Home

EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70$

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70$ within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2018, 10:35 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70

£60 or £55 is a high price for any game imo. I am too used to steam sale prices.

That said, I do want my hands on a copy early to give feedback especially for AI so will see what happens nearer launch

Tempted to get it off the US store like last time.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:40 AM   #10
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Re: EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
I'm not sure what the point of this is, you don't think it's worth the launch price so you won't be buying it. I do think it's worth the launch price, so I will be buying it at launch. I don't find this game to be very anti-consumer, or at the very least no more anti-consumer than UFC 2 or any other game with an Ultimate team mode, nor do I think it's as stagnated as some people on this forum seem to think it is, I think they've made enough changes for them in addition to a roster update to be worth £60.

Now, by no means do I think the game is perfect, I just think it's more than good enough for my money and have faith in the devs that they will improve the game a lot with patches post launch.
With the overlooked aspects of the 3rd game in the series, i don't believe the EA UFC series at this point are worth a 210$ investment, in return to what we are getting as consumers.

That's what a series is to me. if you buy into all games that belong in 1 series, then you are investing in them constantly.

Do i think the 70$ were worth it for EA UFC 1, absolutely.

Do i think the 140$ were worth it for the then final product EA UFC 2? No.

Do i think the 210$ are worth it for the now final product EA UFC 3? No.

Sure the additions and changes from EA UFC 2-> EA UFC 3 are major, but they are not 70$ major in my opinion.

That's how i am viewing it. I am putting my opinion out there and if others agree with me, maybe they won't invest as much into this game, which will send a message to the publishers so that we won't get a disappointing game next time as well.

I am not saying that it's not worth playing or buying at all, i am saying if you give them less money this time for it, they'll do more work for the next one and you'll give them more money on the next game.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:42 AM   #11
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Most if not all of the regulars here will buy the game at launch.

You likely will buy the game at launch (or around launch) for full price.

The game wont be "$30-40" until months from now. This game wont do NBA Live numbers so they likely will wait until April or later to do a real price drop. For example, they didnt do a price drop for NHL until Black Friday which was more than 2 mos after release and that game sells less than UFC.

I give a ton of credit to the people who will wait and not buy it if they are unhappy. I'm skeptical that a significant amount of people here will not buy the game because FTF was removed, Ngannou's body type is god awful and Aldo wont be updated.

Take Battlefront 2 for example. After all the blowback, the game is out 2 months now and you can find it on PC for 30 Euros, compared to the 70 Euros of launch price.

As far as EA UFC 3 goes, i know i am gonna be spending a lot of time with it and will get my money's worth as far as time played/ammount payed goes, no matter how much i personally pay for it, because i don't play any other games that intrest me at this point.

But i do want it to be even more improved and there is no other way for me to convince the publishers, to get it to improve other than waiting longer, to drop less money on it and convincing other people to do the same.

At this point, this series seem to be focused only on MMA fans, who have nowhere else to go to, because this is the only MMA game series for the current gen.

If however, the series was focused on expanding it's playerbase, instead of milking the MMA junkies. we would still be paying 70$ but getting a higher quality product.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 01-14-2018 at 10:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2018, 10:46 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
With the overlooked aspects of the 3rd game in the series, i don't believe the EA UFC series at this point are worth a 210$ investment, in return to what we are getting as consumers.

That's what a series is to me. if you buy into all games that belong in 1 series, then you are investing in them constantly.

Do i think the 70$ were worth it for EA UFC 1, absolutely.

Do i think the 140$ were worth it for the then final product EA UFC 2? No.

Do i think the 210$ are worth it for the now final product EA UFC 3? No.

Sure the additions and changes from EA UFC 2-> EA UFC 3 are major, but they are not 70$ major in my opinion.

That's how i am viewing it. I am putting my opinion out there and if others agree with me, maybe they won't invest as much into this game, which will send a message to the publishers so that we won't get a disappointing game next time as well.

I am not saying that it's not worth playing or buying at all, i am saying if you give them less money this time for it, they'll do more work for the next one and you'll give them more money on the next game.
I think you have a weird way of looking at series, but I could see not thinking anything was worth it from that perspective. I also think that UFC 3 selling poorly/having a smaller profit margin is more likely to lead to the series being cancelled than it being improved. I still disagree with you, but understand it much more now than I did before.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:48 AM   #13
Rookie

battlefront is a one off and star wars the most popular franchise in the world, u will not get that sort of backlash for any other franchise.
When u consider destiny 2 and allot of other games released relatively recently especially on xbox, i believe u will easily get your money's worth for the game.
edit: I would like allot more to the game but this is a niche game in what is a relatively niche sport and will not get the funding of madden or fifa and i believe it will be a very good game for the budget it has.

Last edited by Sivo; 01-14-2018 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:50 AM   #14
MVP

Yaari's Arena

I am counting down the days until I can finally play again and now you are telling me to wait another month?

Honestly I dont think their budget is going to get any better if the game bombs at launch. (Not to say it will get any better if you do get it at launch, I just dont think that "statement" is going to have any of your intended effect).

I'm still happy with the design directions they took for this third game. The striking was awful, I appreciate where they took it. It's just a real pity that the clinch is as bad as it is, and like EA UFC 2 had its striking, each time some aspect of the game gets taken forward, it will just put the spotlight on whatever gets left behind.

I mean, I already know I will play EA UFC 3 more than many other games that will come out this year. By that alone it will be worth my money. That is not to say I like some of the decisions they made for this game, and I would love to see it have much higher budget. But this is the only MMA game you are being offered and you can either skip it, or buy it later. Or buy it used, they wont get your money at all then. I just don't believe that will result into what you are hoping for.

Last edited by Yaari; 01-14-2018 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:55 AM   #15
MVP

Nice post, I like the way you expressed your opinion without shooting down others, but instead acknowledgeding them for the most part.

Personally I see where your coming from, and I get it, but I don't 100% agree, either.

I preordered, because my biggest issue with UFC 2 was the striking, and that has been drastically improved, aye, its not perfect, but I greatly prefer it over the original, and that beta blew my tiny mind, and my experiences with the post release support of the prior two games has given me faith (which has been rattled, I won't lie, but not destroyed)

With that said, I was disappointed to see things like, the unupdated character models, the awkward commetary I've literally half heard before, lack of animation variety on stuff like body and leg kicks (this may be addressed after launch

But the meat and potatoes of the striking was solid, I really did prefer it, and I'm glad they fully fleshed out that one aspect as opposed to giving us a UFC 2 style Striking 2.5 Clinch 2.5 Ground 2.5 upgrade, where everything was upgraded a bit, but not to the degree it felt completely fresh and completely overhauled.

EDIT: I didn't word the above paragraph well, what I meant was I'm glad they chose to focus on one area THIS iteration, because the striking needed a ton of work that couldn't have been added onto the old system throughout various sequels, it had to be re-done from the ground up.

I realize in saying that I'm underrepresenting the ground changes made to 2, but you get my point.

I think the devs what they can with what their given, with the resources and time they're given, ect.

As much as I love UD3, for example, we saw massive changes between iterations, but, by todays standards, those same changes would have taken twice as long, because it all has to be motion-captured now, as opposed to pure animation seen in the UD series, incorporated into a much more complex engine, I think that stuff takes a lot more time than we think maybe.

That's kinda how I look at it, anyway.

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 01-14-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2018, 11:13 AM   #16
Rookie

there is no way in hell im buying this game for full price when they have ruined the biggest and best mode (Ultimate Team)..... Its destroyed and im not going to waste my money on their mistakes.... I will bet that next release they will revert UT mode back to how it was because virtually no1 likes it currently, its a mess and does not make sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »