Home

Should Anthony smith be in the game?

This is a discussion on Should Anthony smith be in the game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should anthony smith and ben askren be in the game?
Yes 22 88.00%
No 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2019, 06:35 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Should Anthony smith be in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
To clarify, GPD stated here that there are no current plans for any more patches. Given that there are no current plans and patches are the only way to add new fighters.....that means no new fighters

On another note, no MMA game has ever had a completely current roster during its lifespan. People were making the same complaints about Will Brooks being missing from ufc 2 as they are about Askren. The rosters of the THQ games were far from updated either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They also didnt have the financial might of ea sports and still had a better ground game. This is next gen. Expectations are higher. If were stiill comparing to ud3 3 renditions in that means the series has failed to meet what fans want in an mma game. For as loyal of a fanbase as we are we should get everything we ask for. If thq jumped off a bridge i guess that means its okay for ea to do it? We need current fighters because thats whats expected from next gen games or any game calling itself complete. Now we have to wait for ufc 4 while we have can fighters as roster updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2019, 07:18 PM   #42
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
They also didnt have the financial might of ea sports and still had a better ground game. This is next gen. Expectations are higher. If were stiill comparing to ud3 3 renditions in that means the series has failed to meet what fans want in an mma game. For as loyal of a fanbase as we are we should get everything we ask for. If thq jumped off a bridge i guess that means its okay for ea to do it? We need current fighters because thats whats expected from next gen games or any game calling itself complete. Now we have to wait for ufc 4 while we have can fighters as roster updates.
Why are we talking about the "ground game"? LOL. My point is there has never been a combat sports game with an "complete" roster. The roster is too fluid and the resources alloted to combat sports games are too small for that to happen.

I'll give you a little newsflash. I dont know who is going to be on the roster in UFC 4 but I promise you.....the UFC 4 roster wont be "complete". I expect that it will be bigger. I expect that there will be more fighters. With that said, there will still be missing fighters.

There will be some fan favorite fighter who is on the cusp of getting cut who they wont add.

Some fighter that is well known from his minor league stint and who had a great debut who wont be there at release.

Some vet who isnt that popular and who hasnt appeared in any UFC game but has been on the roster for 5 yrs who wont be in the game.

I'm not making excuses for them. Its just reality. Their art resources arent significant and they likely wont be. So that means that all 500 plus UFC fighters wont likely be in the game.

Given that this matters to you alot, you have high expectations and dont buy games impulsively, I assume that means that we wont see you here posting about the next game at release, right?
Old 02-20-2019, 07:25 PM   #43
Banned

How about we scrap ufc 4 and make this game better?
Old 02-20-2019, 07:34 PM   #44
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
How about we scrap ufc 4 and make this game better?
Nah. EA is a corporation. Corporations and its shareholders need and like money. They need to create new games in order to maximize their profits.

Regarding UFC 3, I'm ready to move on. I like the game. It isnt perfect. All of my favorite fighters arent in it. But I like it. I dont feel the need to have them try to improve this game that I've been playing for almost 2 yrs (I first played it in August of 17). I'm ready for something new.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:39 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Why are we talking about the "ground game"? LOL. My point is there has never been a combat sports game with an "complete" roster. The roster is too fluid and the resources alloted to combat sports games are too small for that to happen.

I'll give you a little newsflash. I dont know who is going to be on the roster in UFC 4 but I promise you.....the UFC 4 roster wont be "complete". I expect that it will be bigger. I expect that there will be more fighters. With that said, there will still be missing fighters.

There will be some fan favorite fighter who is on the cusp of getting cut who they wont add.

Some fighter that is well known from his minor league stint and who had a great debut who wont be there at release.

Some vet who isnt that popular and who hasnt appeared in any UFC game but has been on the roster for 5 yrs who wont be in the game.

I'm not making excuses for them. Its just reality. Their art resources arent significant and they likely wont be. So that means that all 500 plus UFC fighters wont likely be in the game.

Given that this matters to you alot, you have high expectations and dont buy games impulsively, I assume that means that we wont see you here posting about the next game at release, right?
Ill probably play it but its going to feel like ive been taken advantage of in some way. I brought up the ground game because you compared the roster to ud3 which was LAST gen with more features that are benchmarks not met in this series and a very bad comparison to make. That was very clear.

You just deflected because its a point that shuts down any excuse your making(when someone says "im not trying to do this" its a manipulation tactic. Just so they can not be confronted on it) I understand your friends with the owner of this board. But thats the exact reason you shouldnt be trusted and the same reason your a gc. No insults. Just stating my opinion.

We need a complete roster like madden has. We shouldnt change our expectations because its ufc. By your logic benched players shouldnt be in madden.

Last edited by 1212headkick; 02-20-2019 at 07:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2019, 07:56 PM   #46
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Ill probably play it but its going to feel like ive been taken advantage of in some way. I brought up the ground game because you compared the roster to ud3 which was LAST gen with more features that are benchmarks not met in this series and a very bad comparison to make. That was very clear.

You just deflected because its a point that shuts down any excuse your making(when someone says "im not trying to do this" its a manipulation tactic. Just so they can not be confronted on it) I understand your friends with the owner of this board. But thats the exact reason you shouldnt be trusted and the same reason your a gc. No insults. Just stating my opinion.

We need a complete roster like madden has. We shouldnt change our expectations because its ufc.
That comparison wasnt clear at all. I was talking about the roster. This thread is about the roster. I brought up THQ's rosters because there has never been a combat sports game with a complete roster. Its not just an EA thing.

Its not a manipultion tactic. I'm addressing you with facts. Its a fact that no combat sports game has ever had a "complete roster". Its a fact that EA UFC's art resources are small and are shared with other teams.

Now you want to get personal. Thats cool. I can do that too. I'm a GC because GPD liked my the information I provided for UFC 1 here on ways to improve offline and AI. Thats it. He had EA reach out to me because of that to join the team. You would know that if you knew this board's history. You dont because you are just some guy who started posting here less than a year ago. You dont know **** so I'm not surprised you created some ******* theory about why I'm a GC.

Speaking of ******* theories, lets start with "we need a complete roster just like Madden". EA could absolutely do that. Madden has actual face scans for maybe 40-50% of the roster. Tattoos for maybe 3 or 4 players. Bodytypes that are regularly wrong.

The fact that you bring up Madden is laughable. Why? Because if EA added just added a generic white dude with an afro and said "Introducing Ben Askren", you would be the first one bitching that EA's Askren doesnt look like Ben Askren. Madden is the worst ****ing example you couldve chosen but I'm not shocked that you would actually choose the worst ****ing example based on your posting history.

NBA 2k would be a better example but even they arent perfect. There is a good 10% of the roster that doesnt have face scans or even look like the person they are in real life. Now most people dont care because those players are low level players.

So yes EA could do what they do with Madden but all that would do is change your bitching from missing fighters to "The fighters dont look like themselves".

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »