Home

Submissions..

This is a discussion on Submissions.. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2016, 03:07 AM   #17
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Submissions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
What is sad is it doesn't really take your stamina into effect as much as it does the guy being submitted. Kind of awkward.
To me stamina feels off with the whole ground at times. I dunno it's weird watching stamina drain when doin nothing in some spots.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:17 AM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
There's no need to try, subs only work with stamina. That's it!!!
I don't find stamina has any affect at all... As I've said I typically will drain their stamina and have a 10-15point ovr stat difference for ground and their escape bar speed doesn't change. Max stam or no stam, for them or me. It all feels the exact same. I mean I have a 77? Ovr and they had a 59 and I could barely stop them from getting out when they had no stam and I had max because the gate was filling quite fast..
Old 04-25-2016, 06:59 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRed529
Limb damage doesn't affect submissions I don't think.
Someone said limbs get effected
Old 04-25-2016, 09:54 PM   #20
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
I don't find stamina has any affect at all... As I've said I typically will drain their stamina and have a 10-15point ovr stat difference for ground and their escape bar speed doesn't change. Max stam or no stam, for them or me. It all feels the exact same. I mean I have a 77? Ovr and they had a 59 and I could barely stop them from getting out when they had no stam and I had max because the gate was filling quite fast..
I see the opposite. I can especially tell when I have low stam and they go for the sub. The bar fills so slow.

I wish they would change submissions in the next game. I want to see it more dynamic then it is now. Like being able to jostle positions for better or worst while in the sub and the defender able to strike to break the submission. I would like to see you be able to multitask. For the defender left stick defends the submission and right stick jostles position; normal buttons for striking. Attacker also has to use the left stick to keep the submission going and the right stick to better his position.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:57 PM   #21
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Not trying to be an ***, but when in the history of the sport has someone gameplanned to target hurting a limb intentionally and then went for a sub on it?

I understand if a freak injury happens and capitalizing on that, but that is much different than kicking a guys leg to make kneebars easier. It was an unrealistic aspect that Undisputed threw in the mix and now people think its realistic..smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 11:09 PM   #22
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
Not trying to be an ***, but when in the history of the sport has someone gameplanned to target hurting a limb intentionally and then went for a sub on it?

I understand if a freak injury happens and capitalizing on that, but that is much different than kicking a guys leg to make kneebars easier. It was an unrealistic aspect that Undisputed threw in the mix and now people think its realistic..smh
To be honest all I want is a flash sub after you get flashed rocked, I just think it will add realism and make subs scary when your hurt and someone wants to take you down and go for a 2 or 3 gate sub while your rocked and head is bright red.

To me that seems like a good idea, but I could be wrong.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:05 AM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
No I get that.. But really... If you're limping and can barely walk, or you can't even hold your arms up to block, should it not be easier even if only a bit more, to lock a submission and make them tap? If your arms are that bad, how well can you really defend an arm bar or kimura? There should be at least some difference, right now at least with my sub fighter, i may as well just instantly go for a sub instead of trying to wear someone down/try to weaken them first..

Why make the sub area redden, if damage to it doesn't actually matter?
Old 04-26-2016, 02:08 AM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
I see the opposite. I can especially tell when I have low stam and they go for the sub. The bar fills so slow.
Wish I knew what the difference was then.. I'll have to try and get a video of a match, go for a sub when they have full and no stamina... In my matches it makes 0 difference their escape gates move at the same speed, which is usually pretty fast

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »