Home

I hope a lesson can be learned here

This is a discussion on I hope a lesson can be learned here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 05:05 PM   #73
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

OVR: 0
I hope a lesson can be learned here

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
You're not wrong, it is pretty common practice these days. But that said, what's your point? I don't really see how this matters. Devs from other games aren't going to sit there and argue with trolls either. Once you start trashing them and their game they're simply going to ignore you, as they should.

Read through the thread I have not discredit the Devs, I simply suggested an idea to consolidate patch ideas in one single thread with absolutely no negative feedback something that the EA team can post their ideas and where they think a fix needs to be placed and slightly elaborate on them... instead of having multiple of the same threads of negative feedback, kind of like a billboard post,A chart of sorts of things they’re working on... Where the forums can read and see “oh OK they’re working on that already no need to make another thread about it”
It was an idea to bring about a more comprehensive way of communicating with their team..
But it seems like I struck a nerve!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by mannyonelover; 02-09-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:06 PM   #74
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Re: I hope a lesson can be learned here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyonelover
and it was ran poorly by the moderators that’s why they moved it here
There was a single moderator on an entire forum with outdated software. The NHL board had 6-7 people moderating it at that time.

Trolls could make newer accounts faster than I could ban their old one, or delete their posts (all had to be done manually).

You are going to put that **** on me? Lol.

Last edited by Yaari; 02-09-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:08 PM   #75
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Not even exaggerating. Literally every single online game ive played in the past year has a dedicated community team.

Warframe.
Paragon.
Fortnight.
Destiny.
The Division.

This really is common practice for online games these days.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 05:09 PM   #76
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Not even exaggerating. Literally every single online game ive played in the past year has a dedicated community team.

Warframe.

Paragon.

Fortnight.

Destiny.

The Division.

This really is common practice for online games these days.

Those aren’t sports games though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-09-2018, 05:10 PM   #77
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
Do you honestly believe that there's anything they can do to gameplay that will NOT turn into this online? That's what online gaming is. People finding any possible cheese they can and abusing it. You can't and shouldn't make a sports game that is catering to the online crowd first and foremost.
I dont care about cheese. I dont care about winning either. Im not a competitive player, or a serious ranked player.

What I care about is the ability to play the game in a way that emulates real MMA. Which is not possible right now.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-09-2018, 05:16 PM   #78
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

What major sports games is there.

ea Fifa
ea UFC
ea Madden
ea NHl
Nba 2k
WWE 2k
Old 02-09-2018, 05:17 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Having insane vulnerabilitiy windows after a slip doesnt make the game realistic...

Imo its by far the most arcade MMA game ive ever played.

Movement feels slow and unresponsive which makes playing a realistic outfighting strategy impossible.

Also moving while striking 100% of the time is not how fighting works...

Almost every high level fight is guys standing face to face flicking slips in random directions fishing for an easy rock.

Almost every fight is non stop pressure and memorized combos.

The combo system in general is unnecessary and causes all sorts of problem with input lag, inputs being dropped, effects the fluidity with grappling. People throwing goofy combos in ufc 2 was 100% due to the combo multiplier mechanic which way over incentivized playing like that. That mechanic handidly mutated gameplay.

Movement feel so delayed and slow and slidy. I see openings I cant capitalize on becauae everything is so slow. You cant dash into and out of the pocket anymore.

Jabs feel weightless and weak. You cant intercept people on a start up or whiff with a hop in jab anymore.

Headmovment has been turned into flick a stick for rock paper scizzors and real to life Headmovment frames /modes are impossible. There ia jo subtlety or nuance to it. Just flick n rip.

The camera is pure insanity and imo totally ruins the online experience. It flys all over the place and messes with control orientation. I feel like im fighting the camera as much as im fighting my opponent.

I played a game with a very high level guy the other day. Im moving movin movin. Hes just non stop pressuring me flicking his head constantly. I try to time hooks. Try to time uppercuts. The pressure is just unstoppable so eventually i jusy stop moving at all and start trying to time one of these constant sways. Guy stands directly in front of me, not moving, bobbing and weaving, flicking that stick constantly and just Mike Tysons me in the middle of the ring for like 2 minutes. He drops me like 7 times before the KO comes.

This is like 90% of every high level match in this game.

Theres 1 playstyle at high level. You have a guy with sidekicks or you dont, but pretty much everyone jusylt Mike Tysons it every single game, unless you a masochist like Bigg Cee and are completely determined to do nothing but grapple.

It doesnt even feel like the fighter I pick matter. Everyone is just doint non stop slip hooks constantly all fight. Some guys uave better stamina or a spin kick but it all feels the same to me.

The core gameplay is just not fun to me.

Im I am a seriously die hard MMA nerd. Like, what good does it do me to hate on this game? Thats the last thing I want. But it is what it is.
Thumbs up for this

I 10000% agree on the head movement system and the issue it causes(As we all know lol). They also messed up lunges and the ability to cancel them into strikes or cancel head movement into them.

That said i dunno how you can say this is worse than EA UFC 1. The stand up mechanics were so bad that you were encouraged to not block head strikes just to save stamina and then punish someone else who used their stamina attacking you.

I wish you were on xbox so we could have some legit MMA fights.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:18 PM   #80
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

But does it matter it’s a game, The gaming industry needs these platforms to better enhance their games and that’s through interactions with their consumer the players I’m totally for EA UFC3 to succeed and I understand moderators getting frustrated at the negativity that’s why I thought that a billboard post would alleviate The suspense of where the game is going and the direction of any future patch..
No harm no foul

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »