Home

Your thoughts on GnP in UFC 4

This is a discussion on Your thoughts on GnP in UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-11-2020, 09:35 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Your thoughts on GnP in UFC 4

Feels hacked in, and the animations basically confirm that. They obviously didn't spend much time on it. Looks and feels bad to me. UD3 had amazing gnp 8 years ago. It baffles me how they refuse to take any inspiration from that game.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-11-2020, 10:19 AM   #10
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
Defensivly I have no idea how to defend GnP. I'm sure it's just me not uinderstanding the new system, but I can't seem to understand it at all. I can only block for maybe 2-3 shots before my block is gone and the sways seem absolutely useless and/or broken. Also, I was playing my friend online and we were both trying to learn the GnP controls so I let him drop me and get on top. My friend put his controller down and still punched me a good 5-6 times. I don't know if that's input lag, regular lag, or what, but my friend felt like he had no control over what his character was doing. Also find it's way too easy to get into a GnP position. If they're going to make it that deadly, there should be more then one transition to get ino a postured position

Love the game so far, but the GnP is by far the worst part of the experience.
Thanks, thats what I was trying to articulate. I feel like GnP defense needs a big tune up. Love the fact we can sway, but hat the fact thats all we can do (well, we can block too) but i feel very helpless when GnP starts...meaning I don't have an out that I can truly control. Whats up with no hud at all when you're caught in someones full postured up mount? Then after a few seconds or after taking/blocking some shots it appears? I'm totally lost.

It would be very helpful if the devs took 10-20 minutes out of their day to create a video with them explaining their GnP.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:52 AM   #11
MVP

After some thought, slowing GNP is not the way to go. We just got to the point where GNP is fast and realistic looking.

They need to drastically increase stamina loss for repeated ground strikes. One of the main things about finishing a fight with GNP is if you’re gonna gas out because the opponent was able to recover. Right now it’s just too fast to intelligently defend. But that is fine IMO. They should be able to wail on you. But it needs to come at a cost.

I’m also not against buffing the block against ground strikes to the same area (round vs. straight). GNP is so much easier to block than regular strikes IRL. Right now, a bunch of hooks breaks your guard enough to finish a fight. They should have to switch it up.

Also, increase the stamina effect on body strikes as well as upping the feel of the GNP. Currently, there is no weight behind the ground punches in any area except the SC-Scarf Hold-Crucifix chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2020, 11:33 AM   #12
MVP

how to elbow?
Old 08-11-2020, 11:50 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 1

It feels unresponsive. Like there’s a delay between what I push and what happens. That goes for offense and defense. Stop queuing strikes and let us block fake.

Damage feels fine. There aren’t that many GnP finishes that don’t start with them getting rocked separately. Not that it never happens, but it isn’t super common, especially nowadays.

GnP damage should give a sub bonus, since in reality that’s often how it works. You (often) throw the GnP to make them cover up to make it easier to transition or catch a sub. Also we should be able to enter subs from being postured up. I’m not 100% sure nobody can do that right now though; I’ll need to try with some more guys.

Mount is powerful enough as it is. It isn’t the end-all position that a lot of people seem to think it is. It’s a bad place to be on the bottom of for sure, but I think that’s already pretty much right in the game.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:50 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCowboys22
Don’t slow it down. Work on making defense more responsive. And as someone else suggested, maybe make the posture up transition a little more difficult to achieve.

But I’ve been wanting fast, frantic GnP forever

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I 100% agreed this.
Old 08-11-2020, 02:20 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
how to elbow?
You can't. Another big loss imo. Impossible to play with Khabib realistically. In UFC 3, I'd sit in half guard peppering my opponent, deny his transition, move to pustured up and rain elbows. It felt satisfying as hell with Khabib. He's boring af to play with now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2020, 07:24 PM   #16
Pro

GnP seems off. Throwing strikes is delayed and you have to basically spam hooks/straights until you get pulled down. You should be able to pick your shots, throw a straight, wait a second then throw a hook to catch them trying to sway. Throw a hook, followed quickly by a second hook then a straight, pause, then throw a straight and hook. You can’t do that I find as if you pause for even a second you get auto pulled down.

Not sure what it is but defense seems weird as well, I’ve seen me block 2 strikes and they posture down, then I seen me try to defend against a good 10 plus strikes with no chance to try and scramble/transition before I got KOd...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »