Home

A question for knee ,elbow ,spinning elbow spammers

This is a discussion on A question for knee ,elbow ,spinning elbow spammers within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2019, 01:25 PM   #33
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A question for knee ,elbow ,spinning elbow spammers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
I was trying to tell him that when you duck the elbow sometimes it will track you .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Oh. That clarifies it. Thanks.

That depends on the height of the fighters, the head movement stat and how soon you duck. If your fighter is much taller, but you duck soon; the strike connects, but you don't take hit stun. I don't remember now if the damage is mitigated.
Old 06-29-2019, 02:11 AM   #34
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
The problem is you cant switch between high and low block fast enough.
It actually got sped up, so people alternate TOO fast and that's what messes them up, they bring their hands up before the animation even gets to their body.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:26 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
It actually got sped up, so people alternate TOO fast and that's what messes them up, they bring their hands up before the animation even gets to their body.
Im having a hard time with spinning elbow, not because is had to defend, because u just need to block or duck but because it only take one to rock you and damm... they are fast asf when chained
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2019, 09:33 PM   #36
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

I know there are ways to beat these guys and most times it even requires patience more than skill. But I was just reminded during this Minnefield fight on UFC now of an idea I had for certain spammers, balance. Literal balance, if people wanna spam spiny moves over and over & high power moves all fight, they should start to lose their balance and slip sometimes. It should be a risk spammers have to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-29-2019, 10:59 PM   #37
MVP

Anyways on the other side of things , I don't think I've ever seen Jon Jones throw his signature spinning elbow the way he does in real life( the arc is different like he did to guss ) or am I bugging ?

I know Jones can't even do that from the clinch in UFC 3.

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-11-2020, 06:32 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
List them, what can't we use? You can clinch them to crowd them using the over under clinch, you can land the aforementioned straight, you can lunge out of the way, you can use the stiff arm retreat to get out of range and create distance, etc etc

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Just want folks to see this. Mind you, this guys is saying this is this thread yet makes a new one saying that knees are an issue. He didn’t think they were an issue when he was dismissing other players, just saying.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:18 PM   #39
Pro

If they knee elbow spam, you got two options: Play the counter game, so relax, make em whiff, counter with straights, work the body, distant management all that shiz that was already said. Or two, do it right back. Give them a taste of their own medicine. I usually go for option two. Depends what kind of mood I am also.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:19 PM   #40
MVP

What we need is a fix between the fluidity of clinching and striking. Clinching should not really be "initiated" into a grapple like grappling on the floor. Most fighters utilize knees and elbows in the clinch. Outside of the clinch, the range for landing these strikes should be much smaller, and it should be riskier.

Jones generally will tie up his opponents arms when lunging in for a knee. For elbows he generally takes more risk because of his massive reach. Generally speaking though, it should be hard to elbow or knee someone outside of the clinch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »