Home

GPD just retweeted this....

This is a discussion on GPD just retweeted this.... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2019, 12:24 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: GPD just retweeted this....

Also, what about for leg kicks? Like the kind that send your leg flying off to the side when it's hit, I wonder if somehow this tech could use the hip as an anchor almost, then let the leg jelly off and spring back into place. Think about someone with their leg in the air loosely and it gets kicked, pushing their leg off to the side. Perhaps a well timed inside leg kick for example. Then this tech kicks in and helps predict how it snaps back into place.

Thing would look so darn organic it's not even funny!

Imagine the replay system, if they've improved it, seeing a punch connect to a guy's face and watching their cheeks wobble about. Impacts would look truly next gen and I wonder if they had the physics system behind it, could they really calculate the damage done by a well timed strike somehow?

And then for grappling too, it could make things quite interesting. Imagine a RNC being applied on a dude, and depending on how well it's been sunk in, seeing their neck get squeezed or one of them triangle locks that people put on the opponent's torso, seeing the squeeze behind that.

Man, if the submissions were reworked somehow, to consider more the placement of the sub, not sure if by looking at stats or somehow allowing it to be player controlled be it either through timing OR manipulation using the stick(?) to move your arms properly in position?

I mean, what if once a submission is activated, the attackers controllers change completely, and all of a sudden the player is controlling the fighter's limbs, and perhaps for each sub there's 3 methods of sinking in the sub, and the fighter can choose which to get good at. My BJJ knowledge ain't quite there to comment, but I often hear Joe and co talking about how the fighter is sinking it in differently to how the usual dudes do it, like how OSP adjusted the arm to go behind his head for the Von Flu choke. I mean being able to manipulate individual limbs would be quite something, then throwing this tech into the mix and you could literally be sat there with an armbar thrown up, turn and yanking the opponent's arm in slightly different angles trying to properly get that point where it's sunk in.

Just like in BJJ, when you're training and trying to put a certain hold on, you know when you've got it. Perhaps this tech is the way to being able to allow subtle manipulations like that? Then subs would be much more about initiating a sub then figuring out how to sink it in, rather than initiating a sub and fighting a minigame. Like EA MMA, perhaps the subs would then go on for much longer than what we currently have.

And if there were such an organic system, players themselves could come up with clever transitions into other subs, or perhaps use it to sweep or whatever, if it's based somehow on physics?

No idea how on earth that would work in a game, but anyway, this tech is certainly interesting!

Create A Fighter Content:
YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
https://aydin-jewelz123.newgrounds.com/
Old 10-12-2019, 03:55 PM   #10
Rookie

Can you please answer my previous question of how you know it will be grappling focused? @ragdoll guy

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-21-2019, 11:53 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You know damn well I'm not and cant tell you what I know or have seen in the game. Even if I could it wouldnt really be accurate. I know things about what could be in the potential game but there is a lot more that I dont know so anything is possible.

With that said, I dont recall Geoff ever tweeting clues or spoilers before a game has been officially announced so I wouldnt run with stuff based on a tweet. It could just be something that Geoff finds interesting or tech they may use in a future game after UFC 4.
Please for the love of god bring back title mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2019, 10:18 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laygoz
Can you please answer my previous question of how you know it will be grappling focused? @ragdoll guy

I think he's just assuming. I hope he's right. Though I'm personally fine with both the striking and grappling system, it can always get better.

And the replay system definitely needs work. They're taking the key move (KO/sub) and just show it in 3 angles. In the case of a TKO it's not even the move that dropped 'em, just the finishing blow, which isn't what people want to see. For submissions you don't get the deciding takedown, just the tap. With no way to see it again, it's often a bummer.
Old 10-27-2019, 01:44 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
I think he's just assuming. I hope he's right. Though I'm personally fine with both the striking and grappling system, it can always get better.

And the replay system definitely needs work. They're taking the key move (KO/sub) and just show it in 3 angles. In the case of a TKO it's not even the move that dropped 'em, just the finishing blow, which isn't what people want to see. For submissions you don't get the deciding takedown, just the tap. With no way to see it again, it's often a bummer.
Yeah, maybe. He said it with certainty, though. Is why I don't understand & want to know.. he said for a fact, that the main focus is grappling.. I've seen nothing else of this & sucks he won't respond

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »