oblique kick can't get checked is ridiculous to me. Maybe not damaging like the regular check, BUT their foot will either hit your shin or bent knee. Way better than the alternative.

Oblique kicks can also be countered with teeps quite well if the kick is coming from the rear leg (Jones Vs. Rampage style, but I rarely see people doing that). Again, you're catching him off balance, so bracing your balance and countering with a solid teep will even push him to the ground. If they could add that feature with teep kicks against oblique kicks, or extra vulnerability, that can work too.

*Edit*: From Jack Slack : "a good rule when dealing with low kicks is to pick the leg up, make sure it's bent, and point your knee and the front of your shin towards the kick. You'll take the brunt on the hardest part of your shin, and if your leg is bent and your foot off the floor, there is no chance of hyper extending your knee. It's the difference between attempting to break a board that is braced at both ends, and a board which is suspended from one end and free to move around."

Shouldn't be too hard to get an animation like that, that doesn't drain an absurd amount of stamina. It'd be different if you could use more angles in this game, but that isn't the case.

https://gfycat.com/IncompatibleAdolescentGiantschnauzer

The first takedown scored on Jones in his entire career came as Gustafsson parried one of Jones' straight kicks and capitalized. Even Jon Jones can't give up dominant positions so easily, and following this counter he threw his straight kicks far less frequently.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 07-06-2018 at 06:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2018, 09:05 AM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr420_qq
Lol IF you are F-C-B... You are using that tactic all the time yourself

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Operation Sports mobile app
Yes I am, and I was for A good 3 days, then I realised how frustrating it must be and I've stopped, you think I'd be asking for it to be stopped if I was still spamming?

Also with Thompson, if you're close enough for knee range, if you input the Leg kick he does a super fast knee to the body which absolutely destroyed your stamina.. Needs addressing.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:21 PM   #27
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCBstef1990
Yes I am, and I was for A good 3 days, then I realised how frustrating it must be and I've stopped, you think I'd be asking for it to be stopped if I was still spamming?

Also with Thompson, if you're close enough for knee range, if you input the Leg kick he does a super fast knee to the body which absolutely destroyed your stamina.. Needs addressing.
The body knee is ridiculously OP considering not everyone even has it.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:29 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
The body knee is ridiculously OP considering not everyone even has it.
Yeah it doesnt make any sense. If you imput a rear front kick from close distance, it will throw a knee. Thats logic. Same motion.
A lead side kick to the leg transforming into a lead knee (without the switch) is absurd.
Another thing I noticed is when you are rocked and can throw "lazy" strikes, if you imput the rear knee, the fighter will throw a drunk leg kick. WTF.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:05 AM   #29
Pro

Fix this bull**** now

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-10-2018, 01:37 PM   #30
Rookie

In a related issue has anyone noticed that when you back lunge away from a leg kick and it misses by like 5 yards it doesn't make a sound or look like it landed but it drains your leg health down to almost nothing? Most of the time that I get leg health events it is in this scenario where the leg kick doesn't even actually land. It's like a broken animation or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »