Home

MMAGAME Which UFC had the best knockouts? Video included

This is a discussion on MMAGAME Which UFC had the best knockouts? Video included within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2020, 01:11 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MMAGAME Which UFC had the best knockouts? Video included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
Not entirely sure but werent they ditched so that there could be follow-up punches after a KO?

Anyway I prefered the EA UFC 2 ones because it made the good KOs stand out more. If it gets in the way of follow-up punches I guess that is something to consider, but correct me if wrong.
I think your partly right but the main answer I got from GPD was they were removed so you can't backflip your opponent.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:54 PM   #10
Pro

The KO’s from UFC 2 are my favorite thing about that game. Yeah the models were a little light but the unique finishes were a gameplay hook that kept me playing. Not being locked to a combo system allowed for a barrage of strikes and catching someone off a hit stun would further randomize the KO. UFC 3/4 just feels like you can only finish in very limited ways with limited results. I would love for EA to take aspects of UFC 2 and bring them back. Ragdoll KO’s , parries albeit limited, improved footwork, and unlocked free striking system during rocks at least, with the FNC adrenaline boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-27-2020, 02:01 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
Not entirely sure but werent they ditched so that there could be follow-up punches after a KO?

Anyway I prefered the EA UFC 2 ones because it made the good KOs stand out more. If it gets in the way of follow-up punches I guess that is something to consider, but correct me if wrong.
Finish the Fight was added back in to EA UFC 2, so the full ragdoll KOs with follow-up punches was indeed possible. The issue being, there was more of a jarring "snap into Finish the Fight" position when Finish the Fight was activated. Now with the semi-animated KOs, it helps fighters fall into a more controlled position that makes the "snap" into position a little less jarring.

That being said, there still is a "snap", so I 100% would rather the KOs get their full physics back since the new system does not even make Finish the Fight all that much smoother in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2020, 02:13 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
Finish the Fight was added back in to EA UFC 2, so the full ragdoll KOs with follow-up punches was indeed possible. The issue being, there was more of a jarring "snap into Finish the Fight" position when Finish the Fight was activated. Now with the semi-animated KOs, it helps fighters fall into a more controlled position that makes the "snap" into position a little less jarring.

That being said, there still is a "snap", so I 100% would rather the KOs get their full physics back since the new system does not even make Finish the Fight all that much smoother in my opinion.

The wind up and big winging shots on the ground finishing strikes was also removed after UFC 2 and replaced with the piston strikes. No more Masvidal on Askren “super necessary” follow up animations which looked great... Just another thing to be bummed out for I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-27-2020, 03:33 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan365
If that's the case I'm ok with the odd backflip ko 8f it means each ko will be different
Looks like flips are still in UFC 3.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:52 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Well then 😂
Old 07-27-2020, 03:52 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan365
This is a great video that gets to the heart of why UFC 2's knockouts were so fun - they were dynamic. MMAGAME made hours of UFC 2 KO highlight reels for his YouTube channel, with MILLIONS of views. Which obviously generated positive buzz for the game, and probably helped drive sales.

With UFC 4's goal of reaching a wider audience, I don't understand why there hasn't been more of an investment here. I realize there have been improvements to the ragdoll/KO's in UFC 4, there still seems to be a lot of this:

I understand there are technical challenges, but these kind's of dynamic gameplay moments are what help sell games to casual players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2020, 08:11 PM   #16
Banned

Please stop it UFC 2 KO animations were ridiculous and arcades. Guys doing back flips and 900s like a Tony Hawk. I prefer 1 and 3

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »