Home

EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70$

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70$ within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2018, 12:52 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
UFC 2 got poor/average reviews from hardcore gamers and alot of websites....it still sold 2 million copies.

I honestly dont think it will take any hits from major video game websites about the things we complain about here. If anything, the complaints will be related to difficulty adjusting to the new striking controls and some of the movement issues.

Solid point.

I tend to notice presentation issues first when I play new games, and this game doesn’t have many significant problems in that department (maybe character models and a lack of interactive cage animations, but nothing too obvious). Most of my issues w/ the game stem from a lack of depth with the takedowns and poor clinch fluidity/locomotion; and I didn’t even really notice those issues until I played UFC 2 for around a month or so.

That said, I think you’re right about game reviewers overlooking many of the game issues highlighted on the forums. For better or for worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-14-2018, 12:59 PM   #34
MVP

Re: EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70

I won’t go any further than saying I don’t respect this opinion. I’m ecstatic that I only have to pay 60 dollars to enjoy something for at least a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-14-2018, 01:13 PM   #35
Rookie

In my opinion, even though it's incomplete. This Team deserves every penny they ask for the title.

Now if we could somehow get a larger audience and annual releases
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2018, 01:15 PM   #36
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Probably worth the money. That said, it would be really cool if EA just gave free copies of the games to those that did voiceover work, motion capture, ect... (give them each multiple copies)
Old 01-14-2018, 01:29 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHazCode
In my opinion, even though it's incomplete. This Team deserves every penny they ask for the title.

Now if we could somehow get a larger audience and annual releases
Annual releases would not be good imo. We would pay just as much money for the games but get less content every game. No need to rush it. No bueno.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:36 PM   #38
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyzz
Annual releases would not be good imo. We would pay just as much money for the games but get less content every game. No need to rush it. No bueno.
Actually more money. You pay $60 every 18mos-2yrs for a UFC game. You would be paying 120 every 2 yrs with annual releases.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:43 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Most if not all of the regulars here will buy the game at launch.

You likely will buy the game at launch (or around launch) for full price.

The game wont be "$30-40" until months from now. This game wont do NBA Live numbers so they likely will wait until April or later to do a real price drop. For example, they didnt do a price drop for NHL until Black Friday which was more than 2 mos after release and that game sells less than UFC.

I give a ton of credit to the people who will wait and not buy it if they are unhappy. I'm skeptical that a significant amount of people here will not buy the game because FTF was removed, Ngannou's body type is god awful and Aldo wont be updated.
The Aldo comment just shows how childish you're bro. He was just one of many awful player models I chose to pick out. People like you trying to poopoo others critiques is what's wrong with the forums. You may not agree with me, but you don't have to be sarcastic a**hole.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:47 PM   #40
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Well because i'm such a hardcore fan, i'm buying the game at launch regardless...the champions edition just cuz of earlier access. But I can understand where your fraustration comes from. The game is definitely not moving as fast as some expected. What I think really put the load on them too is the previous mma games. A certain bar was set by the previous games like undisputed and when they were not up there with those games in certain aspects, it really dissapointed alot of us because we got something that was imo a downgrade (EA UFC 1) from previous games. That said, I feel they have made great progress with what they have and have done a great job supporting the game. They have done some revolutionary stuff that has advanced the way we play mma games. Now with this game, I understand they had a certain budget they had to work with and put in on the most ask for and important thing. The striking and grappling systems they have came up with is some amazing "game changing" stuff. I feel the game will get really amazing in the coming installments. Then don't forget the big amount of support the game gets with patches. So while I can understand where your fraustration stems from, imo the least I can do is pay $60-$70 bucks for a game that I know will get tons of support post launch and has a set of devoted devs behind it.

Last edited by WarMMA; 01-14-2018 at 02:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »