Home

UFC 3 input delay (made worse by taller fighters)

This is a discussion on UFC 3 input delay (made worse by taller fighters) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2019, 10:32 AM   #1
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

OVR: 0
UFC 3 input delay (made worse by taller fighters)

Recorded a video today with my 6'4 Johnny Walker CAF, and in my fights I noticed that it felt REALLY unresponsive - I know online latency can make it worse so I hopped in practice mode to see what was up, and man, the delay is crazy. Even though this game has 33.3ms of delay by default, the extra frame delay on tall fighters makes them feel so, so bad sometimes.

My question is, why is this game not running at a true 60fps for the background simulation, in a game where timing is everything? Each Undisputed game ran at 60, I find it unacceptable that the three EA UFC games don't either. Responsiveness and controls should be at the forefront, then graphics after. I just wish the graphics were stripped back on base consoles to hit a true 60fps, which would alleviate many of my gripes with this game's sluggish controls.

PLEASE devs, please let UFC 4 run at a 60fps for the background sim AND the game.

Here's a video I captured on my phone, demonstrating the delay with my button presses visible. On a 1080p monitor too, so there's low delay on that.

Last edited by TheUFCVeteran; 03-03-2019 at 03:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2019, 01:49 PM   #2
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Re: UFC 3 input delay (made worse by taller fighters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
Recorded a video today with my 6'4 Johnny Walker CAF, and in my fights I noticed that it felt REALLY unresponsive - I know online latency can make it worse so I hopped in practice mode to see what was up, and man, the delay is crazy. Even though this game has 33.3ms of delay by default, the extra frame delay on tall fighters makes them feel so, so bad sometimes.

My question is, why is this game not running at a true 60fps for the background simulation, in a game where timing is everything? Each Undisputed game ran at 60, I find it unacceptable that the three EA UFC games don't either. Responsiveness and controls should be at the forefront, then graphics after. I just wish the graphics were stripped back on base consoles to hit a true 60fps, which would alleviate many of my gripes with this game's sluggish controls.

PLEASE devs, please let UFC 4 run at a 60fps for the background sim AND the game.

Here's a video I captured on my phone, demonstrating the delay with my button presses visible. On a 1080p monitor too, so low delay on that.

We can render at 60 hz on the pro/S because of the extra horsepower, but we need to be able to have those games play online against the lower end versions of the consoles, so we're stuck with 30Hz as long as that requirement stands.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:24 PM   #3
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
We can render at 60 hz on the pro/S because of the extra horsepower, but we need to be able to have those games play online against the lower end versions of the consoles, so we're stuck with 30Hz as long as that requirement stands.
I know, I know - it’s for the best in this scenario, but I wish you guys would’ve stripped the graphics back on base consoles to achieve 60fps for the simulation on both consoles. Would help tremendously with responsiveness.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:38 PM   #4
Rookie

Why do we have to buy PRO again to meet our 60FPS needs?

Everyone knows xboxone is bad, must be limited to 30FPS
But our PS4 doesn't need to follow it.

We know PS4 lower end versions of the consoles can do 60fps
if unlock fps limit, and do some patch and fix
Turn off some effects

60fps is very important in sports games
i dont understand, u team use 30fps in game 6 years more...

Last edited by martialxd; 03-01-2019 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:08 PM   #5
Rookie

It's mind-bogglingly bad considering they actually add input lag on top of what's inherently there in the engine and what online lag contributes to simulate the heavier fighters, but people like UFC enough to play it regardless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2019, 08:59 AM   #6
Rookie

i don't think it's lag or fps delay or anything, i think it's because of how much slower fighters are above like.. WW or MW, once you get into MW-LHW-HW theres a bit of a delay because the fighters are slower.

for example in UT if i have a looping cross on all my fighters and go to throw a 1-2 the looping cross comes out every time on my LW and WBW fighters, but my MW and HW guys don't always throw the looping cross, sometimes it comes out as a normal straight, you have to like have a little pause after the jab if you want the looping to come out.

and height does affect it too though, because i have an elite balanced whittaker (6'0) and an elite balanced CAF (6'3) both at MW and whittaker feels a lot smoother and faster, his looping cross will come out every time after a jab, but i have to time it on my CAF if i want the looping to come out, even if they have the same exact stats.

Last edited by SKITZADACTYL; 03-04-2019 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:07 PM   #7
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Do any of you ever have matches where strikes simply won't come out? This is the worst for me when you're just trying to throw a single shot and your fighter just stands there. I also had a match recently using Yair, where the 3 would never come out when throwing a 1-2-3. This scenario happens to me more than I'd like to see and I'm not really sure what to chalk it up to.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 03-04-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:15 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Do any of you ever have matches where strikes simply won't come out? This is the worst for me when you're just trying to throw a single shot and your fighter just stands there. I also had a match recently using Yair, that the 3 would never come out when throwing a 1-2-3. This scenario happens to me more than I'd like to see and I'm not really sure what to chalk it up to.
This happens to me all of the time. It wont even be an uppercut or a teep kick to the body (WHICH STUPIDLY REQUIRES 4 INPUTS)....

I can throw a damn straight and sometimes my guy will just stand there like nothing happened.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »