Home

I hope a lesson can be learned here

This is a discussion on I hope a lesson can be learned here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 03:00 PM   #41
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I hope a lesson can be learned here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
That's my biggest problem here too (I know I said I wouldn't come back to this thread but I couldn't help myself
I totally get that, and it's the same problem for any voice online now a days. You run a big twitter or youtube channel and all you'll hear are the big angry voices or trolls. But the rest of us are here too. I've had many great nights with UFC2 with my friends and I genuinly love that game and it produced so many awesome moments in the last 2 years of my life. watching a friend make a cardboard belt for the winner, friends declaring one as "the people's champ" since he could never win the big one but always had everyone at the edge of their seats. You don't see those moments, but they do excist. (No I'm not kissing ***)

If i come of as complaining about UFC3 it's only because I know the devs listening and my complain can actually change the things i want to have changed. I'm fairly confident that come a few months from now this will be game I again will force on my friends.

Last edited by MacGowan; 02-09-2018 at 03:02 PM. Reason: update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 03:03 PM   #42
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
That's my biggest problem here too (I know I said I wouldn't come back to this thread but I couldn't help myself).

My argument has always been that you want to appease the hard core fans because they will spread positive word of mouth on the game to people who respect their expert opinion on the genre.

So I fight hard to make the changes the hard core community wants (remember the calls to remove parries) and when we finally deliver a quality game (better than any previous in my opinion) that hits many of the the things the hard core community wanted (a community which is small compared to the rest of the broader consumer base), the community bad mouths the game at every opportunity.

So why try and target the hard core again? if they don't actually advocate for the game, but instead turn people away from it.
This is a great point. The problem is this community (and hardcore communities in general) is insatiable. I honestly feel like if the dev team said "**** it. We are going to ask the community for a list of 20 must fixes for this game and we are going to fix all 20"....many in the community would be happy.....

......many would complain and say that if the dev team was really doing their job they wouldnt have to fix those 20 issues....

....others will list 20 more that need to be fixed and call them "the real issues with the game".....

....some would complain about how they were fixed.

The bottom line is for some in this community no matter what is done it wont be enough.

Last edited by aholbert32; 02-09-2018 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:12 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This is a great point. The problem is this community (and hardcore communities in general) is its insatiable. I honestly feel like if the dev team said "**** it. We are going to ask the community for a list of 20 must fixes for this game and we are going to fix all 20"....many in the community would be happy.....

......many would complain and say that if the dev team was really doing their job they wouldnt have to fix those 20 issues....

....others will list 20 more that need to be fixed and call them "the real issues with the game".....

The bottom line is for some in this community no matter what is done it wont be enough.
This I actually disagree with.

I think everyone here believes the previous versions of the game became WAY better after patches and I expect the same with this one.

Another issue (this isnt a shot at you btw as Im guilty myself) is with some members arguing over things in the negative threads which keeps them alive longer.

I personally would always support getting this game based off of the Dev team alone. But we do run into some that quickly forget how much better these games are. Im sure we’ll be singing praises after the next patch.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:12 PM   #44
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This is a great point. The problem is this community (and hardcore communities in general) is its insatiable. I honestly feel like if the dev team said "**** it. We are going to ask the community for a list of 20 must fixes for this game and we are going to fix all 20"....many in the community would be happy.....

I honestly think if things go as planned and a bunch of the common complaints get adjusted that the vast majority will be happy. Once everything settles... you'll see way more positive threads.

The thing you also have to bear in mind is that the game hasn't actually changed that much. The stand up gameplay is more or less the only real difference. Career mode has just as little substance as before. Ultimate team is EA doing their thing with the pay to win system. The ground and clinch game is more or less the same. Tournament mode wasn't in UFC 2 but it's not exactly amazing. You could do it yourself and keep track if you wanted to. Not online either.

Like when you look at the game as a whole... It hasn't really changed much besides the stand up and most of the positive things from the stand up have been spoken about.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:18 PM   #45
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

It's been almost two years since UFC2 came out. So with UFC3 people expected to be blown away and it has been underwhelming for a lot of people. The game has a few bright spots but for people who are into sports games and get them every year going through an extra year to get the next UFC game people expected it to be more than it is. I, also, expected it to be more than it is.

I bought the game because I figured it could be patched up and tuned up enough to make it as much of an enjoyable experience as UFC2 but I am starting to think that I might be wrong. I won't even get started on Ultimate Team which in UFC2 was one of the most fun modes I've ever played in a sports game to what it is now.

Usually when I see a ton of negative posts on Muthead I just attribute it to people being whiners and wanting everything for free, but on here a LARGE number of the "negative" posts have been pretty spot on.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:32 PM   #46
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Seems tense around here
Old 02-09-2018, 03:39 PM   #47
Rookie

This is why I tend to avoid the forum unless the games just come out or I want information on patches. It's always just people complaining. You would think from the threads, it's the worst game ever created.

It must be incredibly disheartening to work on something for 2 years and be excited about something you worked so hard on just for people to s*** on it every single day.

I can't even imagine the amount of abuse he gets on twitter as well, from all the entilted people with no filter.

I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks, but I definitely got my £70 worth from the champions version.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:54 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
That's my biggest problem here too (I know I said I wouldn't come back to this thread but I couldn't help myself).

My argument has always been that you want to appease the hard core fans because they will spread positive word of mouth on the game to people who respect their expert opinion on the genre.

So I fight hard to make the changes the hard core community wants (remember the calls to remove parries) and when we finally deliver a quality game (better than any previous in my opinion) that hits many of the the things the hard core community wanted (a community which is small compared to the rest of the broader consumer base), the community bad mouths the game at every opportunity.

So why try and target the hard core again? if they don't actually advocate for the game, but instead turn people away from it.
I rarely post, but frequently visit various forums for the games that I enjoy. While I think that this particular venue (Operation Sports) is one of the more mature and respectful forums, I feel like the general gaming community behaves similarly to what you are describing here. Unfortunately it is much easier to be an a-hole in an online forum than in person.

Having access to the development teams brains and ideas is invaluable and quite frankly it's the only reason I made the decision to stop being a lurker and actually start making posts here. It's also why I will continue to purchase your titles and recommend them to my friends and family. Even though we don't always get what we want out of the box, you guys have always made the absolute best effort to communicate with the community and make adjustments to the game.

Lastly just to clarify.... I personally hope that you guys don't view the angry frustrated debates that we have as negativity towards the development team or the game changers. Don't get me wrong, there are some truly disrespectful A-holes in these forums. But.... I hope that the simple fact that we vehemently disagree and continue to resist certain ideas and opinions isn't what prompted you to make this post.

Last edited by dina1229; 02-09-2018 at 03:58 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »