Home

Will there be a beta in Nov/Dec?

This is a discussion on Will there be a beta in Nov/Dec? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2019, 04:41 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Will there be a beta in Nov/Dec?

Why are we all acting like this normal , we've had to wait since Feb/March of last year for UFC 4. If at all this game is going to be released in the first quarter of next year it only makes sense that we should have had an announcement by now .

Some sort of schedule should be made public up until release .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-20-2019, 05:38 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
Why are we all acting like this normal , we've had to wait since Feb/March of last year for UFC 4. If at all this game is going to be released in the first quarter of next year it only makes sense that we should have had an announcement by now .

Some sort of schedule should be made public up until release .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Thats not true. EA Announced UFC 3 on November 1. and the release was Feb.2 (3 months) Beta came out in December. We are not far away from an announcement, if we take that as example and the EA UFC release cycle went from April to March to February. I expect an announcement in October and a release in late December/January.

Another hint that we might get some info soon, is that Geoff tweetet ''something'' about the game. Devs have always been pretty quiet, until a release date is about to be announced by EA.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:11 AM   #11
Banned

Also I played the FIFA 20 demo last week and man I havent played FIFA since FIFA 16 or 17, it was a fun experience. Unfortunately Im not really into Football games anymore, but Im really thinking about buying FIFA 20 or maybe get it as a X mas present. People who have access to a month or longer demo could feel the same about buying EA UFC 4. ''Side note'' FIFA 20 looked absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The stadiums, the crowd, the animations, so much detail in the game... too much to break down right now. We need all of that in EA UFC too.

FIFA Already has a huge player base, so why bring a demo every year? Cause it makes the base even bigger of course. That is what we need for EA UFC. Closed beta to fix what can be fixed in a week or 2 and then a demo after that. Thats what EA should do. Make this game great. Yeah its expensive, but MMA has become a huge sport on ESPN why arent they pushing it like other games... I dont know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2019, 06:41 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ragdoll Guy
Also I played the FIFA 20 demo last week and man I havent played FIFA since FIFA 16 or 17, it was a fun experience. Unfortunately Im not really into Football games anymore, but Im really thinking about buying FIFA 20 or maybe get it as a X mas present. People who have access to a month or longer demo could feel the same about buying EA UFC 4. ''Side note'' FIFA 20 looked absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The stadiums, the crowd, the animations, so much detail in the game... too much to break down right now. We need all of that in EA UFC too.

FIFA Already has a huge player base, so why bring a demo every year? Cause it makes the base even bigger of course. That is what we need for EA UFC. Closed beta to fix what can be fixed in a week or 2 and then a demo after that. Thats what EA should do. Make this game great. Yeah its expensive, but MMA has become a huge sport on ESPN why arent they pushing it like other games... I dont know.
FIFA games are pretty infamous for having demos that differ from the final product. People usually prefer the demo. At least that was the consensus when I paid attention.

I don't think betas are that effective for balancing the game unless there is something overbearingly OP which I don't think really was the case for UFC 3. All the "subtler" strats etc take time to develop and they evolve much quicker once the final product is out when people are playing the game more seriously and try to win. The UFC 3 beta was more of a honeymoon period where everyone just gushed over the game.

Not that I wouldn't want a beta lawl
Old 09-20-2019, 07:01 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:

Well let me tell you what I don't like about FIFA, as a FIFA 18 player, mostly offline, and someone who watches people play 19 and 20 online on YouTube.

— it's extremely arcadey: ping-pong football, you get to one goal to the other in 3 seconds, chance after chance after chance, and what's worse: goal after goal after goal. Just like UFC 3's rocks. Little to do with real football. Not to mention the way it looks and plays like a street football game when I'm watching "the best" go at it. Flicks and tricks galore, in all areas of the pitch. Pace is the most important thing. If a player is quick, he's good.

— scripted: the game often takes the wheel and decides when to glitch your player(s), or the opponent's, to help or get in the way of either one of you. You can't control 11 players the way you can control one UFC fighter. Defense is in the centre whenever the game wants it to be, it doesn't matter if you've chosen a Defensive Mentality. A defender freezes or trips at an opportune time. One guy is always there to play the opposition onside whenever the game needs it. Sometimes there is a button delay out of nowhere. Sometimes the players are machines on the pitch, other times these same players need three touches and a slow turn to control a ball. Oh, and you'll hit the woodwork many times, after which the opponent will score with their only shot or shots. All 3 of them, when you have had about 15. And many more. It's not that these things can't happen in real life, it's the pattern in which they happen. Watch enough videos and you'll see. You'll even experience it yourself, should you buy the game.

— decidedly pay to win: you can grind all you like, you likely won't ever play with the game's best players, unless it's FUT Draft. The rewards are bad to say the least, simply winning doesn't give you enough coins to make grinding worth it and even if you decide to pay to win...you often won't, as pack openings hardly guarantee anything. Going back to the scripting, even 95 rated players can derp out at anytime. You can constantly see 95 rated keepers who differ in no way to a 78 rated one. The scripting shall decide your fate.

— a myriad of hidden mechanics: if you think EA UFC is guilty of this, let me tell you it's got nothing on FIFA. There is no tutorial for in-depth stuff, and there's in-depth stuff you don't even know exists. I'm talking about not just making the most out of opportunities, I'm talking about extremely miniscule things that end up making a huge difference and there's no way you'll learn them by just playing. Now, you'll want to see how they're done after someone that knows about those does you. Watching tutorials from good players is your best bet here. By the way, it seems to me that all these elite FIFA players don't know much if anything about football. But they do know what works in the game and that's enough.

Now, FIFA is still the best game around if you want to immerse yourself in the world of football. I'm sorry, PES, but there's no other presentation like the FIFA presentation. PES definitely has its merits on the pitch, and I've played that a lot too, but the seemingly superficial cosmetics go a very long way. You need the stadiums, the atmosphere. These are not there in PES. Also, PES' commentary is extremely poor, the commentators are limited due to not being able to say most teams' names, and anyway, it's just wooden all round. On the pitch PES is pretty great though.

Offline is okay for FIFA, a perfectly functional Career Mode where you could lose days, even though longtime FIFA players always feel it could do with new features. But this obviously isn't Football Manager, so it's pretty good. I hope UFC's Career reaches such a level.

FIFA's story modes are extremely linear and scripted, I doubt you'll find much enjoyment there once you realise no decision you make actually matters.

To conclude this, I'd advise you to watch videos of people playing FIFA's different modes. There's lots of them Preferably good players, so that you'll see what a "high-level" FIFA experience is and that what I described earlier is absolutely valid for high-level play. Actually, this is where it's most valid. Just make up your own mind, don't take my word for it. I'm a football fan, I also play FIFA and always have, and have always enjoyed it. But that doesn't mean it's all good. Far from it.

Last edited by Kingslayer04; 09-24-2019 at 04:33 AM.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:20 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Well let me tell you what I don't like about FIFA, as a FIFA 18 player, mostly offline, and someone who watches people play 19 and 20 online on YouTube.

— it's extremely arcadey: ping-pong football, you get to one goal to the other in 3 seconds, chance after chance after chance, and what's worse: goal after goal after goal. Just like UFC 3's rocks. Little to do with real football. Not to mention the way it looks and plays like a street football game when I'm watching "the best" go at it. Flicks and tricks galore, in all areas of the pitch. Pace is the most important thing. If a player is quick, he's good.

— scripted: the game often takes the wheel and decides when to glitch your player(s), or the opponent's, to help or get in the way of either one of you. You can't control 11 players the way you can control one UFC fighter. Defense is in the centre whenever the game wants it to be, it doesn't matter if you've chosen a Defensive Mentality. A defender freezes or trips at an opportune time. One guy is always there to play the opposition onside whenever the game needs it. Sometimes there is a button delay out of nowhere. Sometimes the players are machines on the pitch, other times these same players need three touches and a slow turn to control a ball. Oh, and you'll hit the woodwork many times, after which the opponent will score with their only shot or shots. All 3 of them, when you have had about 15. And many more. It's not that these things can't happen in real life, it's the pattern in which they happen. Watch enough videos and you'll see. You'll even experience it yourself, should you buy the game.

— decidedly pay to win: you can grind all you like, you likely won't ever play with the game's best players, unless it's FUT Draft. The rewards are bad to say the least, simply winning doesn't give you enough coins to make grinding worth it and even if you decide to pay to win...you often won't, as pack openings hardly guarantee anything. Going back to the scripting, even 95 rated players can derp out at anytime. You can constantly see 95 rated keepers who differ in no way to a 78 rated one. The scripting shall decide your fate.

— a myriad of hidden mechanics: if you think EA UFC is guilty of this, let me tell you it's got nothing on FIFA. There is no tutorial for in-depth stuff, and there's in-depth stuff you don't even know exists. I'm talking about not just making the most out of opportunities, I'm talking about extremely miniscule things that end up making a huge difference and there's no way you'll learn them by just playing. Now, you'll want to see how they're done after someone that knows about those does you. Watching tutorials from good players is your best bet here. By the way, it seems to me that all these elite FIFA players don't know much if anything about football. But they do know what works in the game and that's enough.

Now, FIFA is still the best game around if you want to immerse yourself in the world of football. I'm sorry, PES, but there's no other presentation like the FIFA presentation. PES definitely has its merits on the pitch, and I've played that a lot too, but the seemingly superfluous cosmetics go a very long way. You need the stadiums, the atmosphere. These are not there in PES. Also, PES' commentary is extremely poor, the commentators are limited due to not being able to say most teams' names, and anyway, it's just wooden all round. On the pitch PES is pretty great though.

Offline is okay for FIFA, a perfectly functional Career Mode where you could lose days, even though longtime FIFA players always feel it could do with new features. But this obviously isn't Football Manager, so it's pretty good. I hope UFC's Career reaches such a level.

FIFA's story modes are extremely linear and scripted, I doubt you'll find much enjoyment there once you realise no decision you make actually matters.

To conclude this, I'd advise you to watch videos of people playing FIFA's different modes. There's lots of them Preferably good players, so that you'll see what a "high-level" FIFA experience is and that what I described earlier is absolutely valid for high-level play. Actually, this is where it's most valid. Just make up your own mind, don't take my word for it. I'm a football fan, I also play FIFA and always have, and have always enjoyed it. But that doesn't mean it's all good. Far from it.
Yep, You listed all the reasons why I stopped playing FIFA and actually why I stopped playing EA UFC 3... It all seems scripted is the worst of them. Especially the knockouts in UFC 3.

But I was just talking about the looks of the game, how beautiful the crowd interacts for example or the detail it provides. I only played the AI in a couple pro matches and it was fun. Demos bring new players to the game, thats fact.

You are absolutely right about FIFA 16-19. There is a reason why people dont want to play it anymore. It goes hand in hand with all other EA Sports title btw. Madden 20 also received a heavy ****storm for their game. Something needs to happen.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:32 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Yep, You listed all the reasons why I stopped playing FIFA and actually why I stopped playing EA UFC 3... It all seems scripted is the worst of them. Especially the knockouts in UFC 3.

But I was just talking about the looks of the game, how beautiful the crowd interacts for example or the detail it provides. I only played the AI in a couple pro matches and it was fun. Demos bring new players to the game, thats fact.

You are absolutely right about FIFA 16-19. There is a reason why people dont want to play it anymore. It goes hand in hand with all other EA Sports title btw. Madden 20 also received a heavy ****storm for their game. Something needs to happen.
Eh, nothing will happen. It's a huge money machine that's working perfectly fine. People like a fast-paced game, especially one that looks so good and lets them immerse themselves into the biggest sport in the world. It's understandable why nothing should change, at least from their point of view. I'm also playing the demo, by the way, and I am enjoying it.

As for UFC, I wouldn't say its in-the-cage gameplay is scripted. I do think it tries very hard to keep giving people chance after chance after chance to bounce back and tries not to punish them too hard for most things they may or may not do, but it's not through scripting, thankfully. I do hope that changes, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2019, 07:56 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Eh, nothing will happen. It's a huge money machine that's working perfectly fine. People like a fast-paced game, especially one that looks so good and lets them immerse themselves into the biggest sport in the world. It's understandable why nothing should change, at least from their point of view. I'm also playing the demo, by the way, and I am enjoying it.

As for UFC, I wouldn't say its in-the-cage gameplay is scripted. I do think it tries very hard to keep giving people chance after chance after chance to bounce back and tries not to punish them too hard for most things they may or may not do, but it's not through scripting, thankfully. I do hope that changes, though.
The Rock system is as you said very ping pong arcadey too in UFC 3. Clean knockouts a rather rare.

What about the hit detection mechanic, does it feel scripted to you? You dont think the hit detection in strike exchanges and the follow up reaction like knockdowns and knockouts are scripted in UFC 3? Its a script-fest imo. I felt it on the very first day, after release. It glitches out like crazy in certain strike exchanges, but people dont reconize it cause everyone's just using the same combos and punches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »