Home

Buff Dan Hooker.

This is a discussion on Buff Dan Hooker. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2018, 01:46 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Buff Dan Hooker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Zabit fought last week so we could update him. If you paid attention, we typically only update fighters after a fight (with rare exceptions). Hooker's switch stance isnt one of them.

Regarding your they dont want to be wrong so they only buff 1-2 points....well:

Here are just some examples from the Boise event:

Scoggins: Footwork plus 4 (88), Switch Stance plus 7 (89), Strike Speed plus 3 (87)

Dos Santos: Strike speed minus 4 (93)

Northcutt: Toughness plus 4 (87)

Elkins: Sub D plus 4 (89)

Wineland: footwork plus 3 (89), chin strength plus 3 (87)

Now thats just one event. I could easily find other big jumps if I had the time.

Instead of creating theories about why we havent buffed him more maybe you should just take me at my word.

He was originally rated low because of his performances at FW and attempts to balance the roster for online ranked players.

He then ran off 3 wins over decent talent and we buffed him. We didnt go all out and buff him to a top 10 LW because the devs and I dont think his performances justify that buff. We are willing to wait until the Barboza fight and then reevaluate his stats for the second time.

I understand that some people disagree with that approach. Thats fine but its not likely to change anything. So that should be pretty much the end of the convo.

Its not about us being wrong. We've been wrong alot. That happens when you have 250 fighters to rate and have no idea how the meta of the game is going to play out. We've done our best to address those errors and fix them and will continue to do so.
I understand what you mean man. You guys did buff hooker a lot from what he started at but someone skipped over the switch stat that could easily be 90-95. Kind of like how Kelvin has blasted many people in a row but has 89 power( yes I know he is really fast though). I just bring up points to keep them relevant. I think there's just some inconsistency in what impresses you all. Zabit beating nobodies and he gets great stats across the board. Anybody else who isn't hyped up beats a bunch of lower tier fighters extremely convincingly and he gets somewhat ehhhhhh stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 02:08 PM   #42
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
I understand what you mean man. You guys did buff hooker a lot from what he started at but someone skipped over the switch stat that could easily be 90-95. Kind of like how Kelvin has blasted many people in a row but has 89 power( yes I know he is really fast though). I just bring up points to keep them relevant. I think there's just some inconsistency in what impresses you all. Zabit beating nobodies and he gets great stats across the board. Anybody else who isn't hyped up beats a bunch of lower tier fighters extremely convincingly and he gets somewhat ehhhhhh stats.
We can only judge what we've seen. Zabit has 4 UFC fights. He's looked great in all 4 fights and has shown that he is a very good well rounded fighter.

We have more information on Hooker. We have 10 fights. His looked great in his last 4 and the Eddiva fight. He also had average outings against 3 FWs.
What you guys want us to do is forget Hooker's past FW fights. You want us to buff him to a top 10 LW fighter off of those wins.

If Zabit had 2 losses out of his first 3 fights and then went on to win 4 in a row, he likely would have lower stats. He doesnt so we judge what we can.

The Switch Stance thing is an oversight and it will likely get fixed after the Barbosa fight win or lose.

Anyway, it is what it is. Honestly, its kind of a waste of time to bring up a stat adjustment when the fighter doesnt have a fight coming up soon. I'm focused on the Russia and Sao Paulo cards. If there is a suggestion that you guys have for a guy on one of those cards, let me know.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:16 PM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
We can only judge what we've seen. Zabit has 4 UFC fights. He's looked great in all 4 fights and has shown that he is a very good well rounded fighter.

We have more information on Hooker. We have 10 fights. His looked great in his last 4 and the Eddiva fight. He also had average outings against 3 FWs.
What you guys want us to do is forget Hooker's past FW fights. You want us to buff him to a top 10 LW fighter off of those wins.

If Zabit had 2 losses out of his first 3 fights and then went on to win 4 in a row, he likely would have lower stats. He doesnt so we judge what we can.

The Switch Stance thing is an oversight and it will likely get fixed after the Barbosa fight win or lose.

Anyway, it is what it is. Honestly, its kind of a waste of time to bring up a stat adjustment when the fighter doesnt have a fight coming up soon. I'm focused on the Russia and Sao Paulo cards. If there is a suggestion that you guys have for a guy on one of those cards, let me know.
I basically just bring it up just in case it makes any kind of a difference. I agree with most of the ratings in the game there are just a few on maybe like 5-10 fighters that I would think should not be what they are currently. I'm not a hardcore fan boy of crappy fighters and randomly try to ask for buffs for them. I've been a UFC fan for close to 10 years and love analyzing fighters skills and what they are and are not good at.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:22 PM   #44
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
I basically just bring it up just in case it makes any kind of a difference. I agree with most of the ratings in the game there are just a few on maybe like 5-10 fighters that I would think should not be what they are currently. I'm not a hardcore fan boy of crappy fighters and randomly try to ask for buffs for them. I've been a UFC fan for close to 10 years and love analyzing fighters skills and what they are and are not good at.
Continue to do that. I appreciate it. There are a few people here who regulalry send me suggestions for stats after each event. Do I agree with all of them? No but there are times where I missed something and that persons note led to a change.

My only point is that your best shot at getting a fighter changed is immediately after when that fighter has fought.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:23 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShogunRua
That is all.
I don't understand why every fighter in the game needs to have stats in the high 80's-mid 90's. It's kind of ridiculous. The ratings system is bad enough since unless there's like a 10 point difference, they all play the exact same way and most of the fighters in the game only have like a 3-5 point difference between them. Oh Overeem has a glassjaw. Put his rating at an 86? Wouldn't like a 73-78 be way more plausible than a fking 86 rating for a glassjaw?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 03:36 PM   #46
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocohunter
I don't understand why every fighter in the game needs to have stats in the high 80's-mid 90's. It's kind of ridiculous. The ratings system is bad enough since unless there's like a 10 point difference, they all play the exact same way and most of the fighters in the game only have like a 3-5 point difference between them. Oh Overeem has a glassjaw. Put his rating at an 86? Wouldn't like a 73-78 be way more plausible than a fking 86 rating for a glassjaw?
Its not just the numbers. Its how they are weighed. An 86 chin on a scale from 80-100 is pretty below average and he has a below average chin in the game.

You may think it needs to be lower though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »