Home

EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70$

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70$ within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2018, 02:17 PM   #49
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephengreen
Where is the $70 figure coming from? Regular version is still only $60, right? Champion's Edition is $80. Anyway, I'm not buying this until I see how the DLC fighters and UT mode plays out. I trust GPD and the devs, but EA will try to get away with anything.
He talking about Euros but I dont understand how it would cost 70 euros. The game is $60 US which is $50 Euros. Is EA charging more to European consumers than US consumers?
Old 01-14-2018, 02:18 PM   #50
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Re: EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephengreen
Yeah, that's my point. I'm going to see if they are going to separate out fighters with DLC packs outside of UT mode.
They are doing the same thing as they did last time. DLC should come with most or all patches.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:19 PM   #51
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
Can a dev pls tell me if striking power and speed have been seperated for leg and hands??
Doubtful. They would have to rerate every fighter and I dont believe that is being done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2018, 02:21 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
He talking about Euros but I dont understand how it would cost 70 euros. The game is $60 US which is $50 Euros. Is EA charging more to European consumers than US consumers?
They do that in the UK, it's £60, with is $82.40 and 67 Euro. I imagine the Euro figure is the Sterling value rounded up to a nice round number. The US gets games cheaper than the rest of the world AFAIK
Old 01-14-2018, 02:23 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Yep. 69 € normal edition and 89€ for champions edition. Already had preordered the champions edition since a great MMA game is worth it to me. But now with this BS censorship, no way in hell ill pay 110 dollars
Old 01-14-2018, 02:23 PM   #54
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
The US gets games cheaper than the rest of the world AFAIK
We pay up the wahoo for internet access though.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:30 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 5

IMO I don't think the game is worth 65. With that being said I did love the beta. As a player that takes joy in all 3 aspects of MMA and loves visual authenticity in sports games, It is a big negative that only one aspect of the gameplay was touched, and the presentation went mostly untouched. Now I must say the work that was done to the striking system was AMAZING. I just want more, and I'm aware the Devs could only do so much with what they had to work with.

For the people that think you should either not buy the game or shut up. I won't be buying the game full price. So I will be standing by my words. Rather I'll just get the discount from UFC 2 plus the EA Access discount, then my friend and I will game share and split the cost. So if my calculations are correct,
63.99/2 = 31.99 or if we get the standard 53.99/2 = 26.99.

According to my estimates since the gameplay/presentation balance should be 60/40....they touched 1/2 of the gameplay if We split the gameplay into standup And grappling. So that's 30 points for the gameplay and since they did update some of the fighter models I'll give the 20/40 for the presentation. So that's a total of 50 points out of the 100. So the game is worth half the retail price which would be $30. Makes sense to me.

I would encourage those that want to wait to maybe get a trusted person and game share with them to split the costs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2018, 02:37 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
You need to relax. I wasnt even ****ing thinking about you when I wrote that.

The OP listed "outdated fighter models" as one of the reasons he wasnt buying the game. I responded to HIS post by saying that a significant amount of people wont decide to not buy the game for that reason and used Aldo as an example. Calm down.
Why do you get defensive when you get called on your crap? You said the exact same thing in the Francis vs stipe gameplay post. You are delusional. I was the one that brought it up there and you said the same smug sarcastic thing. Bruh, you are salty to anyone that does not think as you do.

We need to be respectful to everyone. You seem like you have a issue with that, then when someone calls you a shill. You get pissed. Smh. If you don't have anything nice to say just keep it to yourself. The rude and condescending comments aren't needed. Especially to your fellow gamers that are just trying to improve the game as you're.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »