Home

The Concise and Definitive List of Requests for UFC 3

This is a discussion on The Concise and Definitive List of Requests for UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2017, 05:06 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: The Concise and Definitive List of Requests for UFC 3

GnP strikes should be more responsive. At least, a weak GnP strike should be more fast than now. I don't understand Why I can't landed my GnP strike while my oppoent attempt a transition.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:07 PM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyjesus
K.O Zoom needs to go
Knockout's should be more like UFC 2
I 2nd KO Zoom being removed.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:08 PM   #11
MVP

Yaari's Arena

That's a nice list, totally agree too. Good stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 05:09 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
I've been lurking in all of these topics for the past week and aggregating all of the feedback that the people want answers to. In this thread I will post the consensus list of everything we want changed or addressed, collectively. The format will also be easier to read than some of the other "final thoughts" threads.

To be clear: this is NOT my opinion. This list is a compilation of things that were popular and not easily/commonly disputed. The hope is to make it easy for the developers to sort through the mud.

- Stamina needs to effect fighter's ability to move and throw strikes. (This does not mean they need to be sitting ducks, only that they show the signs of fatigue).

- Head movement needs to be more reliable in regards to input lag and dodging. (Fighters should be able to smoothly move their head and throw their counter shot without standing still because of the input lag. Sways and ducks also do not properly dodge strikes at the moment. You will often get hit even though you correctly predicted the right sway angle).

- Jab - Body Kick needs to be nerfed. (Right now it's easy to pull off even when the opponent is pressuring you. Perhaps remove the hard combo or simply slow down the subsequent kick).

- Blocking needs to be faster. (This goes hand in hand with the body kick combo. Blocks just aren't fast enough even when you know the strike is coming. The body block particularly it seems).

- Fighters should have a basic swathe of submissions. (Everyone knows how to do a guillotine, an armbar, and a rear naked choke for example. Proficiency in regards to move levels is a different story).

- Missing/throwing strikes should have significantly more penalty on stamina. (Currently players are able to throw over 100 strikes per round. We get that this is a game and we don't want to slow down too much, but increasing the stamina penalty for throwing a lot of strikes will slow the pace in a good way).

- Balance the stamina/damage system to go for more rounds. (Right now it seems like no one is making it to a decision when it goes for five rounds. By the end of the second round everyone is already banged up and ready to be finished. Imagine when the clock switches to realistic. Keep the vulnerability frames, tune the damage and stamina).

- Nate Diaz. (I'm sure we all know this issue well enough by now. GPD seems to think it has something to do with his perks but, his 1-2 is ridiculous. I trust you guys to take a good hard look at him).

- The ability to only sway a little bit. (loljk this is dumb).

- Finish the fight should be a tad more frequent, but also more survivable. (This makes the FtF submissions viable).

- Ground and pound should break through blocks. (Right now full mount is a joke. The block break system should be implemented here).

- TKO finishes when the opponent blocks without improving position on the ground. (It was in last year and shouldn't have been removed).

- Striking power should be divided back into left/right and punch/kick. (We're pretty much all in agreement that this change was a bad idea).

- KO zoom after fights needs to go. (This is a presentation issue. Everyone agrees the zoom is tacky and breaks immersion. Maybe add the "shadface" to KOed fighters if we're gonna keep this).

If anyone has others that I've missed that pretty much everyone can agree on, let me know and I'll edit this list.
KO animations NEED to be ragdoll. With some weight on them at least. UFC 2 KO's we're great because every KO was different. UFC 2 KO's just needed tweaking, nothing more. Now I know it's already been confirmed that KO's are being worked on and that they look way better in the final build. I just want to know if ragdolls will make a return with some kind of tweaking made to them. I think I speak for the majority when I say this.

GNP when you knock someone out cold. You should still be able to finish the fight after they're out. UFC 2 Beta didn't have it and they added it for the full game because people wanted it in so why was this removed from this beta?

An unconscious opponent should be ragdoll, not magically wake up and put their hands up when you're going in to finish the fight. I hate to bring up UD3, but that game has a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Ground sways? Top position, and bottom.

Be able to block in side control? It was in UFC 1 and still hasn't returned.

New takedown animations, after a while the same ones get stale. I remember UFC 1 had actual rushing takedowns and imo those were great they need to return or at the very least get added.

Some kind of ref interaction.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm ranting, I still love the game, but things like this just take you away from the hard work that has already been done by the devs.

Edit: Also the new active knockdown animations are pretty awesome, but how come we can't finish them on the way down? Like maybe a different looking finish the fight animation? Where they can sway and block. That is if we get to them fast enough.

Last edited by Stealthhh; 12-04-2017 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:09 PM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalformedDC2009
This seems helpful, but also a bit presumptuous to be the one that knows what everyone agrees on. How about a community list instead, made by a gamechanger taking votes?

Just my thoughts.
Looking at the list, I think he's hit alot of the major ones that I've seen consistently in this forum.

If people disagree with one or feel like one should be added, discuss it here and he can always update the original post.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:10 PM   #14
Banned

MalformedDC2009's Arena

Do the guys from this thread still agree on takedown inputs?

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d.php?t=922383

Bigg Cee and EJ Manuel mentioned this as well.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-04-2017, 05:12 PM   #15
Rookie

Few small things I noticed. At least in UT, the butcher perk's icon is a fist on a chest, but it affects body kicks. Body snatcher is a foot on the body, but affects body hooks.

Bring back vibration to the ground game trqnsitions. Makes it easier to feel the ground game out.

One big thing. The two touch kick is ridiculous. You should be able to catch the first kick or something. It's very little risk for a lot of reward. It's nearly impossible to sway away from the head kick cause the 2 shots land so close together

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by JimLahey246; 12-04-2017 at 05:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 05:14 PM   #16
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Agree on everything but

Edit in annoying 1-2 spam. At close range it shouldn't have so much stopping power. This is something basically everyone unanimously agrees on. The fact that you can throw them repeatedly so much is annoying too but the stamina system being tweaked will go a long way in balancing this much better.

Also, being able to catch the kick with the jab/body kick combination would balance it. Edit that in too. Something nearly everyone agrees on.

General input lag is a problem too. It's the reason the low block and head movement aren't feeling as responsive as people would like. It effects everything though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »