Home

UFC 4 Creative Director Talks Character Creation & More

This is a discussion on UFC 4 Creative Director Talks Character Creation & More within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2020, 12:33 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 4 Creative Director Talks Character Creation & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon07
So basically he said the reason they added the stupid accessories(masks,chains, etc) is because they saw how people in UFC 3 manipulated tattoos and sculpting tool to make a ninja turtle,spiderman, or whatever else crazy caf abomination and said "u know what? alot of people dont have the time or patience to add 50 layers of tattoos and sculpt a face to make them look like a crazy cartoon so lets add all this stupid sh!t and give them a fastlane to making stupid looking cafs. I blame those trolls who took the time to make those stupid cafs to swaying the EA director or whoever is in charge of making these calls..
I've never been one to take the time to create an elaborate CAF like some in previous games, but I do appreciate some players who put together some pretty amazing CAFs with the tools provided. That being said, it was cool because it was hard. Just throwing on a bear mask isn't hard. Seems like Incorrect assumptions and decisions based off data mixed with forced innovation.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-05-2020, 12:45 PM   #18
Rookie

I play all the modes in the game but mostly stick to career modes. So I have created many cafs and Ive always created my fighters to be more realistic. Dont go too crazy on tattoos and usually keep them inside the realm of size per weight class. Can anyone remember if Undisputed or even EA MMA had cartoon cafs?

Last edited by Brandon07; 08-05-2020 at 12:47 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 08-05-2020, 03:44 PM   #19
Rookie

UFC 4 Creative Director Talks Character Creation & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon07
So basically he said the reason they added the stupid accessories(masks,chains, etc) is because they saw how people in UFC 3 manipulated tattoos and sculpting tool to make a ninja turtle,spiderman, or whatever else crazy caf abomination and said "u know what? alot of people dont have the time or patience to add 50 layers of tattoos and sculpt a face to make them look like a crazy cartoon so lets add all this stupid sh!t and give them a fastlane to making stupid looking cafs. I blame those trolls who took the time to make those stupid cafs to swaying the EA director or whoever is in charge of making these calls..

Trust me not a lot of people were doing it. EA IS just pandering to the generous few that are just like them and giving them and Themselves tools to add WWE bs in this game.

These people are an mma game and never fought a day in their life and don’t know what this sport represents lol I guarantee you if they fought or sparred hard they would have a different out look but whatever

Last edited by Jizamurai; 08-05-2020 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:55 PM   #20
Rookie

I really hate this. I can deal with archetypes being a thing, but I really hate that a CAFs archetype can be changed on the fly.

If you make a fighter, their style should stay their style unless you specifically go back in and change it. Imo this is kinda like giving us the option to change Khabib from a grappler to a striker. Well, maybe it’s not quite as severe as that, but the point stands.

It’s gonna be a real pain to play against people that use the same CAF and suddenly change up archetype the next time you fight them, and you don’t realise, and just assume it’s the same as last time.

This whole thing takes away a lot of actual strategy and decision making from CAFs, and instead, just encourages counter-picking.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:11 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragreynolds
I really hate this. I can deal with archetypes being a thing, but I really hate that a CAFs archetype can be changed on the fly.

If you make a fighter, their style should stay their style unless you specifically go back in and change it. Imo this is kinda like giving us the option to change Khabib from a grappler to a striker. Well, maybe it’s not quite as severe as that, but the point stands.

It’s gonna be a real pain to play against people that use the same CAF and suddenly change up archetype the next time you fight them, and you don’t realise, and just assume it’s the same as last time.

This whole thing takes away a lot of actual strategy and decision making from CAFs, and instead, just encourages counter-picking.
It is concerning. I also never got an answer to my question as to "when" the change can occur. The video made it seem like you can change based on what your opponent picks. Does that mean if this is ranked and you come up against a fighter you can just switch to their weakness archetype?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »