Home

Dev question: I still want to know who asked for this?...

This is a discussion on Dev question: I still want to know who asked for this?... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-18-2020, 05:13 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Dev question: I still want to know who asked for this?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
Is the Kumite ring, if you can call it a ring, not bigger than the normal octagon? It feels bigger anyway.
A ring is square shaped , with sharp corners , the way the game is built won't allow it.

It would have to be rebuilt for that unless you want bugs and ****.

It's possible , don't get me wrong but I don't think we will see pride mode except with CAFs but it's stretch.

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-18-2020, 07:29 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
A ring is square shaped , with sharp corners , the way the game is built won't allow it.

It would have to be rebuilt for that unless you want bugs and ****.

It's possible , don't get me wrong but I don't think we will see pride mode except with CAFs but it's stretch.

I’m not a game dev so maybe it’s a lot more complicated than it sounds but would making the boundary a square rather than an octagon be that hard?

Last edited by ryangil23; 08-18-2020 at 07:32 AM.
Old 08-18-2020, 07:37 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
I’m not a game dev so maybe it’s a lot more complicated than it sounds but would making the boundary a square rather than an octagon be that hard?
From what I heard yes . But don't quote me .

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2020, 09:12 AM   #12
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
It may not be as easy as just throwing it together over the weekend, but i'm not buying that it's some incredibly difficult thing to pull off seeing as how it's been pulled off already going back many years and a couple of consoles.
Old 08-18-2020, 09:18 AM   #13
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm not a dev but the answer seems pretty obvious:

1) A Pride mode requires money. EA would have to pay additional money to get the likeness rights to Pride fighters who arent in the game. 21 of the 33 fighters that were in Pride mode in UD3 would require EA to negotiate individual likness deals.

2) The audience that EA is targeting likely doesnt know or care about Pride. EA isnt targeting hardcore MMA fans or OSers with this game. EA isnt going to put in resources to create a mode that the target audience they want doesnt know or care about.
I understand your 1st point, but the 2nd isn't really a matter imo. What I mean is they dont have to know or care about it. Im sure they dont know wth Kumite is either. Its suppose to be just a fun mode right? Same thing Pride could have been to them. I feel like a ****** audience would enjoy Pride more than this silly Kumite thing. Like if they had Pride instead of Kumite, you dont think ******s would enjoy the japanese ruleset where they can stomp and kick opponents in the face?

Last edited by WarMMA; 08-18-2020 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:12 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm not a dev but the answer seems pretty obvious:

1) A Pride mode requires money. EA would have to pay additional money to get the likeness rights to Pride fighters who arent in the game. 21 of the 33 fighters that were in Pride mode in UD3 would require EA to negotiate individual likness deals.

2) The audience that EA is targeting likely doesnt know or care about Pride. EA isnt targeting hardcore MMA fans or OSers with this game. EA isnt going to put in resources to create a mode that the target audience they want doesnt know or care about.
Couldn't they just do a pride rules without the fighters?
Old 08-18-2020, 10:23 AM   #15
Rookie

KoryDub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
I don't buy that - all that literally changes is just the boundaries
It changes a LOT about the game in terms of a development standpoint.

It's pretty frustrating watching people type things like "it can't be that hard" while simultaneously NOT holding any type of computer science degree.

This isn't 'coding' they teach in Grade 2 - this is high level and extremely complicated stuff.

Lots of people brush it off because they just don't understand.

Quote:
Yes. It's incredibly difficult and time consuming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2020, 11:12 AM   #16
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
I understand your 1st point, but the 2nd isn't really a matter imo. What I mean is they dont have to know or care about it. Im sure they dont know wth Kumite is either. Its suppose to be just a fun mode right? Same thing Pride could have been to them. I feel like a ****** audience would enjoy Pride more than this silly Kumite thing. Like if they had Pride instead of Kumite, you dont think ******s would enjoy the japanese ruleset where they can stomp and kick opponents in the face?
Well....EA disagrees with you. Let me make this clear. EA could create a pride ring. They could create ring physics that include ropes. They could add animations for things like soccer kicks and knees to the head.

They dont want to because they dont believe the audience they are targeting cares about that and that is what drives a decision to put resources into something.

All Kumite is a new arena (which funny enough appears to have replaced the Saitama Arena (the home of Pride) in the game) and new sound effects. For Pride, you need to do more than that. New arena. New ring physics. New mocap for pride rules (that cant be used in any other mode).

The bottom line is EA doesnt see the value in it that the people here do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »