Home

Should GnP/takedowns be animated rather than mocap?

This is a discussion on Should GnP/takedowns be animated rather than mocap? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2019, 10:33 AM   #33
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Should GnP/takedowns be animated rather than mocap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedr1ver
You said "The "change engine" talk shouldve been suggested 12-18 mos ago. Its not gonna happen but it wouldve been alot more likely back then". The way its put seems like your saying it wasnt been brought up at the time but it was, that's all I'm saying lol.
Yes and that was in response to a post today about how the engine should be changed. I also made it clear that it was in response to saying today isnt the appropriate time to ask for it. If you are going to address it, address the post in full context.

****, I wont even get into how most of the people here dont even know what the hell they are talking about when they say they want a "new engine". I've heard that term used in connection with gameplay, movement, grappling, animations, knockouts....which doesnt really help if you are trying to ask the devs for a clear change.

Anyway, carry on.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:50 AM   #34
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
I think they are using in mainly down to physics more than anything.
Actually...they arent. They have used the term for multiple things in the game. With that said, that isnt even the term that is most used here.

Most people here suggest changes in "systems" not "engines" which kind of hurts the argument that there has been this widely known support for a new engine for years. I've seen references to switching to the "frostbite engine" but those have been sporadic.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:39 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Actually...they arent. They have used the term for multiple things in the game. With that said, that isnt even the term that is most used here.

Most people here suggest changes in "systems" not "engines" which kind of hurts the argument that there has been this widely known support for a new engine for years. I've seen references to switching to the "frostbite engine" but those have been sporadic.
Your trying to make an argument when there isnt one haha. It's been fairly constant people have been asking for changes in physics etc throughout the game, engine included.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2019, 12:08 PM   #36
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Your trying to make an argument when there isnt one haha. It's been fairly constant people have been asking for changes in physics etc throughout the game, engine included.
Haha...im not.

You are trying to change what you said. You claimed that engines "have been discussed all the time" and now you are changing it to "physics have been talked about all the time".

You clearly dont know what you are talking about. Take ragdoll KOs. UFC 2 and UFC 3 are on the same engine....the ignite engine. Yet they have significantly different KO physics. So there isnt always a correlation between a new engine and 'physics".

If you are going to ask for something, you need to be able to speak about it clearly and intelligently so the devs can understand what you want.

Last edited by aholbert32; 12-05-2019 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:24 PM   #37
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
I dont personally care that much about a new engine.
Well, it kinda sounds like you do.
Quote:
I think they are using in mainly down to physics more than anything.
Do you know what an engine does? NHL 20 is on the same engine. FIFA, Madden, etc. At least the older versions. UFC 2 with ragdoll KOs are on the same engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
Ignite has been used since 2014, EA UFC 4 will release in 2020, I think its time for a new engine
I can't say I really noticed the move from Ignite to the Frostbite engine for FIFA. And I would guess that would be the new engine for a UFC 5.

But we are talking years in the future. For a new console. IF UFC 5 ever gets made.

How about focusing on the upcoming game instead?
Quote:
It's been fairly constant people have been asking for changes in physics etc throughout the game, engine included.
That doesn't make sense. You keep using physics and engine as if they are two words for the same thing. I didn't have any issues with the physics for UFC2, and tuning down ragdoll physics has been a decision, not a limitation on the engine.

Last edited by MacGowan; 12-05-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:42 PM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Haha...im not.

You are trying to change what you said. You claimed that engines "have been discussed all the time" and now you are changing it to "physics have been talked about all the time".

You clearly dont know what you are talking about. Take ragdoll KOs. UFC 2 and UFC 3 are on the same engine....the ignite engine. Yet they have significantly different KO physics. So there isnt always a correlation between a new engine and 'physics".

If you are going to ask for something, you need to be able to speak about it clearly and intelligently so the devs can understand what you want.
Wrong person pal. Engines have been discussed for months, many different buzz words have been used along with it.

Honestly I'm not trying to argue here, all I did was point out thay they have been discussed for months, that's all I'm saying.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:45 PM   #39
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Wrong person pal. Engines have been discussed for months, many different buzz words have been used along with it.

Honestly I'm not trying to argue here, all I did was point out thay they have been discussed for months, that's all I'm saying.
You did more than that, buddy but anyway its too late for that convo so it doesnt matter.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:46 PM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Well, it kinda sounds like you do.

Do you know what an engine does? NHL 20 is on the same engine. FIFA, Madden, etc. At least the older versions. UFC 2 with ragdoll KOs are on the same engine.

I can't say I really noticed the move from Ignite to the Frostbite engine for FIFA. And I would guess that would be the new engine for a UFC 5.

But we are talking years in the future. For a new console. IF UFC 5 ever gets made.

How about focusing on the upcoming game instead?

That doesn't make sense. You keep using physics and engine as if they are two words for the same thing. I didn't have any issues with the physics for UFC2, and tuning down ragdoll physics has been a decision, not a limitation on the engine.
All I said was that it had been discussed for months, that's my stance on it.

Engines do a lot if things, like rendering, physics, collisions, AI etc etc, it does pretty much everything.

I know the ball physics feel different on fifa, there was a bigger difference at the start of the game but its definitely been tuned down, other than that I havent noticed much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »