Home

So Will Knee Spam Just Always Be a Thing.

This is a discussion on So Will Knee Spam Just Always Be a Thing. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2021, 09:31 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: So Will Knee Spam Just Always Be a Thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
Bro just slip to the other side of the knee and clip them with a hook.

Sometimes make sure to do with when the knee spammers stamina is low .

When it works and you can them does a lot of damage bait them into throwing multiple knees and catch them .

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Never mind. According to the patch spoilers dropped on the official dischord. Head movement will no longer avoid body knees .

Yikes , knee spam is definitely going to come back now.

Old 03-03-2021, 09:51 PM   #10
Rookie

It’s not the knee spam but the more clever use of the knee that is a killer. The threat of the knee is as dangerous as the actual knee. It’s OP but not one of my top complaints because it’s generally manageable
Old 03-03-2021, 10:18 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
Never mind. According to the patch spoilers dropped on the official dischord. Head movement will no longer avoid body knees .

Yikes , knee spam is definitely going to come back now.

I mean it's not unstoppable its just a pain in the *** because it's so fast.

But like others pointed out you can side step or intercept with strikes, theres also long lunges in any way away from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt fists
It’s not the knee spam but the more clever use of the knee that is a killer. The threat of the knee is as dangerous as the actual knee. It’s OP but not one of my top complaints because it’s generally manageable
I get what you're saying but in those cases where its skillfully used it's relatively fair game. I think the OPness comes from the speed of the combo, but you guys might feel theres more to it and you lre probably right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2021, 02:23 AM   #12
Pro

No, it is not op, it is way op and completely garbage to be in it's current state. I have won over a 100 straight fights in this game before so if another person acts like I am garbage and just can't deal with it, I think you are actually the low level player.

The Knee is way too fast, even if you know it is coming and pre sway, many times it lands anyway. if you want to sway and counter you are not allowed to block so even if you anticipated it you might still get hit. So you can side step it, but again the window is very small and it feels like the point of contact animations has a longer window then the window to evade it. Both of these options also naturally put you at higher vulnerability so if you are fighting someone skillful but also has no shame in constantly exploiting for wins they can easily condition you to react to nothing in fear of the knee and then hook you. These same players also always use the fighters on the roster that have cheesy knees, kicks, and elbows with ridiculous range such as Jones. and then to top it off these knees have invulnerability to all hooks and uppercuts even when you are chest to chest. so you may think when fighting a tall long fighter it would be a good strategy to put on pressure and use body head hooks except they can just throw out the knee which will always beat those punches and the vulnerability on it is far lower because straight strikes do far less damage and do not hit with full impact at close range.

Now if that wasn't bad enough it gets even worse. Knees hit for a ton of body damage but worse is a ton of stamina. So I may be completely out boxing my opponent and landing at a much higher percentage but because he landed a handful of knees in the round coming out in the second I will be at a large stamina disadvantage even though I have boxed much more efficiently and not thrown or whiffed any wild strikes. So now this is where the skilled exploiters come in, you think I will just fight at range but they have characters that also have the op switch kick, that comes out faster then a normal kick (dumb) and has much more range, and then use that rangy jab to stupid spinning body kick combo that also comes out too fast. Many times you can avoid it with movement but like these other stupid op moves have some sort of unintentional invulnerability so you throw a strike at connecting range but it does not register as a hit and you take a counter spin body kick and go straight into a health event and your stamina drops by like an instant 10 percent. So now I might even continue to outbox them for a while but sooner or later I will take another knee or a body kick, and then another, and pretty soon I am in threat of zombie walking around the ring even though I have thrown less strikes, landed more, and whiffed very few. Tell me that is not OP in the stand up. Yes I can destroy the vast majority of players that try to spam knees at me, but I almost only ever lose when someone uses this exploit. If you take two fighters of equal skill and one only uses normal strikes and fights in a traditional sense they will be severely handicapped against the player that uses the tactics mentioned above. Sorry for the rant but it baffles me how some people just don't see this as a problem and think I am just some bum that doesn't know how to play the game.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:59 AM   #13
MVP

I've always said that the problem with knee spam is the animation .

You rarely see knees thrown like K1 Glory kickboxers in the ufc.

I also think that the removal of head movement to make knees to the body miss , is a bad move .

I rarely see people who spam knees as there are a lot of other interesting moves to spam.

And slipping the knee with head movement was my go to Move .

Sucks but eh .

Old 03-04-2021, 12:24 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
No, it is not op, it is way op and completely garbage to be in it's current state. I have won over a 100 straight fights in this game before so if another person acts like I am garbage and just can't deal with it, I think you are actually the low level player. .
What a worthless accolade to brag about.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:08 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
What a worthless accolade to brag about.
I knew this is all anyone would take from this post. I am not bragging about it, I don't even care about it because this is not my primary game and I don't play it in tournaments or for money. But it was put there to give context so I don't have to continue reading comments about just do this or lab that like I am a hack that does not understand the game's mechanics. Maybe get past my perceived bravado and actually read what I wrote and why the Knees in the game's current state are an exploit especially when combined with other unrealistic move sets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2021, 06:05 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
I knew this is all anyone would take from this post. I am not bragging about it, I don't even care about it because this is not my primary game and I don't play it in tournaments or for money. But it was put there to give context so I don't have to continue reading comments about just do this or lab that like I am a hack that does not understand the game's mechanics. Maybe get past my perceived bravado and actually read what I wrote and why the Knees in the game's current state are an exploit especially when combined with other unrealistic move sets.
People actually tried to talk about it and your retort was "LMAO, I am WAY better than you think I am. Lab a jab will fix all my problems hahahaha." You're obviously not open to having a conversation.

Besides, I didn't comment on your analysis because it was nothing but generalities. What am I supposed to say about "I completely outbox my opponent but he landed a handful of knees"? Solid analysis right there.

May as well post the match here for evidence.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »