Home

Official UFC 2 Career Discussion

This is a discussion on Official UFC 2 Career Discussion within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2016, 06:27 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official UFC 2 Career Discussion

Career mode was personally a big focus for me. I'm not an online gamer, so Career is the big thing for me. It does seem pretty obvious that EA did not put much work into career mode. Makes me think of the old sports games from the 90's where you'd play a baseball season and end up with players on other teams that would sim that they hit 80+ HRs and 200+ RBIs. Disappointing...
Old 03-19-2016, 07:47 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiYahooeys
Career mode was personally a big focus for me. I'm not an online gamer, so Career is the big thing for me. It does seem pretty obvious that EA did not put much work into career mode. Makes me think of the old sports games from the 90's where you'd play a baseball season and end up with players on other teams that would sim that they hit 80+ HRs and 200+ RBIs. Disappointing...
This I'm mostly an offline player as well so when you combine a barebones career mode and little to no customization options (sliders, attribute/perk editing) you get a sour taste in your mouth. Sure I can run my own universe but without customization you just end up playing against the same uber parrying cpu guys on the higher diffculties. I mean look at this Pearson/Laprise fight I just watched on fight pass some very good technical striking in that 3 round fight and there wasn't a parry to be seen. It just isn't as used as much in real life as they have it in the game in my opinion.

Last edited by JoeMimic; 03-19-2016 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:43 PM   #11
Rookie

Final update for my first career.

It's 2027. Most of the original, licensed UFC fighters are now gone. The exceptions? Yeah, some of them are strange.

Daniel Cormier is the 11 year reigning UFC LHW champion. Granted, he's only fought 8 times in those 11 years, but I guess that's something to celebrate, especially considering he's now 48 years old.

Then again, who can complain about Cormier when there's 50 year old Fabricio Werdum. He's also still the UFC HW chamption, and he's only fought 11 times, all wins.

Holly Holm? Yeah, she's still champion and still undefeated. She's fought 4 times in those 11 years, still a young 46 years.

Me? My created fighter is a 29 year old champion. He just completed his 30th win in those 11 years, is undefeated, all KO's (on the adaptive AI), but is being forced into retirement after his latest win, an 8 second KO victory.

Had difficulty upgrading the secondary characteristics of the fighter. Maxed out stand-up and almost every attribute of the clinch and ground. Athleticism on the other hand... Body (64/75), Chin (62/75), Leg (58/75), Stamina (74/95)
Toughness (67/90).

Also, it seemed like there were never enough Evolution points to really fill out my characters move list. I had to spend everything I had just to upgrade a few of moves he already had to level 3 or 4 and fill all 5 perk spots to level 4 or 5. It's really frustrating to have such a limited move list as a trade-off to making the moves I have worthwhile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2016, 01:27 AM   #12
Pro

^ Wow that's uhh ridiculous...Did you ever win any performance bonuses?
Old 03-20-2016, 10:32 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
^ Wow that's uhh ridiculous...Did you ever win any performance bonuses?
Actually, yes, I finally did. I got the POTN - KO bonus for the aforementioned 8 second KO, but that was the only one.
Old 03-20-2016, 12:02 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

Career mode would be a big deal to me if there were a good career mode.

This years' is an improvement, completely because you can sim the training games after finishing them. All the random "+1000 fans" type events do nothing for me because the number of fans never seems to matter that much.

Besides just in general being boring though, what kills the game mode for me is the "boss fights" approach they took to going against certain guys. I knew it would be a problem when they talked about it and it's just as bad as I imagined. Guys I would dust in a fair fight are suddenly almost unbeatably good. That's not fun.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:55 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Career mode would be a big deal to me if there were a good career mode.

This years' is an improvement, completely because you can sim the training games after finishing them. All the random "+1000 fans" type events do nothing for me because the number of fans never seems to matter that much.

Besides just in general being boring though, what kills the game mode for me is the "boss fights" approach they took to going against certain guys. I knew it would be a problem when they talked about it and it's just as bad as I imagined. Guys I would dust in a fair fight are suddenly almost unbeatably good. That's not fun.
They only added the simming so they can hurry you through the mode because it's so barebones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2016, 06:48 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Pro LW career comments:

The mode needs to provide the option to fight guys that are much higher than you in the rankings. Right now you are typically given a guy who is 3 slots above you. It took forever to climb up 3 rankings at a time.

The boss fights help you make big leaps, but it's a bit too much taking a rated ~70 CAF against Donald Cerrone. Something in between would be nice.
I would love it if my fighter gets to compete against today's stars. I cannot do that if I start out ranked below 50 and moving up 3 slots at a time... I only lost two fights heading up to the top 5. When I finally made the top 5 though, most of the stars were retired.

Last edited by pdandy; 03-20-2016 at 06:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »