Home

Still no major stamina tax on missed strikes or high output

This is a discussion on Still no major stamina tax on missed strikes or high output within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2020, 02:41 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Still no major stamina tax on missed strikes or high output

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I don't know what you guys are playing but the stamina after the patch feels REALLY good. I'm a low output counter fighter and i still found myself gassing a bit yesterday when the patch first came out.

Slips drain more stamina and head damage drains more stamina. Add in some body shots and your opponent will be a zombie by the middle of round 2. You can't expect your opponent to just gas by you standing there holding block. Make them miss, work their body and land some counter strikes in order to see them gas.
Nobody’s gassing in this game by the middle of round 2 unless they’re a total noob who’s throwing head kicks at the air constantly.

I actively try and gas people and it’s pretty hard to do. I pressure people to force them to throw, back up to make them whiff, as well as using head movement and hitting their body. Most even semi competent players can still have more than half of their stamina left by round 3 with me doing this while they’re landing at like 25%.

I don’t want it to be completely sim either but right now it feels very,very lenient on missed strikes and body work.
Old 10-02-2020, 02:49 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 3

A stamina slider would be an immediate fix of this issue.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 10-03-2020, 06:07 AM   #11
Rookie

Yeah that 3.0 patch "stamina fix" did nothing. People are not punished at all for whiffing strikes and throwing 150 strikes a round hah and half miss. It's a joke. There's literally no reward for good head movement and swaying to doge strikes (besides the obvious of not getting hit yourself). You can't do it as a tactic to drain stamina because it doesn't drain stamina...

Then there's the fact that even when stamina is low the power of strikes doesn't seem to go down at all.

You can be blasting a guys body all fight, on the feet, on the ground, everything and by the 3rd round he'll still be moving just a fast and fresh as when the fight first started. No stamina hit whatsoever.

This is off topic but the leg kicks need to be fixed too. Because along with not being able to slow your opponents movement with sucking away their stamina (because it doesn't work) you also cant slow them down by blasting at their legs either. They can have 2 leg health events and still be able to walk you down like it's round 1 with legs as fresh as daises.

It's stuff like this that makes the game unrealistic and just not fun. The idea of gassing out your opponent is a basic idea. Making them whiff on strikes with head movement and/or punishing their body with strikes to take their stamina is a basic concept. Chopping at the legs to slow somebody down again... a basic concept.

It's like the devs have never watched mma or boxing or any combat sport ever in their entire lives. If you can't get simple fighting 101 gameplay down...how are you supposed to do the advanced stuff? The answer? They aren't. They try to run before they can walk and thats the reason this game is falling flat on its face.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2020, 01:00 PM   #12
MVP

Stamina hasnt improved, in fact its arguably worse now because whiffing blocked slips does nothing. I use both pressure striking and counter striking. As a pressure fighter this is favorable because in the past if someone would do block slips i would need to calculate my strikes better, aka fight intelligently in the pocket.

Now its a lot easier to rip Combinations, all i need to be wary of is slips and small openings where my opponent might rip combos of their own. It js so much easier. The only guys i have trouble with are really good players who also pressure fight.

Also, the addition of the stamina drain meter signal makes it even better for presure fighting at div 20. Now i know exactly when my opponent dips into low stamina i can rip combinations and build off that momentum for the finish.

It doesnt make sense. Maybe lower the stamina tax on whiffing blocked slips but removing it all together is silly considering the person who is block slipping cant counter so is already punished
Old 10-03-2020, 02:36 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Stamina hasnt improved, in fact its arguably worse now because whiffing blocked slips does nothing. I use both pressure striking and counter striking. As a pressure fighter this is favorable because in the past if someone would do block slips i would need to calculate my strikes better, aka fight intelligently in the pocket.

Now its a lot easier to rip Combinations, all i need to be wary of is slips and small openings where my opponent might rip combos of their own. It js so much easier. The only guys i have trouble with are really good players who also pressure fight.

Also, the addition of the stamina drain meter signal makes it even better for presure fighting at div 20. Now i know exactly when my opponent dips into low stamina i can rip combinations and build off that momentum for the finish.

It doesnt make sense. Maybe lower the stamina tax on whiffing blocked slips but removing it all together is silly considering the person who is block slipping cant counter so is already punished

The terrible stamina system is why this meta you just described you thrive in is terrible. It's boring, unrealistic, and cheesy. But I don't fault you for using the meta. The way the game is made right now trying to play any other way puts you at a huge disadvantage.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:07 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
Honestly if someone hits you 200 times and all you're doing is blocking, you should be knocked out. Them having stamina should be the leas to your worries.

Nobody has that good a block in MMA. Their opponents will find them behind those tiny gloves eventually. It's unrealistic, but in a different way than is being complained about here.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
That's a skill issue. If the user isn't breaking the block, that's not because the game is unrealistic, they just suck.

And one thing people need to remember is that generally, only the best fighters in the UFC are gonna be used online, and those fighters mostly have great cardio. The ones who don't (guys like Ngannou, and maybe even Conor) often don't get picked because of it.

To just say you should be able to gas anyone doesn't make sense. It depends on who you're fighting.

Last edited by RyanFitzmagic; 10-04-2020 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-04-2020, 07:18 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamofwheat
What is it going to take for EA to make this game balanced? Game is plagued with pressure fighters that are aware of this issue. Also there's still no added damage to single strikes and mortal kombat combos are still being promoted.
Top 500 ranked is all about clinch and take down spam followed by crucifix guard spam, if say there are few things right about UFC4 than it's the striking and stamina.

You do miss huge chunk of your stamina by missing or got hit in the body, unless you fail to make them miss or hit them in the body. expect a Pro MMA fighter to out of gas 2 mins into round 1 is a bad expectation
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »