Home

Anthony Joshua to appear in EA Sports UFC 4 alongside Tyson Fury

This is a discussion on Anthony Joshua to appear in EA Sports UFC 4 alongside Tyson Fury within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-10-2020, 08:23 PM   #25
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anthony Joshua to appear in EA Sports UFC 4 alongside Tyson Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
What mechanics would you say resemble mk11?
Punching and kicking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2020, 10:01 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Punching and kicking.
Yea I don’t get the MK11 reference.

The striking in ufc 3 was hands down the best simulation striking we’ve gotten so far. Some room for improvement but man it’s good.

I can definitely get on board with a boxing mode in a traditional ring. Especially if ufc 4 takes even a little step forward with the striking.

I’d love to see Lomachenko, Wilder, Tyson, Lennox Lewis, De La Hoya(never happening in ufc game)

Last edited by DCowboys22; 06-10-2020 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:16 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Not even remotely interested in some jacked up overpowered boxers in my MMA game.

Just make a new Fight Night already.
At this poiny fight night for me is in the same category as NBA Street, Def Jam, and Burnout. Excellent series killed of by EA. the next best thing is to have the sports biggest stars within MMA games. Hey at least heavyweight is loaded with excellent grapplers like Stipe Cormier Harris Cain Werdum and Alexsei to counterbalance
Old 06-10-2020, 11:17 PM   #28
MVP

I really hope adding fighters like isn't offset by taking out the legends that were patched in last game.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2020, 09:31 PM   #29
Rookie

Shak 2 Times's Arena

This is quite cool if true. In the lead up to UFC 3 I'd entertain very specifically the thought of making a CAF of AJ to use in Ultimate Team, as well as former UFC fighters I knew weren't going to be in the franchise anymore (Rory MacDonald, Mir, Mousasi).

It would be nice if the boxers had shoes and weren't allowed to throw kicks — something I doubt would be the case with boxers added to a UFC game.
Old 06-13-2020, 03:14 AM   #30
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3

I am excited for this. I don't understand why some people are so upset, it's not that far fetched to have two of the best heavyweight boxers in an MMA game geez. Do you really think they would bump off anyone from the roster because they have these two guys? This is just a bonus. It's not like Tyson Fury is in the game and to make room they are taking out DC or (insert legend or random heavyweight here).

I hope they add something to the career mode along the lines of you choosing your expertise and then you do a little mini career in that. For example you can box, muay thai, wrestling etc. If you chose wrestling maybe you wrestle for a made up college or in the olympics or something. Probably a lot to add but maybe one day.
Golden State Warriors
Old 06-13-2020, 09:20 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsharks
I am excited for this. I don't understand why some people are so upset, it's not that far fetched to have two of the best heavyweight boxers in an MMA game geez. Do you really think they would bump off anyone from the roster because they have these two guys? This is just a bonus. It's not like Tyson Fury is in the game and to make room they are taking out DC or (insert legend or random heavyweight here).

I hope they add something to the career mode along the lines of you choosing your expertise and then you do a little mini career in that. For example you can box, muay thai, wrestling etc. If you chose wrestling maybe you wrestle for a made up college or in the olympics or something. Probably a lot to add but maybe one day.
The online players are mainly the ones who have a problem with it.

They view it as a way to lose unrealisticly to someone who they deem will be overpowered (since theoretically the boxers will have their grappling bumped up to make them more viable).

The ironic part is that a lot of these same folks are the ones who want actual UFC fighters to be more viable even though in real life a lot of UFC fighters would have no shot to win the fights they win online in EA Sports UFC.

The whole "it should come down to the player" argument gets thrown out the window when you start introducing guys like real life boxers or fictional people like Frost/Bishop.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2020, 01:02 AM   #32
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

You can't learn to appreciate these games unless you learn to appreciate your life. Sadly, games take you further from happiness by taking you further from reality (TRUTH).

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »